Living Story Takes Place of Expansions?

in Living World

Posted by: zallis.2138

zallis.2138

Obviously, if there are going to be expansions for this game, they will focus on the other dragons. But the living story seems to deal with other things about the lore that have nothing to do with the dragons at all. I am wondering if anyone knows if Anet plans on having expansions, or if they are just gonna do living story and eventually, they will release a big living story where other dragons are involved, or are they going to have an expansion and extend the personal story as well as having living story deal with other lore.

On a slightly different note, does anybody else think they should make living stories about things that happened in guild wars? like to wrap things up? There were a couple mentions of things from GW1 in the personal story, but they never really explained how that all ended up. The living story being announced tomorrow has a cool looking concept art picture, it might have something to do with a necromancer or something.

Information about New Outriders
en.guildwars2.com/forum/guilds/recruitment/New-OutRiders-NOR-Recruitment-Post/first#post2721974

in Living World

Posted by: Syrpharon.7491

Syrpharon.7491

If we think about GW1, if they’re going to release an expansion, it would be a separated world.
However, that would mean that most of the main map in Tirya would be complete, which is not right now.
Anet for now hasn’t mentioned expansions or such (If I’m not wrong) and It’s higly improbable that they would introduce another dragon as a living story: it’s too much of a big deal, would require a different and completely dedicated game.

Personally I’d love to have living stories about the story packs in GW1 (where you could play as main characters in key events of GW1 story) but I don’t think they’ll do it

in Living World

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

I’m fairly certain they will release five expansions throughout the next 6 years or so, each connected to one of the “under construction” asura gates in LA (no source, just prediction).

I would also love to see a wrapping up of the Guild Wars Beyond events, since it looks like they won’t be doing the Elona or Ebonhawke parts of it in the first game.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Living World

Posted by: Mia Lunarfang.5826

Mia Lunarfang.5826

If we think about GW1, if they’re going to release an expansion, it would be a separated world.
However, that would mean that most of the main map in Tirya would be complete, which is not right now.
Anet for now hasn’t mentioned expansions or such (If I’m not wrong) and It’s higly improbable that they would introduce another dragon as a living story: it’s too much of a big deal, would require a different and completely dedicated game.

Personally I’d love to have living stories about the story packs in GW1 (where you could play as main characters in key events of GW1 story) but I don’t think they’ll do it

You shouldn’t compare GW2 to GW1, there are too few similarities in game-play and story-line. As you said in GW1 the expansion took place in another world; they cannot do that in GW2, as the issues in this world have yet to be settled, and thus require expansions to conclude them. We know for certain that the dragons live in THIS world, more than that, we know the round-about position where at least one of them are. The map areas north of Frostgorge Sound are most definitely home to Joremag and his servants, so they will not release those maps until they have expansion that deals with them. Thus, it is impossible for them to complete the current world map before adding expansions as they did in GW1. They most certainly wont make the dragons part of living story, as that kind of content is too important to be temporary or simply tossed at us as a permanent world event. World events don’t have the same impact that instances and dungeons do, and thus would not be proper for an epic dragon.

in Living World

Posted by: zallis.2138

zallis.2138

Anet for now hasn’t mentioned expansions or such (If I’m not wrong)

they have mentioned expansions before, and as for the second part of that, I have heard of an update called the bonus mission pack. It is a free update that does just what you said. You play as important characters going through main events such as you playing as the canthan (forget his name for some reason) that makes a treaty with the tengu.

Information about New Outriders
en.guildwars2.com/forum/guilds/recruitment/New-OutRiders-NOR-Recruitment-Post/first#post2721974