Liadri Tips

Liadri Tips

in Living World

Posted by: smexymage.8215

smexymage.8215

I’ve tried to beat her maybe…..30+ times now. Haven’t had any success. Her second phase is too hard. Any tips for a mesmer on how to beat her?

Liadri Tips

in Living World

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

What do you have difficulty with?

Liadri Tips

in Living World

smexymage.8215

I get a few hits on her but the cripple always kills me. I run the aoe cleanse and mantra cleanse but somehow i die anyways. Not enough dodges :c

Liadri Tips

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

One important thing to do when fighting Liadri is to move in small circles around the center of the arena. If you try and fight in the middle or edge of the arena, you will have to burn dodges to escape the shadowfalls, and you WILL die after a while. If you stick to the center, the area between the shadowfalls and the safe spot is quite short and if you have an innate +25% speed boost, that’s still fast enough for you to hobble from zone to zone between shadowfalls. Dodge only if you absolutely cannot make it or if the shadow clones are about to catch you.

Liadri Tips

in Living World

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Here’s how Dulfy killed Liadri last year, should help you get her quite easily this time around.

http://youtu.be/c37Ragvtnx8

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Liadri Tips

in Living World

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

Here’s how Dulfy killed Liadri last year, should help you get her quite easily this time around.

http://youtu.be/c37Ragvtnx8

Something to take away from that video, she played unnecessarily defensively in phase 2. Using a greatsword to range her down while kiting her in phase 2 is better than just letting phantasms tickle her.

The shorter the fight lasts, the less chance you have to make a mistake. Pick a ranged weapon and just do semi-circles around the room.

Liadri Tips

in Living World

smexymage.8215

So I’m making progress. This time I survived until I timed out using a greatsword and swapping to sword/focus occasionally. I need a way to raise my dps ._.’

Liadri Tips

in Living World

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

The fight seems to have a pattern this year instead of the complete randomness that was last year.

Basically take some ranged, as a mesmer you cant afford to walk up to a cosmic rift and ranged works this year against it. Condition builds were the way to go last year, not sure about this year though but she still applies the weakness. As a mesmer I know all too well we don’t have that many options for conditions but it is very possible with the staff.

Liadri Tips

in Living World

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

The fight was definitely not complete randomness last year. Everything moved in a cycle, I know because I memorised it and killed her on my 70th or so attempt… (actually I lost count, but I think it was around 70 tries, at least it felt that long)

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Liadri Tips

in Living World

Posted by: Gizuko.5734

Gizuko.5734

I’d recommend going with S/S+GS, as opposed to focus. iSwordsman deals a great amount of damage, while dodging on the leaps, so it has a chance of ignoring shadowfalls (I didn’t manage to pull this off, although I beat her already). Plus, iGuard is buggy and stationary.

If you can withstand the first phase with mirror heal + feedback, and can manage through the second without swiftness, I’d say you should give it a try.

I wouldn’t go with mantras here, instead I used mender’s purity, since mirror is on a low CD and MP cleanses 2 conditions. If you are going to take +15% phantasm damage on the inspiration line, take either +10% running speed per illusion or +20% phant hp.

Also, head over to the mesmer subforum, there was a nice build there, though I guess you might have checked it/be using it already.

Liadri Tips

in Living World

Posted by: Garrisyl.7402

Garrisyl.7402

I beat her on my third try yesterday, running the old-school zerker phantasm build. GS is a must in this fight, because of the excellent range, dmg and the cripple on the phantasmal berzerker. If she gets too close knock her back with the 5-skill. Second weapon set is S/P. The sword is almost useless, because you don’t want to be in melee range. The evade on the 2-skill is a nice panic button and finisher though. Pistol phantasm deals huge, reliable damage, and the stun is also great for getting some distance between you.

While fighting the first phase, remember that her attacks are slow projectiles, meaning you can easily dodge them by tapping left-right from time to time.

In the second phase, use your illusion summoning skills whenever they are off cd. Especially the GS ones (2 and 5-skill) are great, because they spawn at Liadri, often taking the aggro away from you and giving you some breathing space.

I used Moa, blink, decoy and signet of illusion. The signet is great because it makes your phantasm survive two hits from Liadri instead of one, which makes a huge difference.

Endurance regen food ist a must ofc.

Liadri Tips

in Living World

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

Liadri Tips

in Living World

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

… innate +25% speed boost,

You missed the part about “mesmer”, didn’t you? I love my mesmer, but is there a slower class in all the MMOverse?

Seriously, though, some great advice in this post. Gotta try Liadri again for hours this year. Hope I can beat her! And good luck, OP!

Liadri Tips

in Living World

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

The fight was definitely not complete randomness last year. Everything moved in a cycle, I know because I memorised it and killed her on my 70th or so attempt… (actually I lost count, but I think it was around 70 tries, at least it felt that long)

Well then I didnt see it.

And the fight this year isnt a complete pattern anyway, the cosmic rifts dont always spawn in the same spot, just the shadow wells spawn in the same pattern and the visions of mortality have a pattern they follow when spawning as well.

Liadri Tips

in Living World

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

I beat her last year on my Ranger, but for the life of me, I can’t remember how I did it…..lol. I blame my age.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Liadri Tips

in Living World

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

For my warrior I used melendru rune and -36%con food.

Longbow with this build 6 4 4 0 0 build,with Dogged March and Cleansing Ire you will never get crippled and can remove weakness with F1

Defiant Stance and Ignore Pain work one the ground aoe and your stability skills will work on the orb so I recommended them.

Liadri Tips

in Living World

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Currently working on downing her as thief. Yes, I could probably do it easier on my Mesmer, but I want the extra bragging rights~

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Liadri Tips

in Living World

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Yeah, I’ve tried this over 10 times and it’s a perfect storm technique. Don’t waste time with it. I’ll admit it is funny though, just not practical.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Liadri Tips

in Living World

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

Try Warrior [video]

I’m going to post this next time I see someone complaining that gw2 is not enough like gw1. Ursanway lives!

Liadri Tips

in Living World

Posted by: Yamiga.7863

Yamiga.7863

Here’s the build i used to kill her on my mesmer (and get the 8 orbs achievement):

Stick with sword+focus (both traited) for phase 1. Use your focus skills to reflect her attacks when you can’t strife them. You can also use sword #2 to dodge the shadowfalls without having to move/waste a dodge. Learning the different patterns (clones spawning, “light pits”, aoes) is a must.

When entering phase 2 switch to GS. Dodge when she jumps towards you to avoid the cripple/weakness then run in (relatively) small circles so you don’t have to dodge the shadowfalls and spam GS #1 #2 and #4. Cripple from the izerker + GS#5 + Blink should be enough to kite her until she dies. If she manages to cripple/weakness you, use the mantra or heal to cleanse it asap. I’d also recommend to save your blink for when you really need it (usually to escape the aoes when she managed to cripple you and you have no dodge left)