Magic Rift Issue

Magic Rift Issue

in Living World

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

We have temporarily disabled the out-of-body experience that can occur with Magic Rifts while we address issues that have arisen with it.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Magic Rift Issue

in Living World

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

Hopefully it isn’t that we can attack the anomaly players, that’s a nice little touch

Magic Rift Issue

in Living World

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

I wonder what the issues are. Is the fact that we’re hostile an unintended thing?
Or is there some kind of exploit that can be used? In which case, I understand if we don’t get any specific details.

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

Magic Rift Issue

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Darn, I never even figured out how to go out-of-body. Not sure I even can now once it’s unlocked again since I completed Burden of Choice.

Magic Rift Issue

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Completing Burden of Choice had no adverse effect on becoming an Anomaly. Thus, if it is enabled, again, you will still be able to do so.

Magic Rift Issue

in Living World

Posted by: Chocofox.9503

Chocofox.9503

Map exploration can be a little more annoying with the rifts as well. A few are on-top of vistas and with people opening the rifts you can be teleported to another map instead of getting the vista.

Magic Rift Issue

in Living World

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

And here I was just about to log in and try to figure the silly thing out…

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Magic Rift Issue

in Living World

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

The issue is probably that anomalies can kill some NPCs.

Map exploration can be a little more annoying with the rifts as well. A few are on-top of vistas and with people opening the rifts you can be teleported to another map instead of getting the vista.

Nothing happens if you walk through a rift, you have to jump to get teleported. So, don’t jump?

Magic Rift Issue

in Living World

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I wanted to follow up to let you know that this situation has been corrected, and your out-of-body experiences will now proceed as intended.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Magic Rift Issue

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Thanks for letting us know. Now I just have to figure out how to trigger said experience.

Magic Rift Issue

in Living World

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Thanks for letting us know. Now I just have to figure out how to trigger said experience.

Have someone tell jokes about the Rift’s mother? That always triggers me.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Magic Rift Issue

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

For me, it’s always been random. Just jumping near a Rift would cause the transformation (randomly, about once in 50 jumps?), holding a Class II Stabilizer set to a random coordinate (I used 9 and 7, but others used different coordinates).

Good luck.