Living story map markers &/or quest logs

in Living World

Posted by: ophidic.1279

ophidic.1279

So like a week or so ago, I did some living story stuff, 2 meetings and some instance with some charr. I came back to it and was having trouble since the one map marker I have in wayfarer foothills is telling me to go into an instance where the doors are closed.

AFTER like an hour of piddling around and looking at stuff talking to a bunch of useless NPCS, a guildie tells me there is a second meeting with that norn guy. There was no map markers or anything unless you were in the same map as the markers.

I’m just observing that these pretty forgettable npcs are doling out some pretty forgettable quests, and without a proper quest log, it can be difficult finishing or even mustering up the care to bother trying to finish these types of things.

I can go back to Guild Wars 1 right now and pick up quests I’ve taken over three years ago and know exactly what to do and who to speak to, and it took me a like a week to forget current quests, with only an achievement I was not aware of and a pile of scattered NPCs with vague dialog to assist me

Plus the 2nd meeting I was supposed to go see was in hoelbrak. I mean, who even goes there unless you’re a norn at the beginning of the game? There was no way I would have seen that meeting if my guildmate didn’t tell me about it.

TL;DR: Proper Quest log plz.

Elyl Jrend

(edited by ophidic.1279)

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

/wiki Flame and Frost
Type that in chat and it will give you access to the wiki-page about the event.

The most important part in your case is the entry about Heralds, which will tell you what is going on.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

ophidic.1279

I don’t have many complaints with this game, but when I do it usually involves either a jumping puzzle, or some kind of “story” where I have to do something silly that isn’t killing mobs and farming mats.

The stories are way less interesting than guild wars 1 and I just want to get them over with so I can get whatever loot is offered, and move on.

Elyl Jrend

in Living World

ophidic.1279

/wiki Flame and Frost

The most important part in your case is the entry about Heralds, which will tell you what is going on.

Oh god yes the heralds.

See that would cut it in say Morrowind. In an MMORPG, what I want to hear is: “go to X, talk to Y, kill Z.”

Elyl Jrend

in Living World

ophidic.1279

/wiki Flame and Frost

Although, if I just did all the bits in one night instead of leaving and coming back, I probably would have figured it out faster.

Elyl Jrend

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Oh god yes the heralds.

See that would cut it in say Morrowind. In an MMORPG, what I want to hear is: “go to X, talk to Y, kill Z.”

And yet quite a few people prefer to figure out stuff themselves without the game server everything on a silver platter.
If you want to get exact directions there are several guides out on the internet that tells you exactly where to go and such.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

ophidic.1279

Oh god yes the heralds.

And yet quite a few people prefer to figure out stuff themselves without the game server everything on a silver platter.
If you want to get exact directions there are several guides out on the internet that tells you exactly where to go and such.

Except it’s not on a silver platter because the challenge should be the actual content… not finding where it is located.

Also… some people don’t have time to run around taking in minute detail of these things. I haven’t watched one minute of story since I started playing gw2. Not only do I not have time for it, it’s not nearly as captivating as it was in the last game, IMO.

Yes a guide usually helps, but in this case I was unaware I had not completed a prerequisite so it wasn’t helping at all.

Elyl Jrend

(edited by ophidic.1279)

in Living World

ophidic.1279

Well. I say challenge, but I really mean “the thing you have to do” since the instance is no trouble at all.

Elyl Jrend