[X] Have a Life
[ ] Have no Manual Dexterity

You Think Living World is too:

[ ] Hard
[X] Time Consuming
[X] Temporary
[ ] Full of Jumping Puzzles
[X] Every 2 weeks is too much to handle
[X] (added) Too focused on rewards and not focused enough on story.

You are Currently Threatening to:

[X] Quit
[ ] Uninstall
[ ] Kick Colins’ Dog
[X] Tell the Internet That You are Upset

To put it very simply, the Living Story is making me not want to play this game anymore. The writing is disjointed, has no direction, and is centered around a villain we didn’t even mew need or want. What happened to the Elder Dragons? They all go on vacation? Or did Scarlet secretly mind-mew them into the abyss?

What the mew is Scarlet up to? All we ever get is “she did this, she did that!” I ask, “well why?” The game responds “LOOK, SHINIES!!” STOP IT. I’m tired of grinding achievements for rewards I never use, just tell me what’s going on. When I first bought the game it was because I felt it had a good story to tell. Well, that’s done now. The Personal Story is over for me, I know how things end, and I’m still waiting for the continuation that the Living Story is supposed to be. Flame and Frost started things off well, but ever since it’s tumbled downhill and is ready to crash and burn.

Seriously, ArenaNet may have said that there is still about 4 months left in the Scarlet arc, but I strongly urge them to reduce that timeframe and accelerate the conclusion of this arc preferably to the end of this year. Players are sick of being dragged by the ear from place to place (including myself) for a small instanced event and a week of mind-numbing achievement hunting in the name of some silly Harley-Quinn reject who insists she’s more powerful than FIVE ALL-POWERFUL DRAGONS. It’s time to rethink the Living World, what we have now is not working.

With that, I fulfill my threat to tell the internet I am upset.

(edited by Thomas Kaira.7863)

Living World makes me sad

in Living World

Posted by: Sheobix.8796

Sheobix.8796

Please check all that apply.
You are:
[ ] Married
[X] Have Girlfriend
[X] Employed
[ ] Have Pets
[ ] Have Children
[X] Are an Adult
[X] Have a Life
[ ] Hard
[X] Time Consuming
[X] Temporary
[X] Quit
[X] Uninstall
[ ] Kick Colins’ Dog
[X] Play Runescape— This is so bad!

in Living World

Posted by: jsduke.6537

jsduke.6537

I like the living world system as it is now. Maybe extend the time frame of temporary content a bit so that people have a larger window to experience/complete it before it goes away.

But please do let it go away.

Temporary content is part of a Living World. Things change. New things come, and old things go. That’s what it means to play in a Living World and I think it’s awesome.

You might miss out on some content sometimes. Big deal. There’s more new content coming all the time.

in Living World

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

[ X] Married
[ ] Have Girlfriend
[X] Employed
[X] Have Pets
[X] Have Children
[X] Are an Adult
[X] Have a Life

[ ] Hard
[X] Time Consuming
[X] Temporary
[X] Full of Jumping Puzzles

[ ] Quit
[ ] Uninstall
[ ] Kick Colins’ Dog
[ ] Tell the Internet That You are Upset
[X] Stop buying gems
[X] Immediately quit and start playing ESO the moment it is released

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

in Living World

Posted by: Urza.5430

Urza.5430

I can empathize with having a busy life and not always being able to fit my gaming schedule in between work, home life, and social commitments. Your comments are not lost on us.

We’re exploring some ideas for the future, including a system that would allow certain bits of Living World content to be accessed independent of the release. Plans and designs have not been solidified yet, so I want to temper your expectations. But if you have any opinions on the matter feel free to let us know. We’re already looking at ways to leave some LW content behind to evolve Tyria and improve the game. This would be one element of it, should we decide to build such a feature.

i got some crazy idea : make them in fractals! its basicly a matrix made by asuras so? why not ? make them invent the tyrian time machine to relive the moments from the past and problem solved. i know its cheesy but dragons are too and zombies and zombie dragons so ? why not?

in Living World

Posted by: ophidic.1279

ophidic.1279

I enjoy playing Guild Wars 2 still but I unfortunately have a job that requires sometimes 50-60 hours a week plus having a wife and a puppy limits the time I have to be playing on the computer.

Living world introduces a large amount of content without requiring an expansion which is great. The only problem I have with it is I have very little time to complete the living world content. After the time gate passes there is no way for me to experience this content.

I would love it if instead of releasing new temporary content that once a month or every other month permanent content came out. It is nerve racking to not be able to enjoy the game the way I want to because when I do get time to play the Living World takes priority because it won’t be there for long.

Many may say well just don’t play the Living World content but with the benefits of playing being so significant (Mining node in home instance) I have to try and get it done before being able to do anything else.

Please add permanent content that also has benefits such as the mining node in the home instance periodically as well.

Thanks

My problems exactly.

Elyl Jrend

in Living World

Posted by: ophidic.1279

ophidic.1279

I can empathize with having a busy life and not always being able to fit my gaming schedule in between work, home life, and social commitments. Your comments are not lost on us.

We’re exploring some ideas for the future, including a system that would allow certain bits of Living World content to be accessed independent of the release. Plans and designs have not been solidified yet, so I want to temper your expectations. But if you have any opinions on the matter feel free to let us know. We’re already looking at ways to leave some LW content behind to evolve Tyria and improve the game. This would be one element of it, should we decide to build such a feature.

That’s good to hear.

I hope you’ll pardon my recent Crown Pavilion post, but I was getting really frustrated that I can’t just go back and get more weapon skins.

Some things make sense when they go away, but that one in particular, should be a permanent fixture. I mean they’re not gonna fix a giant hole in the city and add a fancy new district just to close it all up after a week.

I don’t even care so much about the achievements I missed, I just want to go back and do something I found fun, because it’ll be even more fun when I don’t have a timer over my head.

Elyl Jrend

in Living World

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

Don’t let this thread die, its living story that needs to die if it continue being temporary contents only.

2 weeks of temporary content,play it or miss it forever is not a good idea.
It seems arenanet is trying to be different for the sake of being different.
Living story should be permanent so that even if u miss 2 months of content,you can take ur time to clear it and catch up with the rest of the players.
Taking that into consideration,make the living story non-zergy so that 2 months later when not much ppl is doing it,it can still be completed by small groups.

in Living World

Posted by: Sai Ree.5960

Sai Ree.5960

I used to get upset about the speedgrind of Living Story, until I realized that I could also play the game in a way that I like it. Meaning: I don’t HAVE to play it to have fun.
So I do like the Living Story concept, but now I hardly play it and hardly follow the story. It’s just like in real life: tsunamis and wars that I see on tv and I go ‘ouch’ but unless you’ve BEEN there you don’t really connect to it, because you don’t, ahum, LIVE it.
I still do go check out what the stories are about. I don’t grind anything of it, I just play it once or twice and pick up a bit of the developing lore, and if it gets me achievement points, kewl – but I don’t feel the need to grind for anything, unless I’d really want that skin, but in general I feel my characters look fine the way they are. Achievement points are not what I play a game for. And you can only get upset by stuff if you let yourself being driven by the need to have stuff, and not just fun.

I would like to know though why there are so many finished portals now in LA’s portal construction site.

in Living World

jsduke.6537

Don’t let this thread die, its living story that needs to die if it continue being temporary contents only.

Living story should be permanent so that even if u miss 2 months of content,you can take ur time to clear it and catch up with the rest of the players.
Taking that into consideration,make the living story non-zergy so that 2 months later when not much ppl is doing it,it can still be completed by small groups.

No. No thank you. Not for me.

Living World is awesome. The world happens with or without you. That’s what it means to play in a Living World. You might miss some stuff sometimes. Big deal. There’s new stuff coming out all the time.

I like the temporary content.
I like that Living Story is not permanent.
I like what ANet is doing I hope they continue to develop the game just as they have been.

in Living World

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

No. No thank you. Not for me.

Living World is awesome. The world happens with or without you. That’s what it means to play in a Living World. You might miss some stuff sometimes. Big deal. There’s new stuff coming out all the time.

I like the temporary content.
I like that Living Story is not permanent.
I like what ANet is doing I hope they continue to develop the game just as they have been.

I don’t mind temp content, but I missed out on some LS content and now, even though I’m participating, I feel like I don’t really know what’s going on. I don’t know any of these NPCs that evidently know me—Rox, Braham, Marjory, and Kasmeer—and I don’t understand the references that are being made to previous LS content.

It’s all well and good that I’ve missed some chapters and the content therein, but I should be able to find out in-game what exactly it was that I missed and how it affected the story as a whole.

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!

in Living World

jsduke.6537

I don’t mind temp content, but I missed out on some LS content and now, even though I’m participating, I feel like I don’t really know what’s going on. I don’t know any of these NPCs that evidently know me—Rox, Braham, Marjory, and Kasmeer—and I don’t understand the references that are being made to previous LS content.

It’s all well and good that I’ve missed some chapters and the content therein, but I should be able to find out in-game what exactly it was that I missed and how it affected the story as a whole.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I think most of the reason for that, though, falls to poor storytelling rather than any design flaw in the LW. I think they’ve got a good grip on the mechanics of the LW approach, but they really need to work on their presentation and storytelling technique.

in Living World

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

Please define "have a life "

Do we mean…. hv a life ingame ? :p

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

in Living World

Posted by: mage.3570

mage.3570

[ ] Married
[X ] Have Girlfriend
[X] Employed
[] Have Pets
[] Have Children
[X] Are an Adult
[X] Have a Life

[ ] Hard
[ ] Time Consuming
[X] Temporary

[X ] Quit
[ ] Uninstall
[ ] Kick Colins’ Dog
[X] Stop buying gems
[ ] Immediately quit and start playing ESO the moment it is released

Please, stop the Living Fail.

Been there, done that. What’s next?

in Living World

Posted by: masterJP.5048

masterJP.5048

[/quote] Am I the only one who’s happy with Living World? [/quote]

Nope I like it to ! :-)

Lordy Green , THE Elementalist
Angela Sky , THE Guardian
Orochimarei , THE Necromancer

in Living World

Posted by: dajaxx.7609

dajaxx.7609

You are:

[ ] Married
[ X ] Have Girlfriend
[ X ] Employed
[ X ] Have Pets
[ ] Have Children
[ X ] Are an Adult
[ ] Have a Life

[ ] Hard
[ ] Time Consuming
[ X ] Temporary

[ X ] Quit
[ X ] Uninstall
[ ] Kick Colins’ Dog

in Living World

Posted by: Ludovicus.7980

Ludovicus.7980

You are:
[ ] Married
[ X ] Have Girlfriend
[ X ] Employed
[ ] Have Pets
[ ] Have Children
[ X ] Are an Adult
[ X ] Have a Life
[ ] Hard
[ ] Time Consuming
[ X ] Temporary
[ ] Quit
[ ] Uninstall
[ ] Kick Colins’ Dog
[ X ] Tell the Internet That You are Upset
[ X ] Stop buying gems
[ ] Immediately quit and start playing Wild Star the moment it is released

The glory of my ancestors shall be restored.

in Living World

Posted by: Sarlyan.7450

Sarlyan.7450

[ ] Married
[ ] Have Girlfriend
[X] Employed
[ ] Have Pets
[ ] Have Children
[X] Are an Adult
[ ] Have a Life

[ ] Hard
[ ] Time Consuming
[ ] Temporary
[ ] Every 2 weeks is too much to handle

[X] Quit
[ ] Uninstall
[ ] Kick Colins’ Dog

Right now I feel that the “living world” isn’t stimulating enough with rewards or story, in particular Scarlet. I enjoy getting shiny armour and fancy weapons, but nothing that’s released really seems to fit my Charr. I don’t particularly care for Scarlet as her character and it felt as if she came in out of nowhere. I prefer my baddies with a bit more personality and flavour.

As for content, big world bosses are much more fun than delving into instances. I want to be part of a huge group of people taking down a threat, much like a community should.