Living World 2 - Enormous amount of bugs

in Living World

Posted by: SyphonJr.1795

SyphonJr.1795

So I bought Living World season 2 with some gems and experienced a lot of bugs.

Green markers that are wrong on the map, 1 hit KO without downed state from a Veteran mob, KO on using the launchers in Dry Top and a bug that prevents me from finding 3 clues and finish with talking to Marjory.

I contacted ArenaNet and they said they can’t do anything about it and that they have informed the players about it and quoting the support team<

“It shows you did not read your mail =( You could have saved a lot of time if you have read it.”

I do read my mail. I asked him for the email and he said it was sent in-game mail. Because I also read my ingame mail. I asked guildmembers if they got something. Nobody got something. Then I asked in Lions Arch if anyone else got a message about it. Nothing, some people responded they also have the bugs.

So is there anything OFFICIALY known about this or was it just a lame excuse for not refunding or compensating players for this?

Many thanks

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Exactly what is instantly killing you with no knockdown?

The launchers do not cause KO. It’s likely because of lag.

Green markers wrong on the map how? Which story step?

in Living World

Posted by: SyphonJr.1795

SyphonJr.1795

Exactly what is instantly killing you with no knockdown?

The launchers do not cause KO. It’s likely because of lag.

Green markers wrong on the map how? Which story step?

When I land I lose so much HP I almost die. If I do it again without regenerating, I’m dead. Green markers show where the clues are hidden on the crash site. You have to report it to Marjory.

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

The known wrong green marker is the one in Black Citadel. I’ve always found it easiest to zoom my map out and find the end destination for my green star rather than follow map to map to map, as I likely have a closer WP than the guide realizes. So oddities in green whirly arrow placement have little impact.

OP, about the mail, they could mean there is an in-game mail you receive at the start of or during the LS chapter and if you don’t read it when you receive it some things won’t advance. There has been no mass email, in or out of game, addressing any bug, ever, at least none that I’ve seen. Their mass emails are for notices of upcoming content.

I have found Support to be unfailingly helpful and kind in every ticket I’ve submitted. You’ve only quoted one line, possibly way out of context. Could you share the full exchange, editing out any private information, so we can better assist you to understand the response you received?

in Living World

Posted by: Sinope.5630

Sinope.5630

If you are doing Fallen Hopes in Living Story 2 (looking for clues and talk with Marjory) It worked fine. I just did it with my character.

There are those 3 clues what you need to seek top of the mountain, first is letter, it is easy one, you just need to kill veteran inquest and golem to get it. Read that letter and talk to Marjory when she is close to you. Second is Further edge of the cliff. You need to kill all those dust mite twisters, or aggro those little dust mites with you and beware of the winds, go to the cliff where are 4 inquests, kill them and Marjory and Kashmeer are doing dust mite killing in that time. When you have killed those inquests kill rest of the little dust mites, then Marjory will come beside of you. Look out that corpse, and talk with Marjory. Last one is bit harder. There is Veteran Dust Mite in there, keep your back always against middle wall and when that veteran dust mite is blowing wind, you are blown away from that wall, but get back and kill that dust mite. When it is dead, go to that pile of burned boards and wait when Marjory is beside of you and investigate them. Marjory and Kasmeer is talking. YOu need to talk with Marjory again and finally it is done.

in Living World

Posted by: Bandit.8279

Bandit.8279

Done LS2 on a few different characters. Haven’t had any of these issues.

Fools N Gold [FNG] of Tarnished Coast

in Living World

Posted by: Isarii.2804

Isarii.2804

Done LS2 on a few different characters. Haven’t had any of these issues.

Ditto. Not sure what OP’s doing wrong, but I don’t think it’s the content.

in Living World

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Finished all of Living Story 2 on a twink 3-4 days back. Worked fine.

When playing Caithe, make sure to read what skills you have. If need be stealth and wait for your heal to regenerate, use your poison attacks, use the dodges from skills, etc. Remember, Caith does not suffer from revealed debuff. You can ulti stealth on her and keep attacking.

I did die once here and had a disconnect forcing me to redo the entire mission (almost had the final boss dead).

in Living World

Posted by: DrLight.9760

DrLight.9760

I’m having bugs with LS2 when playing through with non-main character – I have completed a section of ls2 with a character that hasn’t done it before but I get no rewards just the “finish” screen (the shield & crossed swords with an accpet button under it.

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Honestly, playing Caithe is awful (despite her OP skills, she’s still a squishy dagger thief), I wish they’d at least have given her a shortbow to swap to or something.

also, that perma-retaliation golem (and it is permanent, I’ve stripped it and it just reapplies it) in Fallen Hopes is one of the nastiest enemies in the entirety of season 2.