Living Story: A lifetime event

in Living World

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

When you look at it, LS is actually permanent since you always will have an event that is tied to the previous occurrences such as the aetherblades coming back. As long as there is an explanation to why things disappear after the event is over the story can move on.

If you don’t care about the Lore then you shouldn’t care about LS. GW2 is an MMORPG so how can a story progress in a persistent world if you can repeat it?

I just wonder when and how these Aetherblades are going to be eradicated from Tyria.

Think of LS as like a book that you pick every now and then to read a few pages. LS has infinite possibilities and I hope they never take it away.

in Living World

Posted by: Emmet.2943

Emmet.2943

Issue with your book analogy is in a book i can go back to previous chapters and recap on stuff i might of not caught at first. I can re read the book because i enjoyed so much and if i don’t have time to read the book during a period of time im not penalized. Same goes for most other forms of entertainment like tv shows, movie series, comics, etc.

The living story can evolve as much as you want to but if players enjoy something and it gets taken away then Anet are losing out on a person playing more of guild wars 2. What if they liked the last update but hate the new one their is nothing to allow them to go back and have fun with a dungeon, event, or enemy that they enjoyed their time with.

If we were truly in a living world orr would be cleansed, Centaurs/flame legion/inquest/nightmare quart/dredge/krait/any other enemy faction wouldn’t be doing the same loop quests over and over they would be taking or getting pushed out of their land, Tequatl wouldn’t be spawning anymore, Their would be seasons, and many other things that don’t happen. This is just a TV show advancing when Anet want it to not when the players or world make it advance so if Anet just allowed players to go back and experience the content that they have spent tons of man hours making then a lot of the community would probably be happier about the living story.

Festivals, celebrations, and all the content that’s planned to return in the future would obviously be left out of this.

(edited by Emmet.2943)