Map design praise

Map design praise

in Living World

Posted by: martin.1653

martin.1653

Can we all just appreciate and praise the magnificent person who came up with this wonderful map design (+the instance map). Every now and then I just stop on some cliff overhanging the great abyss under me and stare at the distant parts of the map. There’s just so many nooks and crannies, secret tiny spots, awe-inspiring open areas, huge heights… It doesn’t feel cluttered with unnecessary interest points…
The map glorious. The map is massive. Instanced part (story) is also jaw-dropping. Get it? Dropping. Jaw… Heh, heh he.

Now, if only we could push the size just a little bit more. For example, make it triple the size of this map (in all directions).

f this map is indicator of stuff that’s upcoming then I think we’re headed in the right direction.

Map design praise

in Living World

Posted by: TheBandit.7031

TheBandit.7031

Maybe if you’re only thinking about the way it looks this map is better, but the maps for Episodes 3 and 4 were far more enjoyable and were absolutely fantastic. They both brought me back from a lack of activity. I had a great time playing on them. The episode 5 map severely lacks fun content.

Map design praise

in Living World

Posted by: Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mickey Frogeater.1470

The Ring of Fire Islands seem to be all Jungle in order to tie everything in to Heart of Thorns it seems…

What does everyone suspect the next Map to be?

I personally suspect the Sea of the Shiverpeaks to be the next one resolving the Branded once and for all and only leaving the area next to the Hall of Monuments to be the only Far Shiverpeaks area not appearing in the Branded storyline.

Map design praise

in Living World

Posted by: Darcwolf.6817

Darcwolf.6817

This map can diaf along with the junky they brought in off the street to design it, if I want to play a spiderman game I will go get on a freaking console!

Map design praise

in Living World

Posted by: Xstein.2187

Xstein.2187

I agree, I absolutely Love the new map. The new mastery is amazingly and all the masteries together make navigation on this map incredibly fun. I haven’t done all the achievements or even bosses on this map yet, so I don’t really know why you would think there is a lack of content on the map. Of course, a meta event would have made the map even better, but none of the living story have them, perhaps due to time constraints.

Lägertha Lothbrök: PvE Mesmer
Schrödingers Clone: PvP Mesmer

Map design praise

in Living World

Posted by: nsochoa.6589

nsochoa.6589

100%. Honestly it feels like ArenaNet turned the corner when that Colin dude left. I have no personal grudge against him, but the new content they been dropping on us has been A-1 quality stuff. Definitely worth money, and they give it to us for free! Thats great customer service.

Map design praise

in Living World

Posted by: JonnyForgotten.4276

JonnyForgotten.4276

From just a map design perspective, I think this is my favorite one in LW3. The other ones were fun, but it’s nice to see the devs get to play with vertical spaces again and just nail it. A truly beautiful map. It reminds me of some of the best bits of the Tangled Depths, but without the omfg maziness of it that made it hard to get into at first. Good work dev team. Keep it up

Map design praise

in Living World

Posted by: Elothar.4382

Elothar.4382

The map is beautiful and seems to be solid in design. Not my cup of noodles, though. I did half the episode…probably won’t go back. But, I know lots of folks love it so you have to give credit where credit is due.