Mai Trin & Rytlock

Mai Trin & Rytlock

in Living World

Posted by: griff.6034

griff.6034

Both Mai Trin and Rytlock are now in the Mists, though most probably in very different parts. Mai is supposedly on a mission for Scarlet, and Rytlock has its own quest. Is it possible for these two to stumble upon each other? What if Scarlet’s last order was a some sort of a plan before she completely lost her will to Mordremoth? A plan to help Tyria defeat him? Suppose Rytlock and Mai Trin meet, help each other and return to Tyria together (the Aetherblades certainly seem to have the means to return safely) with some ace in the sleeve. Wishful thinking, obviously, and probably unlikely, but with several NPCs having business in the Mists lately (don’t forget the strange case of Dessa in FotM) it just seems like too much of a coincidence.
What are your thoughts?

Mai Trin & Rytlock

in Living World

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

I hope Anet clears up the whole Mai Trin situation soon. I’ve heard rumors that she was in the Edge of the Mists, but I never saw any evidence of her when I’ve been on the map.

I’ve been wondering what really happened to her since the last part of Season 1:

—What really happend to Mai Trin after the Aetherblade broke her out of jail? Anet, give us the details please!
—If Mai Trin is alive, does she know that Scarlet died a few months ago?
— If she is alive, what is she doing now?

My biggest fear is finding out that this Aetherblade pirate was subjected to one of Scarlet’s unethical and immoral science experiments. Like all Engies in this game, Scarlet knew alot of about Alchemy, and I’ve always thought that she worked with the Toxic Alchemist to create the infamous Sylvari / Krait hybrid known as the Toxic Hybrid (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Champion_Toxic_Hybrid) It’s not very far-fetched idea either. It is possible that Scarlet subjected Mai Trin to surgery and change the human pirate to look exactly like her.

How I came up with this idea:

Near the end of the battle of LA, the Scarlet we fought says, “Tyria will bow to a new master.”

My first impression was “This doesn’t fit. Why would a selfish, domineering Sylvari even claim that she serves someone? That’s only fitting for lackeys and weak villains.”
During the EOTM update, Canach even confirmed Ceara was like a bully. Plus, he was born in the same generation as her. He remembered her before she became Scarlet Briar.

I even reviewed available lore online to check for any evidenced that Ceara would even serve someone. I didn’t see anything that was a tell-tale sign of Ceara changing her behavior to serve a stronger entity.

Plus, the Scarlet we fought in LA had electrical attacks that were similar to Mai Trin’s attacks in the Mai Trin fractal. The Scarlet we fought also had the Teleporting Shot ability that is one of Mai Trin’s signature attacks. You can look up Mai Trin’s attacks here: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mai_Trin

So what was Scarlet’s real attack style? She was a condition damage engie (aka Rabid Engie). My main was a Rabid Engie during between Nightmare Tower and the Battle of LA updates. I remember constantly removing conditions from myself and others when we fought her. Plus she and her machines were easy to slow down and destroy using condition attacks (like the Elixir gun).

After examining all this evidence, I reasoned that the Scarlet we fought in Battle of Lion’s Arch may not have been the real Scarlet.

FYI — I have another possible hypothesis about Scarlet in Battle of LA, but it doesn’t apply to this conversation.

Anyways… going back to Rytlock & Mai Trin. I don’t know if they will meet in Mists due to my thoughts on previous. updates. We will see what happens in future updates. Anything is possible

(edited by kta.6502)

Mai Trin & Rytlock

in Living World

Posted by: IncognitoP.1648

IncognitoP.1648

mai trin still exists?

Mai Trin & Rytlock

in Living World

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

mai trin still exists?

According to the wiki, Mai Trin is supposed to be alive. See: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mai_Trin

I’m not so sure. The info in the wiki sometimes is changed by fans. Unless I get confirmation about Trin’s status in-game, I’m just going to take the wiki info with a grain of salt.

Mai Trin & Rytlock

in Living World

Posted by: Dark Jericho.8609

Dark Jericho.8609

During the WvW spring tourney when I was doing the achievements in EOTM, in the center area of the map the zerg was clearing out some aetherblades, and then after they were all dead a hologram of Mai Trin popped in and I remember she said something like “I’m not just a captain here, I’m the governor.” then her hologram disappeared and I continued running with the zerg filling up those achievement points.

I always wondered if there was some type of extra stuff in that area during the EOTM LS release where Taimi and Braham were hanging out and you had to get parts for them or something, because I never actually went to the area where Mai popped up during the original EOTM release; closest I got to was underneath where the Scarlet Thumper thingies are.

Mai Trin & Rytlock

in Living World

Posted by: xXMapcoXx.9614

xXMapcoXx.9614

Both Mai Trin and Rytlock are now in the Mists, though most probably in very different parts. Mai is supposedly on a mission for Scarlet, and Rytlock has its own quest. Is it possible for these two to stumble upon each other? What if Scarlet’s last order was a some sort of a plan before she completely lost her will to Mordremoth? A plan to help Tyria defeat him? Suppose Rytlock and Mai Trin meet, help each other and return to Tyria together (the Aetherblades certainly seem to have the means to return safely) with some ace in the sleeve. Wishful thinking, obviously, and probably unlikely, but with several NPCs having business in the Mists lately (don’t forget the strange case of Dessa in FotM) it just seems like too much of a coincidence.
What are your thoughts?

So like here the way I see it. A person whos trying to help Tyria wouldn’t of murder and kill most of the people who live there. She caused the death of hundreds and you people think she was hatching a plan to help Tyria? What was she gonna be like ," Oh I know I murder, destroyed, and recked most of your lives, but It was all for the greater good." come on people.