Living Story Unplayable

Living Story Unplayable

in Living World

Posted by: Nimarrna.5924

Nimarrna.5924

The living story is unplayable for me. The first time i tried , the game seemed normal. Then i got kicked off the server, into the character screen. Logged in the character again, strated the story again, got kicked off after a few minutes. Tried for a 3rd time. Now there is a huge lag problem, that seems to occure randomly. Have to wait over 5 seconds for a skill to activate. Mobs teleporting. Simply put, unplayable. :/

It’s not the internet, as my boyfriend can play just fine.

EDIT: Tried a 4th time, after waiting 10 minutes. Kicked off the server again.

(edited by Nimarrna.5924)

Living Story Unplayable

in Living World

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

What are you system specs? It could easily be hardware related. Also, have you tried resetting your router/modem and network card? They build trash over time and could have some file in cache causing issues.

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs

Living Story Unplayable

in Living World

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Welcome to patch day!

Living Story Unplayable

in Living World

Nimarrna.5924

What are you system specs? It could easily be hardware related. Also, have you tried resetting your router/modem and network card? They build trash over time and could have some file in cache causing issues.

I don’t think that the modem/router is the problem. My boyfriend uses the same one, and he didn’t have any problems. oO
I have been playing GW2 yesterday just fine, so i have no idea why i get lags and disconnects all of a sudden. My specs:

Intel® Core™ i5-4690 CPU @ 3.50GHz
GeForce GTX 750 Ti
8.0 GB of RAM
Microsoft Windows 10 , 64-bit

Tried playing again, after 3 hours. Got kicked off the server after 5 minutes. :/

Living Story Unplayable

in Living World

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

try clean DNS cache + reset winsock, its vary on computer. A wrong DNS route stored by windows leads to this type of problem, even though the internet is ok. And yes it occurs more in the instances of living world.

Living Story Unplayable

in Living World

Nimarrna.5924

try clean DNS cache + reset winsock, its vary on computer. A wrong DNS route stored by windows leads to this type of problem, even though the internet is ok. And yes it occurs more in the instances of living world.

I did as you advised and it solved my problem. Thank you very much! I could finally finish the first part of the story without any problems.
You are officially my hero of the week.

Living Story Unplayable

in Living World

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

It was a little glitchy today. I got kicked to login-in once while exploring the new map, and right at the beginning of the final boss fight the game seemed ot lag out (I could move and flail but nothing was actually happening and the enemies were static) and then I died, but respawned without actually logging out of the game entirely. It’s possible these issues were on my end, my wifi can be flakey, but I figured I’d make note of them since others were having issues.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”