Living Story Polls! Show us your Feedback!

in Living World

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Hello, this forum post will contain any and all polls that I have or will post on the living story. This is to help the developers gather feedback and make future chapters a better experience for all! Have suggestions? Please PM them to me.

Thank you for your time

Previous Polls

-Last Stand at Southsun:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1q-l6d1TcPi2h3ivPYoxGSPTT4Gv581wXzXOCM1BHsYQ/viewanalytics

-Secret of Southsun: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1rqRf1ZMmFiO0vgPR0mmBoIDFv7615ahjFm-1FSh9Gs0/viewanalytics

-Dragon Bash:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1LiMuzdMcBMjN0hO1yRQmDuB05McpwtF8OI2CAjQz9r8/viewanalytics

-Sky Priates:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1PUQZ9pU51z9WLoF8KX3KjaqgSuf-Q46Bxf3DAgyEFHo/viewanalytics

Current Poll

Bazaar of the Four Winds: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1totIebX5FebfELWWIs6JDMYgLPS5XEDV2dCIEro6Oes/viewform

(edited by Deified.7520)

in Living World

Deified.7520

Awesome responses so far, keep them coming! Remember the poll will end this saturday, so be sure to check back here for the responses.

in Living World

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

In my opinion, you need polls with more open-ended questions. For instance, there’s a question about whether I like the new dungeon or not. My answer isn’t a simple, boolean “yes” or “no”. While I did like it overall, there were aspects of it that I absolutely hated. There should be a way to explain my concerns.

in Living World

Deified.7520

In my opinion, you need polls with more open-ended questions. For instance, there’s a question about whether I like the new dungeon or not. My answer isn’t a simple, boolean “yes” or “no”. While I did like it overall, there were aspects of it that I absolutely hated. There should be a way to explain my concerns.

I do agree with you, however I am not sure how to word these with those things in mind. There are a lot of opinions dealing with these questions and each person usually has a somewhat unique view of the dungeon and things they like and don’t like. If you have a suggestion on how to word these questions so that I can include more focuses responses, i’d love to hear. Currently I’m trying to get the general gist of the community and what they feel about things in updates.

in Living World

Deified.7520

The Sky Pirates Poll will be ending tomorrow! Be sure to check back on this post to see the results!

in Living World

Posted by: Grimthagen.6019

Grimthagen.6019

I took a quick look at the polls.

In future you might want to add “null” response choices. For instance, I didn’t play the Aetherblade dungeon because I don’t generally like the dungeon experience. To answer that truthfully would be a No, but a more accurate response would be “Didn’t try it”. Could get a different metric on what people are or are not doing from the patch content.

You could also potentially break the Yes / No up into a 1-5 ranking. That might help with people who find a boolean answer problematic. There are other problems with a 1-5 ranking of course, but it might help.

in Living World

Posted by: Naughty Goddess.3018

Naughty Goddess.3018

I like the new content——BUT the downfall of this type of Living Story is——time gaps and lack of the feel of full integration. If ANET wants this game to last 7 years plus; THEN 7 years plus of Living Story has to be completed FIRST then released as ANET sees fit to do so. The way the game is now it is like watching a movie as it is being shot NOT the final cut that shows on the big screen. I really like Guild wars 2 THAT is why I want to see some changes. I would love to help if I could.

in Living World

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

what grim said in a didnt do or null response i didnt do the aethblade achievements mainly cause i didnt think i could accomplish enough to get any reward. think i ended up with one achievement total by not trying any but most had to do being imn jp’s and i cant do them for the life of me. thank good ness for portals when i can get them

in Living World

Posted by: Shroedingers Chupacabra.2978

Shroedingers Chupacabra.2978

I really hate the current living story content. It makes me motion sick and makes my hands and wrists hurt from all the jumping around for hours. In addition, I haven’t been able to complete any but one or two of the achievements without referring to a third party guide. That isn’t a game, that’s a research exercise that is extra hard because my computer can’t play flash videos (takes about 10 minutes to load a webpage if Flash is enabled). I really have doubts as to my ability to finish the achievements sufficiently in the time allotted. I spent an hour yesterday trying to find sky crystals and couldn’t actually spot any other than the 5 I had gotten 2 or 3 days ago. If I can’t find a single crystal in an hour, there is no way I can do hardly any of THAT content without referring to a guide. In addition, I’m afraid of heights, so Obsidian Sanctum in the dark room is more enjoyable than being up on the sky ship. Why is almost all the content this time designed to make me ill? Shouldn’t there be enough variety in content for everyone to be able to do it? BTW, I have over 3300 hours of game play and 9 level 80, all classes, so it’s not like I can’t play, although I really haven’t touched PvP or dungeons hardly because I am direction challenged (run around in circles while thinking I’m running straight, LOL).

Oh yeah, ….I’m not that good at JPs either. I don’t mind JPs being optional for standard chest rewards, but making them mandatory for time limited special rewards is just wrong, IMHO. I did do Spekk’s Lab, but I needed another person to trigger the platforms behind me because I couldn’t turn fast enough on the platforms, or see the platforms ahead quick enough.

(edited by Shroedingers Chupacabra.2978)

in Living World

Posted by: Order of Venvardis.6073

Order of Venvardis.6073

These polls are really awesome and a good way to have evidence of player opinions aside from the people who post complaints/suggestions/praise on the forum all the time. I hope more people do them, though, ’cause having about 200 people per poll is good, but definitely not wholly accurate of the entire playerbase.

In future you might want to add “null” response choices. For instance, I didn’t play the Aetherblade dungeon because I don’t generally like the dungeon experience. To answer that truthfully would be a No, but a more accurate response would be “Didn’t try it”. Could get a different metric on what people are or are not doing from the patch content.

You could also potentially break the Yes / No up into a 1-5 ranking. That might help with people who find a boolean answer problematic. There are other problems with a 1-5 ranking of course, but it might help.

I agree with everything this user said! I had to several Dragon Bash poll questions incorrectly because I didn’t do all of the content. An “N/A” choice would be very helpful to avoid skewed results. I also imagined the 1-5 ranking system, because like a few people said, sometimes it’s not as easy as “yes” or “no.”

Hope you figure out a way to include more options like this to make these polls more accurate.

in Living World

Posted by: Shroedingers Chupacabra.2978

Shroedingers Chupacabra.2978

I agree with the previous poster that the poll needs to be modified with a “Did not do.” answer available. Also, given that Living Story achievements that we didn’t work on no longer appear in the UI, I think a description of the achievement might make doing the poll speedier.

in Living World

Posted by: Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Too soon to know how well the living will work out, as there is nothing to game model out there (which I know about anyways). Its been really hit and miss, but events to be getting better. There is temporary contain I would like to replay. I imagine a year of two down the road they will recycle some of that content and they start to length events or space them out. (ie) you will have 2 new events followed by ‘sky pirates’ returning for one week only. As long as Super Adventure Box doesn’t return, that was less fun than watching paint dry.

in Living World

Posted by: Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Sir Morgan Malory.2069

The only that scares is that without an large expansion. There won’t be any new classes, not should a big deal. But we will eventually need new weapons and or atleast new set of weapons skills, or this game will get extremely stale.

in Living World

Deified.7520

Thanks for all the feedback. First time I actually got a lot of feedback in the months I’ve done these, so I’ll be sure to follow. I’m going to look at doing some number ratings on the questions. I will be putting in “Did not Complete/do” responses for the question in case people didn’t do them. On the topic of getting more people, I notice that when I post in the general discussion forum, I get a large increase in responses from the average. Problem is that the mods don’t like this and move the post into the LS forum (which not a whole lot of people check). Ill be trying to post a link to the poll in general discussion without breaking the rules to help get more of the playerbase involved, well see how that goes. The Sky Pirates Results are live too.

in Living World

Posted by: Order of Venvardis.6073

Order of Venvardis.6073

Deified, I think you need to change the privacy settings for the Sky Pirates results. When I click on the link, it prompts me to sign into Google Drive instead of just showing me the results, and when I sign in, it says I need to “request permission to access this item.”

…As long as Super Adventure Box doesn’t return, that was less fun than watching paint dry.

From what I’ve read about people’s feelings of SAB, I think you’re in the minority.

in Living World

Deified.7520

Deified, I think you need to change the privacy settings for the Sky Pirates results. When I click on the link, it prompts me to sign into Google Drive instead of just showing me the results, and when I sign in, it says I need to “request permission to access this item.”

…As long as Super Adventure Box doesn’t return, that was less fun than watching paint dry.

From what I’ve read about people’s feelings of SAB, I think you’re in the minority.

Thanks for the catch, Fixed. So sorry about that, please accept my apologies.

in Living World

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

thanks deified for fixing that i was going to mention it but didnt have time. thanks for all the effort putting it out. some of the answers surprised me

in Living World

Deified.7520

Ok guys new poll for Bazaar of the Four Winds is up and running. I took your feedback and tried to put in some 1 to 5 rating questions on those that it seemed it would fit. If you wish to expand on any responses say it in this thread. If you have an suggestions please do say in this thread or toss me a PM.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1totIebX5FebfELWWIs6JDMYgLPS5XEDV2dCIEro6Oes/viewform

in Living World

Posted by: Edgar Doiron.2804

Edgar Doiron.2804

Wow thanks for doing these polls. Although there’s not many voters, it still shows a small glimpse of what people liked and what not.

Forgeman Destroyers [FORD] – Sorrows furnace

in Living World

Deified.7520

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1totIebX5FebfELWWIs6JDMYgLPS5XEDV2dCIEro6Oes/viewanalytics#start=publishanalytics

Recent results. I probably wont do one for the last living story patch, these next few weeks I’m going to be a lot more busy.

in Living World

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Wow, Thanks for doing these. Please keep doing these when you’re no longer busy with other stuff. Its always interesting to see what people liked and hated, and see how much I agree with everyone else with what was great and what was horrible.

in Living World

Deified.7520

Hey guys, Ill try to start posting some polls again.

Here are two ones. You’ll have till next week to answer them (on the 10th).

Nightmare Within- https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1_qFF7IOwyrH7Kp9eV_-go6JhhOFXc1vvuTjRdff4viQ/viewform

Fractured- https://docs.google.com/forms/d/14wzIfQ0rbVMcwoT7o7HWKQc_Pr4u7WCWSse9O2PweKg/viewform

(edited by Deified.7520)

in Living World

Deified.7520

Results!

Fractured: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/14wzIfQ0rbVMcwoT7o7HWKQc_Pr4u7WCWSse9O2PweKg/viewanalytics

Nightmare Within: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1_qFF7IOwyrH7Kp9eV_-go6JhhOFXc1vvuTjRdff4viQ/viewanalytics#start=publishanalytics

Thank you to all those that responded, it was an amazing turn out! Please stay turned for the next upcoming poll (probably next week).