Mad King says: "New Halloween!"

in Living World

Posted by: Wolf Fivousix.4319

Wolf Fivousix.4319

Dear developers,

Blood and Madness (Halloween 2013) was a great event, I had plenty of fun, thank you for it! I just would like to officially express my disappointment in having the same content pushed over WITHOUT anything new.

Like I said, I liked the event very much the first time it came with it’s flaw’s and all! Although I would love to be able to play it again every Halloween, I would love BETTER to have a NEW Halloween and, to be honest, I was expecting to be part of a new Mad Joke, not a bad joke. I would be ok with just 2 stories as short as the Blood Prince, as long as this festivity was used to tell me more about one of my favorite character, Mad King! I’m sure the great talents that Arena Net have incorporated in it’s long history are able to provide something exciting and new while keeping some classic stuff present, like the Mad Clock Tower (another personal favorite).

If you agree with me and would like to see new content every festivity, please leave your support here.
Thank you!

// Dragonbrand
Wolf Fivousix – Elementalist
Black Wolf Trading Tool

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

No. I prefer that they work on other parts of the game rather than festivals. Especially since they made it rather clear that festivals will be more or less the same year after year.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: andreic.4679

andreic.4679

Well i wod love to see new story but they are preparing something big for second part of s2.So i am satisfied wit lest year halloween

Vorpp: Who let this creature out of its cage? Someone’s fired!

in Living World

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

No. I prefer that they work on other parts of the game rather than festivals. Especially since they made it rather clear that festivals will be more or less the same year after year.

My thoughts exactly! I’m pretty sure I’m one of the few who didn’t complain at all when the devs said they would copy&paste last year’s halloween (my computer couldn’t handle games, but for now it works fine I guess). Also think about it: by simply copy&pasting they worked nonstop on LS AND we are getting a new area. To me Dry Top is a neat place and having it expand is a great step up IMO.

in Living World

Posted by: moketo.7156

moketo.7156

I am also not satisfied with the repetition of content. I’m in favor each festival is different every year.

Mylazinha

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Not at the expense of dev time being pulled away from the main game. I am usually quite happy withe repetition at Halloween and Christmas. At most maybe a small update with maybe an addition to the story instance or the return of some of the 2012 bits for 2 weeks, new rewards would suffice for me.

Thoroughly enjoyed this year’s by the way – the perfect tonic for a stressful part of the year

in Living World

Posted by: katubug.6378

katubug.6378

I would love new content every halloween, because I agree, I think Mad King is a great character! I’d also like to finally take down Tixx on Wintersday for turning all those skritt into toys (you know it’s true! illuminati!).

I think that ArenaNet needs to hire enough people to cover living story AND consistent content AND festivals, imo. I am sure they have their reasons for not doing so, but in an ideal worlds, that would be the case. No one can get truly excited for entirely recycled content.

In the meantime, I am happy with what I have.

in Living World

Posted by: Goddess Lexy.7148

Goddess Lexy.7148

I agree with what you said. If the intention was to just leave the event to repeat every year, then they never should have changed it from the first Halloween event. By giving new content and a new story the second year, there should have been a new story/content this year.

OR

Just give us a new holiday hat every year at least! I mean… the same mask? That is a HUGE disappointment. I get there is a lot going on with the game, but even in GW1 we got a new hat for every holiday! Sadly, I am growing more and more disappointed with the game

in Living World

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

I don’t mind, but then again I skipped last years events in favor of another game. I just thought that they were re-doing this years events for China?

in Living World

Posted by: Thanatos.2691

Thanatos.2691

Usually I’d say that I’d like to see new content put out for festivals and events, however this year has been so excruciatingly dry in terms of new content (in my opinion) that I’d prefer less time spent on holidays and more time going into the development of legitimate good material. I hope they’ve been putting their effort into an expansion or at least the Living Story content 300% better than it has been so far. I was planning on quitting not so long ago, but the introduction of the mordrem was enough to keep me interested for a little while longer. If they can produce good content to make up for this stagnant year, I can easily forgive them for reusing old content for festivals.

Golden shackles are still golden.

in Living World

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

I would like to say that they created a new way to hand out items through a raffle which we might see repeated for holiday events so it wasn’t an exact copy and paste also they probably wanted to get everyone on the same page with the china release event wise

in Living World

Posted by: Wolf Fivousix.4319

Wolf Fivousix.4319

Hi guys, I would like to clarify the reasons behind the idea, as I didn’t want to make the first post long, but I feel they are needed to be known with more clarity.

Guild Wars 2 is supposed to NOT be the same MMO as the others;
Guild Wars 2 is supposed to be dynamic;
Guild Wars 2 world is supposed to be a “living and breathing story”;
Arena Net has over 350 exceptional professionals today;
And Halloween (as Christmas and other seasonal events) come only once a year. (Where was Dragon bash?)

Where, in this two years of journey, did we lost the principles? Did the Living Story is all that is to change the world? Are we NOT supposed to get excited about the festivities in the game as we do in real life, just because it’s not physically real?

What I pledge for is not a overhaul of the festival contents every year, this would be insane! What I do expect from Arena Net is to make Guild Wars 2 unlike others MMO’s that just throw up used content over and over so they can grind their employees to make more money in other contents.

As an active player in the game and in the community I wish the best to my favorite game, and as a game developer I know that is hard to make new content, but not THAT hard. All I wish for, as many unheard voices all around, is that they do treat the special events in game with the care and attention of the word special, and make it memorable somehow! Otherwise GW2 will just be another MMO that repeats it’s contents over and over every year, and that is nothing special for us, the players, to care about such occasions.

// Dragonbrand
Wolf Fivousix – Elementalist
Black Wolf Trading Tool