Living World 3- Spoilers

Living World 3- Spoilers

in Living World

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

You can post spoilers here

For everybody who wants share something with community.
Any spoiler? Share with us!

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

(edited by Arden.7480)

Living World 3- Spoilers

in Living World

Arden.7480

I created this thread, because I know that everyone wants share with observations.
I cannot play GW2 right now and I want know every spoiler from new map and story.

Thank You for understanding!
See You all in Guild Wars 2!

Living World 3- Spoilers

in Living World

Posted by: radda.8920

radda.8920

he is finally here, lazarus<3:

Attachments:

Living World 3- Spoilers

in Living World

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

My character is a master ice sculptor. In 3 shots she can carve a perfect raven statue out of ice complete with wing contours, eyes, feathers without shattering it.

Little red Lioka

Living World 3- Spoilers

in Living World

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

My character is a master ice sculptor. In 3 shots she can carve a perfect raven statue out of ice complete with wing contours, eyes, feathers without shattering it.

haha, yeah this made me laugh.

Living World 3- Spoilers

in Living World

Posted by: Eulolia.2467

Eulolia.2467

Errr, so why do we just hang up on Taimi at the end, mid-conversation, mid-reveal? That was… weird.

Subscribe for exciting guild wars 2 videos! https://www.youtube.com/user/eulololia/

Living World 3- Spoilers

in Living World

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

After seeing the final scenes, I don’t think anyone can debate that the raid was indeed the introduction of this storyline.

Bad form and a very bad practice, imo.

Living World 3- Spoilers

in Living World

Posted by: Icdan Sevaen.4628

Icdan Sevaen.4628

After seeing the final scenes, I don’t think anyone can debate that the raid was indeed the introduction of this storyline.

Actually feels like I got a lot more out of the notes scattered across the zone than out of raiding.
Didn’t feel that way to me.

Living World 3- Spoilers

in Living World

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

So is there a new zone or map????

Living World 3- Spoilers

in Living World

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

The Notes around Bloodstone Fen give you much more information than the Raid itself of what happened there. The Raid is more like a small Side Story that has the same Theme but you don’t need it to understand what happened.

Living World 3- Spoilers

in Living World

Posted by: Dalsia.3907

Dalsia.3907

Ok, we have three things to worry about in this story: Caudecus, who has know confirmed that he is a bad guy from the white mantle who wants the throne, Lazarus has returned who is seemed to not be interested in taking over Tyria, and the last thing of them all that just blew me away. PRIMORDIOUS IS ACTIVE AND COMING!

Living World 3- Spoilers

in Living World

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I am irritated that the Pact Commander stood down to stay with Guild Stupid, but not really surprised. kitten, I used to have a team, but Living Story took it away.

Living World 3- Spoilers

in Living World

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

I am irritated that the Pact Commander stood down to stay with Guild Stupid, but not really surprised. kitten, I used to have a team, but Living Story took it away.

Would you prefer to be stuck behind a desk, and never allowed to explore and be on the front lines again? If so, I’m sorry you can’t see the bureaucratic side of Tyria.

Honestly, I’m disappointed by Caudecus. I thought he was a little bit more clever than that as far as revealing his schemes and failing so completely. I mean, he was patient for, what, 4 years and then he just throws it away in a second?

Living World 3- Spoilers

in Living World

Arden.7480

I would like ask few questions:
1.what about the Egg? any news?
2. is Caudecus dead?
3. any news about ley line?

Living World 3- Spoilers

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

In three hits with a pickaxe. You forgot that.

Screw the norn master sculptor with his slow stone sculpting with a chisel and hammer. We the boss.

Errr, so why do we just hang up on Taimi at the end, mid-conversation, mid-reveal? That was… weird.

Didn’t seem like we hung up, or that it was mid-conversation. Taimi said what was needed. Primordus is now active.

I would like ask few questions:
1.what about the Egg? any news?
2. is Caudecus dead?
3. any news about ley line?

1. No news.
  2. No, he escaped thanks to the mesmer portal.
  3. Only in the Current Events atm.
Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Living World 3- Spoilers

in Living World

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

Well, we did hear that the egg appeared to be fine from Taimi, but no actual developments, anyway.

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

Living World 3- Spoilers

in Living World

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

Speculation on the significance of Taimi incubating the chak organ?

Wild theory here, but the chak organ isn’t being affected by the blighting pod liquid, which leads me to believe it can’t be. (Yes it’s just an organ, but still.. why so much focus on that if it meant nothing?)

Did Taimi discover that the chak are actually minions of Primordus while we were off in Bloodstone? Is that how she came to the realization that Primordus has “reemerged?”

And is that final statement about Primordus a hint or just a red herring?

Thoughts?

We have Brann wandering off in the mountains and foreshadowing of Jormag, Primordus activity, and the already existing hints at a direction towards Kralk?

Why are we getting so many directions towards these three dragons? Is it a plot device to keep people guessing?

This is a crazy theory, but it seems strange that we have all of these events relating to the known elder dragons that are left, but nothing is going on with the deep sea dragon? I’m still wondering if all of these aren’t just events to keep the element of surprise for our next dragon target to be the deep sea dragon. Nobody expects it because it seems to be intentionally kept out of the story. (Is this the dev’s not including it because they haven’t really put that much thought into the deep sea dragon, or have they and this is their way of keeping it a surprise?)

Living World 3- Spoilers

in Living World

Posted by: Mithrilos.8036

Mithrilos.8036

Okey go hardcore, 3 Dragons in the same time ! hop hop hop !

ps : So that Lazarus guy is the big bad ? i guess all Gw1 vet are saying things like :" oh you’re back ? well brings back my old sword and here we go…again !"

you all must feel nostalgic no ?

Oh and i can’t wait to face Primordius of course ! even if my fav one is Kralkatorrik ( as a Charr its obvious i guess ).

Mithrilos Wildwill[SNIP] – You know that Charr sniper from Vizunah…

(edited by Mithrilos.8036)

Living World 3- Spoilers

in Living World

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

The chak are insects. Primordus’ minions are much more brimstone-y. If they were his, they wouldn’t burn so easily. Mordremoth is dead. Anything tied to his will doesn’t really work so well anymore, especially being cut away from it’s original, biological source of the blighting pods/trees. She explains that it does something to the magical energy output, though she is currently unsure at the moment, as she doesn’t have anything to measure it. I wouldn’t be surprised if the chak organs does something to permanently strip magic from the world, or at least dilute it.

In HoT, she explains the Novans were particularly interested in studying Primordus. After GW:EN, it is understandable that this dragon would be their primary focus. It would make sense for them to have something that could track the beast inside their lab.

Braham was just blowing off steam and the death of his mother still has him furious and used it as a means to a somewhat decent end. The massive amounts of displaced magic energy has caused the other Elder Dragons and their minions to grow more powerful, which was the point of stating this. After Zhaitan’s death, we learned that the magic energy doesn’t leave the world with them; It disperses back into the world to be reclaimed.

The original purpose of the bloodstones was to soak up all excessive magic in the world, but there is/was not enough materials to create more. We can only hope Glint’s Offspring can handle the excessive load.

Speculation on the significance of Taimi incubating the chak organ?

Wild theory here, but the chak organ isn’t being affected by the blighting pod liquid, which leads me to believe it can’t be. (Yes it’s just an organ, but still.. why so much focus on that if it meant nothing?)

Did Taimi discover that the chak are actually minions of Primordus while we were off in Bloodstone? Is that how she came to the realization that Primordus has “reemerged?”

And is that final statement about Primordus a hint or just a red herring?

Thoughts?

We have Brann wandering off in the mountains and foreshadowing of Jormag, Primordus activity, and the already existing hints at a direction towards Kralk?

Why are we getting so many directions towards these three dragons? Is it a plot device to keep people guessing?

This is a crazy theory, but it seems strange that we have all of these events relating to the known elder dragons that are left, but nothing is going on with the deep sea dragon? I’m still wondering if all of these aren’t just events to keep the element of surprise for our next dragon target to be the deep sea dragon. Nobody expects it because it seems to be intentionally kept out of the story. (Is this the dev’s not including it because they haven’t really put that much thought into the deep sea dragon, or have they and this is their way of keeping it a surprise?)

Edit: Lazarus did appear to have made his followers blow up the bloodstone. But he doesn’t seem to care about any of the mortal races. He said he had plans for something more noble, whatever the hell that is. Could he have had it destroyed so he could use the magic to try and take on one of the dragons himself? He thinks himself a god and he cannot claim the world on his own with all the dragons floating around.

ps : So that Lazarus guy is the big bad ? i guess all Gw1 vet are saying things like :" oh you’re back ? well brings back my old sword and here we go…again !"

Oh and i can’t wait to face Primordius of course ! even if my fav one is Kralkatorrik ( as a Charr its obvious i guess ).

(edited by Zeivu.3615)

Living World 3- Spoilers

in Living World

Posted by: Mithrilos.8036

Mithrilos.8036

snip

Edit: Lazarus did appear to have made his followers blow up the bloodstone. But he doesn’t seem to care about any of the mortal races. He said he had plans for something more noble, whatever the hell that is. Could he have had it destroyed so he could use the magic to try and take on one of the dragons himself? He thinks himself a god and he cannot claim the world on his own with all the dragons floating around.

I remember something very interessting : i’m playing a Charr (as i said before)

and my character said something like : “wow wow White mantle killed my ancestors”.

And i’ve just learn that mursaat helped too !…

Avenge !

Edit : my Charr is wearing The Flameseeker’s prophecies, rofl guess it brings back bad memories for Lazarus ah ah…

Mithrilos Wildwill[SNIP] – You know that Charr sniper from Vizunah…

(edited by Mithrilos.8036)

Living World 3- Spoilers

in Living World

Posted by: Eulolia.2467

Eulolia.2467

Didn’t seem like we hung up, or that it was mid-conversation. Taimi said what was needed. Primordus is now active.

Either mine bugged out or it was really just that.

“Primordus is now active”

Er.. how.. what..why.. argh? Why would the player character just hang up and say nothing? It was such a weird abrupt ending.

I thought the mordremoth reveal was badly handled with Marjory just casually mentioning mordremoth for the first time like you’re meant to have known all along, but this may have been even worse.

I thought there was a general clunkiness to the endings of most of the story instances, actually. Especially the “we’re deep underground in rata novus okay airship bye” one.

Subscribe for exciting guild wars 2 videos! https://www.youtube.com/user/eulololia/

Living World 3- Spoilers

in Living World

Posted by: Rockin Twilight Sparkle.2615

Rockin Twilight Sparkle.2615

Well
How much needs to be said after ‘Primordus is active’
Like, talking with Canach and Rytlock and Marjory is almost enough to off-set the scene by itself

Primordus ain’t the dragon I wanted to go after next, but the realization that he’s active and the implication it’s because of the magic that was released by Mordy biting the dust, that maybe killing dragons can be a super awful idea?
It’s a wham moment.

Or something like that

Bring. Back. Monthlies.

Living World 3- Spoilers

in Living World

Posted by: hardy.7469

hardy.7469

Would you prefer to be stuck behind a desk, and never allowed to explore and be on the front lines again? If so, I’m sorry you can’t see the bureaucratic side of Tyria.

That would be hilarious. GW2 Desk Edition.
I mean they could just rip off that stupid feature in WoW where you send people on missions effectively taking the MMO out of the MMO. lol

Living World 3- Spoilers

in Living World

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

It was cheap and cheesy. Because the player-character is the hero of tyria and if the player-character would become Pact Commander he/she could have made it possible with his/her influence to not be stuck behind a desk.

But A-Net wanted DE 3.0. I like the name the child called it.

Living World 3- Spoilers

in Living World

Arden.7480

Really… nothing about Glint’s Egg? I thought that this is priority for ANet in the first epizode- Out of the Shadows…

I expected Lazarus after Xera’ words but nothing about Tarir, Exalted and Egg surprised me.

Ok. 3 Fights with 3 dragons together mean troubles.

Oh and new war in Kryta…. Troubles Troubles Troubles!!!

Bubbles will have great power after 3 Dragons’s death…

But we have to kill them first

Thank You all for posts!
See You in Game!

(edited by Arden.7480)

Living World 3- Spoilers

in Living World

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I thought Primordus has been active for a couple hundred years now. If not, who’s been killing off the dwarfs?

Are the chak minions, proto-dragons, or something else? Their ability to change magic is interesting.

Living World 3- Spoilers

in Living World

Arden.7480

Who is the voice actor for Lazarus?

Wow I expected that he will return but I cannot believe that this is true

Living World 3- Spoilers

in Living World

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Am I the only one who found the reveal of primordus being active to be completely out of place and just… weird and unfitting? Especially with it just ending right after that

Living World 3- Spoilers

in Living World

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

I thought Primordus has been active for a couple hundred years now. If not, who’s been killing off the dwarfs?

Are the chak minions, proto-dragons, or something else? Their ability to change magic is interesting.

Primordus has been contained to the underground by the Dwarves, but I suspect the reasoning that’s going to be given is that the ley-line overload caused by Mordy’s death has given Primordy the power to make real headway against the Dwarves now.

A good example: Jormag is awake, but not really doing much other than building power for itself, same as Kralk. Primordy was awake but not showing as active to the surface races because the dwarves had been keeping its minions under wraps and/or Primordy didn’t make a huge effort. Now that there’s so much magic released to the world and available for it to grab, it’s pushing for it rather than passively aggregating the magic.

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

Living World 3- Spoilers

in Living World

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

Am I the only one who found the reveal of primordus being active to be completely out of place and just… weird and unfitting? Especially with it just ending right after that

I don’t think its out of place when you consider Kralk and Jormag. Primordus was the first ED to wake up, but he’s been content with doing what Zhaitan, Kralk, and Jor had been up to now: aggregating magical power and letting his minions slowly expand rather than full-on attacking.

In this case, Primordus is in the position to do 2 things: 1st, since he’s been awake the longest his forces are likely large enough to make a full-on assault and tople the remaining dwarves in order to expand to the surface. 2nd, as a follow-up to the first point, he is in the position to take the most advantage of the massive amounts of magic that was released upon Mordy’s death.

It does look unrelated, you’re right, but considering the circumstances outside the LS makes it pretty clear why Primordus is the one that’s stepping up.

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

Living World 3- Spoilers

in Living World

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

It was cheap and cheesy. Because the player-character is the hero of tyria and if the player-character would become Pact Commander he/she could have made it possible with his/her influence to not be stuck behind a desk.

But A-Net wanted DE 3.0. I like the name the child called it.

Thing is. Asking the Leader of an Organisation to be in a Safe Office and not going out on an Adventure is more than reasonable. For an Organisation to be stable and trusted the Position of the Leader needs to have a very small mortality Rate, especially with an Organisation that got a serious Blow from Mordremoth. Trahearne is dead and many People thinks that he is at fault because he went out there and the Pact Supporters want to make sure that this Mistake wouldn’t be repeated

Lore Wise, as a Supporter of the Pact, would you really allow their Leader to Gallivant around the world and going into the most dangerous Zones of Tyria because he feels like it?

Living World 3- Spoilers

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

A few things:

1. Seems like they are setting up the chak as an alternative to killing the dragons. I think we’ve established at this point that killing the dragons is a bad idea. The chak “transform” the ley line magic, into a form I assume will be more useful to us and less useful to the dragons, thus putting them in permanent hibernation.

2. It also looks like Lazarus is going to fight the dragons, or at least get involved somehow. He has a “noble” purpose now and is no longer interested in the mortal races. I suppose it could also tie into the 6 human gods somehow as well.

A side note is that Lazarus unlocked all the magic in the bloodstone and contains it in a much more raw form in himself now. This will make him a HUGE target for the dragons as they are drawn to sources of magic and I think he is now 3 dragons worth of magic.

3. Cadeuous just doesn’t seem very important anymore, I hope they don’t linger on him too much. Canach will almost certainly join us full time soon, he is a much better character than treeham.

4. I feel like kassmeer hasn’t been in the story in like 2 years? Is she still alive? Did she die from that poison thing? Not a very memorable character, if she is still around they need to do something with her.

5. Primordious will be interesting. I hope we learn about what happened to the dwarfs. It looks like asura will get the spotlight this season which will be a nice change from the slyvari centric story so far.

Living World 3- Spoilers

in Living World

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

A few things:

2. It also looks like Lazarus is going to fight the dragons, or at least get involved somehow. He has a “noble” purpose now and is no longer interested in the mortal races. I suppose it could also tie into the 6 human gods somehow as well.

A side note is that Lazarus unlocked all the magic in the bloodstone and contains it in a much more raw form in himself now. This will make him a HUGE target for the dragons as they are drawn to sources of magic and I think he is now 3 dragons worth of magic.

The impression I got from reading the diaries is that Lazarus’ virtuous ambition is to rid the world of non-believers.