Mid-Season break?

Mid-Season break?

in Living World

Posted by: Azumo.7408

Azumo.7408

Hey there,

I just read in this article that Dragon’s Reach will be the last release before the Living World goes on a mid-season break.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/22/guild-wars-2-trailer-teases-the-dragons-reach-part-1/

Is any dev allowed to tell us when seson 2 will coninue after the break?

As the article states that this is a mid-season break, does this mean that season 2 will only consist of 6 episodes or are there going to be several breaks within this season?

An official statement would be well appreciated

Mid-Season break?

in Living World

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

The article states it is the penultimate release before the break. Interesting find, though. Maybe they add in SAB or Dragon Bash to cover the break, but I guess they deserve some summer holidays anyway.

Mid-Season break?

in Living World

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

It could be a break for a feature pack, or it could be a break for something like SAB as Ignavia mentioned as it may not fit into the current story well, i.e. We know where to go to get closer to the dragon!!…let’s go do SAB for 2 weeks.

Mid-Season break?

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Hmm interesting. This seems to be the only article that even talks about such a break, so a clarification would indeed be nice.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Mid-Season break?

in Living World

Posted by: Arghore.8340

Arghore.8340

It might also be a misunderstanding in regards to the mentioned ‘no content update for Drytop until the next one’. Which may have been misunderstood as, there will be no update for a certain time…

We are peace, we are war. We are how we treat each other and nothing more…
25 okt 2014 – PinkDay in LA

Mid-Season break?

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

^ Would make sense, seeing as the article does not mention that part itself.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Mid-Season break?

in Living World

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

This would be a horrifically disappointing season if it’s only 8 episodes, since the first season was something like 25 episodes. I seriously doubt it’s anything other than a SAB break for 2 weeks, or something of that nature.

(edited by Fluffball.8307)

Mid-Season break?

in Living World

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

Last year SAB “Back to School” started September 3rd. This year SAB would start August 26th.

Season 2 could be continued September 9th. But there would not enough space for 4 episodes if we want Halloween get started before October 31st. Three episodes after a break would be possible. Will Season 3 start directly after Halloween(would be October 21st release)?

The author of the article gave a comment:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2bf0t1/there_is_going_to_be_a_mid_season_break_after/cj4tayh

Hey folks, article writer here. Figured I’d fill this out as it seems it’s new info. When I talked to ANet around the launch of season two, they said the schedule was four parts, then a mid-season break.

My personal theory is a feature patch will fill the gap. They’d previously told me that, last season, features were always drowned out by the new content, so they’d much rather bundle them going forward.

What I don’t yet know is whether “mid-season” literally means halfway through, or whether it just refers to one in a number of planned breaks happening throughout the season.

Edit: Also, in the article I point out this is the penultimate update before the break. We’ll have one update after this.

(edited by Belenwyn.8674)

Mid-Season break?

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Maybe that’s when the rest of the crafts can go to 500. Or better yet, we get SAB.

Mid-Season break?

in Living World

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

My guess is it’ll be another feature pack.

When they were promoting the last one they said there was a problem with the way they did updates in Season 1 in that most people would fixate on one specific part of the update, which was almost always part of the Living Story, and practically ignore everything else. Which lead to complaints that they never added new features or fixed the ones they did have.

So they split it up. We had a feature pack with a lot of changes and new features but no new content, then Living Story updates with new content but no new/changed features. (And bug fixes in both.)

It would make sense for them to do another feature pack soon and it would give the Living Story team more time to work on the next round of releases.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Mid-Season break?

in Living World

Belenwyn.8674

Let us hope episodes 3 + 4 give us at least enough content to fill the not specified pause until LW continues.

I hoped they would treat LW seasons as major projects sothat the LW team has more support to deliver a larger volume of content. Let us see when we will get some official statements about the near future.

Mid-Season break?

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Good. I could use a bit of a breather. x_x I’ve been putting my mapping/dungeoning on hold so far to do the new content and achievements. Having SAB back for the break would be great too!

Mid-Season break?

in Living World

Posted by: Arghore.8340

Arghore.8340

OK nice this is answered guess w/e it is it’ll be fine, though with a bit less ‘urgency stress’ and a whole different type of delivery, i am way less ‘stressed’ than i was during LS1, even though that was on the same 2 week schedule.

I’m guessing it is because now I know various parts will be there for me to work on in my own time, both farming and story achievements, meaning that I don’t feel that much of an urge to have to cramp everything in 2 weeks and for as much as I can squeeze out. Put the mind at ease and the body at rest, a lot more enjoyable

We are peace, we are war. We are how we treat each other and nothing more…
25 okt 2014 – PinkDay in LA

Mid-Season break?

in Living World

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

Oh please SAB Oh please SAB Oh please SAB!!!

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

Mid-Season break?

in Living World

Posted by: Ultimaistanza.4793

Ultimaistanza.4793

My guess is it’ll be another feature pack.

When they were promoting the last one they said there was a problem with the way they did updates in Season 1 in that most people would fixate on one specific part of the update, which was almost always part of the Living Story, and practically ignore everything else. Which lead to complaints that they never added new features or fixed the ones they did have.

So they split it up. We had a feature pack with a lot of changes and new features but no new content, then Living Story updates with new content but no new/changed features. (And bug fixes in both.)

It would make sense for them to do another feature pack soon and it would give the Living Story team more time to work on the next round of releases.

Hopefully this isn’t the case. If they intend to group up new content for WvW and PvP and chuck it out every 6 or more months, then there is going to be a lot more issues than anything from their season 1 releases.

Mid-Season break?

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If the break is for a Feature Patch, that would be less than 4 months since the last one. Way ahead of when I would have expected. I’m up for new features, if we must have another break. =)

Mid-Season break?

in Living World

Posted by: Ariella Goldstein.3562

Ariella Goldstein.3562

I’m wondering where everybody is getting six or eight episodes? We were told that Living World season 2 started with Gates, in fact those two episodes are labeled such here at the website, so I don’t think we’re looking at an ending just yet.

As I said elsewhere, I’m expecting the story to go for about 12 episodes, because the new format makes it a little easier to complete achievements, get story etc. This is speculation on my part. That’d be twenty four weeks, add in the two festivals that fall in the season so that’d be more than half a year of new content. This is speculation on my part. It is possible that the developers will be able to keep the story fresh past my estimations. I hope they do.

Of course this mid season break also means we’re going to be doing a ‘Best of Both Worlds’ where they leave us with a cliffhanger and then spend another two weeks laughing at us while we run around trying to figure out what comes next. This makes me speculate that they’re also sadistic

Mid-Season break?

in Living World

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Second anniversary. I’ll bet it’s a break for the festival.

Mid-Season break?

in Living World

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

I was so excited when they started rolling out these new updates but after reading this I am disappointed. I hope this doesn’t mean it’s going to be a short LS. Also, could this mean Dry Top Is the only map we will get? I’m fine with a break but I really hope we’re aren’t that close to the middle of the season already.

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

Mid-Season break?

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

I’m wondering where everybody is getting six or eight episodes? We were told that Living World season 2 started with Gates, in fact those two episodes are labeled such here at the website, so I don’t think we’re looking at an ending just yet.

Because people assume that mid-season break is in the middle of the season? And since we would have had 4 episodes before the break, it would make sense to assume we would have another four after?

I personally don’t think it will be only 8 (unless they name the whole season the Rise of Mordremoth and then season 3 will be about handling it).

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

(edited by lordkrall.7241)

Mid-Season break?

in Living World

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

Can we get an official comment Arena net if there will be a mid seasson break and if there will be only 8 episodes ?

Mid-Season break?

in Living World

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

feature pack being released sab and dragon festival i bet coming up, would love a return date for ls though

Mid-Season break?

in Living World

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

Second anniversary. I’ll bet it’s a break for the festival.

This would make a lot of sense to me.

Mid-Season break?

in Living World

Posted by: Changer the Elder.2948

Changer the Elder.2948

Wishful thinking speaking here, but do you think it’s possible the feature pack will include in some form replayable LS season 1 or at least parts of it?

Mid-Season break?

in Living World

Posted by: Arianhod.3485

Arianhod.3485

Changer the Elder.2948
Wishful thinking speaking here, but do you think it’s possible the feature pack will include in some form replayable LS season 1 or at least parts of it?

I think it’s just wishful thinking :P the devs said (in one of the POI videos or intro of the new LS, can’t remember exactly, sorry) that LS1 hasn’t been designed for repeatable content and doing it so it is would require much work, and they →might<- do that in the future; so I dont’ think we’ll get it after just 3 LS2 episodes as they’re focused on this atm.

It’s a-me, Aria!

Mid-Season break?

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

A break is likely, a two week release schedule is probably a bit rough on ANet. SAB would be nice filler during that time (since it probably wouldn’t require much work just to enable what has already been released).

Mid-Season break?

in Living World

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

My guestimate:

We will have a feature patch in August. It will involve, at the minimum, new legendaries as well as 500 jewelcrafting which will allow you to make infused accessories and amulets. 500 jewelcrafting will also be required to make the new legendary backpieces (which Colin eluded to be one of the options back at Pax)

In addition to the feature patch, we get old content such as Dragon Bash.

This ties perfectly with our current story since we could have one of Mordremoth’s champions rain down our party and disrupt Dragon Bash.

The only problem, however, is deciding where to host Dragon Bash. You can’t exactly do it in LA.

Here’s hoping that it happens in Rata Sum.

If we do not get Dragon Bash, then I think SAB is just as likely, though it would have to be tied into the current story as it would seem awkward to have such an event placed between a tense story.

Maybe they could say that Taimi has returned to Rata Sum to undergo some final studying. And through this, she teams up with Moto to investigate and solve problems which will help her solve the WP problems.

Mid-Season break?

in Living World

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

If we do have a feature patch lets hope part of it is eliminating the servers within the guilds. Would be nice if everyone in the guild shared same influence and guild perks. This was mentioned in one of the articles in last feature patch.

Mid-Season break?

in Living World

Belenwyn.8674

If we do have a feature patch lets hope part of it is eliminating the servers within the guilds. Would be nice if everyone in the guild shared same influence and guild perks. This was mentioned in one of the articles in last feature patch.

This feature was planned for December 2014. Maybe they are faster.

Mid-Season break?

in Living World

Ultimaistanza.4793

I thought they said something like, “towards the end of the year” not specifically December?

Mid-Season break?

in Living World

Belenwyn.8674

I thought they said something like, “towards the end of the year” not specifically December?

Maybe there is a more current announcement. I only know this one:

The changes covered in this blog will not be included in the April 15 release and will likely come online by December 2014. This information is purely to help you understand where we’re going once the system is fully online.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-megaserver-system-guilds-and-the-future/

Mid-Season break?

in Living World

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

No, no no I don’t want a break :c It’s becoming really good!

Mid-Season break?

in Living World

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

Mid Season break???? That’s ridiculous! We just started Season2! They’re going to frustrate the player base if they go on break now!

We already had a super long break between season 1 and season 2. Enough with the breaks and get on with the story!

Mid-Season break?

in Living World

Ultimaistanza.4793

Maybe there is a more current announcement. I only know this one:

The changes covered in this blog will not be included in the April 15 release and will likely come online by December 2014. This information is purely to help you understand where we’re going once the system is fully online.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-megaserver-system-guilds-and-the-future/

Ah yeah, you’re right. I was thinking about when they said, “Later in 2014, we’ll activate our megaserver technology across the entire world of Tyria.”

Mid-Season break?

in Living World

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

they just took a very long break between seasons, so i would hope that means a feature/balance patch happens during this planned LS2 break, with some actual BUG FIXING!

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Mid-Season break?

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

I love how about 4 months is a very long break nowadays. It is after all shorter than most releases in other games AND we did get releases during that time as well (Feature Patch, Festival of Four Winds).

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Mid-Season break?

in Living World

Posted by: Fuin.8361

Fuin.8361

Uhm I should hope it won’t take 4 months this break. It’s just getting good!

Mid-Season break?

in Living World

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

I love how about 4 months is a very long break nowadays. It is after all shorter than most releases in other games AND we did get releases during that time as well (Feature Patch, Festival of Four Winds).

it kind of is if you take the unconventional approach they did (very regular, but very small doses of mostly temporary content vs. very spaced out permanent expansions).

obviously expansions cost money, so i wouldn’t be silly enough to expect Anet to give us the same amount of content for free…….but 4 months without new playable content is a very long break when you consider most of what you were given over the course of the first 1.5 yrs was taken away from you.

now….given the new permanent LS model, that same 4 months will be much less of an issue next year (for me, it would be no issue….having 1yr of new content to replay).

my main point, tho, was simply that the “very long break” just happened. so i imagine this next break is simply there to introduce the next feature/balance patch.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Relshdan.6854)

Mid-Season break?

in Living World

Posted by: Errannar.8263

Errannar.8263

I don’t mind that they’re taking breaks every now and then. It gives them more time to improve the upcoming releases and, if there is a feature patch, it gives us time to check out the changes.

LS1 was pretty stressful at times, with all the temporary achievements that needed to be done and temporary tokens/loot that needed to be gathered. LS2 is a lot better in that regard and I’m taking the time to do my own thing and enjoy myself.

Also, it’s the middle of summer and people like to take a vacation during this time, to spend some time with their family and/or relax. Things can only get worse if the developers get burned out from overworking themselves.

“I like going on adventures, helping my friends and watching things burn.”
~ Spring Flow, Sylvari Guardian