Living World Season 2 Complete Pack

in Living World

Posted by: sparklybeast.4956

sparklybeast.4956

I’m wanting to buy this as I was on a three year GW2 hiatus when it came out so haven’t played it and don’t want to immediately skip to HoT without playing the intervening storyline.

However, it says The Dragon’s Reach: Part 2 isn’t included in the bundle. So how do I go about playing that part of the storyline? Can it be purchased? Can I play it for free? And if neither of those is the case, does not having access to it block progress to the later episodes? I don’t want to buy this only to be able to play up to a certain point and no further.

Thanks anyone who can help.

in Living World

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

Individual chapters unlocked for free if you logged in within a few weeks of their release, so you may already have it unlocked.

in Living World

Posted by: sparklybeast.4956

sparklybeast.4956

I quit playing in January 2013 and only started playing again December 2015, so I well & truly missed it!

in Living World

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

Still, it’s worth double checking your story journal, because already having it unlocked is the only reason the bundle should exclude it.

in Living World

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

And if you already have it then the price for the bundle will have a discount on it for you already have a part of it.

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

As to your other concern, you won’t be blocked. You can activate any chapter in any order, though I would assume you’d prefer to play the story in sequence.

If that chapter is not unlocked for you, take screens to show that it isn’t, as well as to show that the gem store claims you won’t get it, and submit that to Support so they can make sure you can get at all the content.

in Living World

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Honestly its really painful difficulty wise, at least solo, its like torture.

in Living World

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

It’s not that bad. Some parts might take a few tries and some of the challenges are quite difficult but it’s not that bad.

in Living World

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

It’s not that bad. Some parts might take a few tries and some of the challenges are quite difficult but it’s not that bad.

I had sore hands, arms and headaches after many parts, i was angry, upset and just wanted to log out..

A game should not illicit those emotions from their customers..

(edited by Dante.1508)

in Living World

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I had sore hands, arms and headaches after many parts, i was angry, upset and just wanted to log out..

A game should not illicit those emotions from their customers..

All the best games do. Games that provide no challenges bore the users quickly and soon die off.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Living World

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I’m gonna go ahead and say it:

LS2 should be included with HoT

The pay-per-episode system made sense in the old free update financial model, and it still makes sense to sell to free players who may be on the fence about forking over for the full game and want to just get their toes wet with a cheaper content purchase.

However, the entire reason they gave for making the core game free to play was so that new players could easily get in to the experience by just buying the game. LS2 is a massive part of the storyline, just as important to it as the core personal story. It should be included with HoT based on Anet’s own logic.

Sure, start selling LS3 episodes on that model until the next expansion (free during release, small gem cost to unlock if you didn’t log in during release) but the same should apply. When the next expansion releases and HoT becomes free as well, LS3 should at that point also become free with purchase of the expansion so new/lapsed players at the point can seamlessly experience the story at the point of purchase in stead of being nickel and dimed just to understand what’s happening in the game they just bought.

if they keep charging for old LS episodes, the barrier to entry four or five expansions from now could easily exceed the cost of core+HoT for new players, doing exactly what they’re trying to avoid and creating an unreasonable cost barrier for new player to experience multiple years of existing content and acquire the unique rewards it offers.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

(edited by PopeUrban.2578)

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I was surprised that it wasn’t included with HoT. Unlike at the end of season one, when there was a lull, there’s wasn’t after season two. HoT picked up immediately where season two left off. This leaves new players in the dark as to how we got to where we were when HoT began.

I don’t believe I saw this mentioned in the thread but the living story episodes can be experienced by anyone so long as they play it with someone that has access and that they start the instance.