Mists Stone for 1000 Badges of Honor ?

in Living World

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Even if I’d be for multiple ways to get the Stone, it won’t happen. It CAN’T happen. ANet had a whole ton of kitten to explain otherwise. They never changed something like this, they never will and can’t anymore.

Never changed something like this? What game are playing?

They’ve added alternative recipes to a couple of the previously Fractal-only backpieces.

They’ve added most of the S1 rewards for laurels.

Perhaps most significantly, they’ve added the Arid achievement track to PvP – which awards a fossilized insect on completion. Remember all the complaints about that item? The result has been an alternative method of acquisition. And rightly so – games are for fun, not ruining your evening, grinding rubbish you can’t stand.

Not to mention the pvp reward tracks as a whole, which are just that – an alternate method to get pve drops and dungeon skins.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Living World

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Even if I’d be for multiple ways to get the Stone, it won’t happen. It CAN’T happen. ANet had a whole ton of kitten to explain otherwise. They never changed something like this, they never will and can’t anymore.

Never changed something like this? What game are playing?

They’ve added alternative recipes to a couple of the previously Fractal-only backpieces.

They’ve added most of the S1 rewards for laurels.

Perhaps most significantly, they’ve added the Arid achievement track to PvP – which awards a fossilized insect on completion. Remember all the complaints about that item? The result has been an alternative method of acquisition. And rightly so – games are for fun, not ruining your evening, grinding rubbish you can’t stand.

Which fractal only backpieces?

That’s something different because beforehand, they were timegated. This is still the only way for people to acquire it if they didn’t get it back then, back then being whatever part of the LS gave out the reward.

The Arid track wasn’t a “response”, everyone knew that the Arid track was coming, but adding it during the first patch for example would’ve been stupid since we didn’t even have the insects there for example. So they waited for their midseason-break to add it with the last patch, which is completely logical. They planned it before the first LS2-Patch even was released.

Also, PvPers get alternative ways for almost everything because if they didn’t have their reward tracks (or pre-reward tracks the skin chests), they’d have pretty much nothing because everything can be either acquired in pve or wvw.

Did ANet change the WvW-requirement for 100% map exploration? No they didn’t, even though people complained for ages (I like to assume every now and then people still complain about it, but not in the forums)

Did ANet made the WvW-Jumping Puzzles into a non-combat zone? No. Instead, they even added LS-achievements which required you to go through Obsidian Sanctum again and again.

in Living World

Posted by: Raire.7983

Raire.7983

Which fractal only backpieces?

There are a few, but this is one that started out with only the recipe which required a “Vial of Condensed Mists Essence”, making it Fractals only:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Quiver_of_Swift_Flight

Did ANet change the WvW-requirement for 100% map exploration? No they didn’t, even though people complained for ages (I like to assume every now and then people still complain about it, but not in the forums)

Did ANet made the WvW-Jumping Puzzles into a non-combat zone? No. Instead, they even added LS-achievements which required you to go through Obsidian Sanctum again and again.

Oh, ANet has made some terrible decisions – that WvW kites one in particular was an absolutely garbage move, and one of the reasons I quit the game for several months. If ANet don’t listen, then I guess I’ll be looking at another extended break (although likely permanent, this time).

in Living World

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Well gee, what about people that don’t like WvW, don’t like fractals, and don’t like PvP. What about the people that just like to run around and do events or a dungeon here and there. I don’t think it’s fair they would have to get badges of honor, or fractcal relics, or anything in PvP in order to get items…..

That’s what achievement chests are for. I haven’t done any meaningful WvW in over a year, and even before that I barely dabbled in it, and yet I still have a thousand or so badges after having spent a ton of them on trinkets, a commander tag, and a Gift of Battle.

Do the achievement chests still give out badges? For some reason I thought they did not anymore.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in Living World

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Do the achievement chests still give out badges? For some reason I thought they did not anymore.

Yes, they do. You probably just stopped noticing when the account wallet was added, since they don’t show up in your inventory anymore.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Living World

Posted by: Rachiia.6045

Rachiia.6045

FotM – 5 Pristine Relics
WvW – 1000 Badges of Honor
PvP – Mordremoth Reward Track

To me that would be a perfect solution for everyone.

Agree.

in Living World

EnemyCrusher.7324

Why do people have such a big problem with 5 easily obtained Pristine Fractal Relics? Having to farm Dry Top events for Geodes is less fun and takes more time, but no one is complaining about that.

“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Living World

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Yes, they do. You probably just stopped noticing when the account wallet was added, since they don’t show up in your inventory anymore.

Yeah. I have 2600 badges sitting around, and that’s after spending at least 1000 of them, probably more, and I doubt I earned more than 50 or so via actual WvW gameplay.

Why do people have such a big problem with 5 easily obtained Pristine Fractal Relics? Having to farm Dry Top events for Geodes is less fun and takes more time, but no one is complaining about that.

Fun is subjective, I VASTLY prefer drytop to even the best Fractal experience, and if you’re on a good map, getting the geodes you need takes very little time, maybe an hour or two for the entire chain. On top of that, if I’m remembering correctly there is nothing that you actually have to buy with geodes, because the recipes and ingredients that you can get with geodes, you can also buy off the TP (it’s just more expensive that way).

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I was about to say “That’s not true”, but then I realised you’re probably talking about buying the finished products like the Plant Food and Pots off the TP, in which case you’re absolutely right.

in Living World

Posted by: Missy.7356

Missy.7356

Mistforged weapons still had 2 ways to gain, wvwvw and the karma train in eotm.

in Living World

EnemyCrusher.7324

Yeah. I have 2600 badges sitting around, and that’s after spending at least 1000 of them, probably more, and I doubt I earned more than 50 or so via actual WvW gameplay.

Fun is subjective, I VASTLY prefer drytop to even the best Fractal experience, and if you’re on a good map, getting the geodes you need takes very little time, maybe an hour or two for the entire chain. On top of that, if I’m remembering correctly there is nothing that you actually have to buy with geodes, because the recipes and ingredients that you can get with geodes, you can also buy off the TP (it’s just more expensive that way).

You need 300-600 geodes just for clay pots. I’ve spent plenty of hours in Dry Top and gotten about 300 total (including the ones form the living story), which I already spent on recipes.

I didn’t realize clay pots were tradable though, so that does take a lot of the frustration out of it. I’ll probably craft one and buy the other to save myself the frustration.

Since they made the clay pots tradable, they should just make the mists stones tradable, that way they’re accessible to everyone.

in Living World

Draknar.5748

That would explain it.

in Living World

Draknar.5748

Wait…you got WvW tournament participation credit if you only ran EoTM the entire period???

in Living World

Posted by: Witaminka.4650

Witaminka.4650

WTB Mists Stone for 10k Badges of Honor, why fractal Anet -,-, why?

GW1 – 4,100+ / GW2 – 10,300+ hours played
server jumper

in Living World

Posted by: Kibazuka.1390

Kibazuka.1390

If yer dont like to group for fractals because of the ah-so-toxic community then just do them solo?

Ranger – Drakkar Lake[DE]
Full melee Ranger since August 2012

in Living World

Posted by: Lasica.5068

Lasica.5068

Wait…you got WvW tournament participation credit if you only ran EoTM the entire period???

It was possible yes. You didn’t need to get all the achievements to claim the reward, and you could get enough of them from EoTM to qualify.

Why make sense, when it’s so much more fun to make nonsense?

in Living World

Draknar.5748

It was possible yes. You didn’t need to get all the achievements to claim the reward, and you could get enough of them from EoTM to qualify.

Well that’s quite interesting indeed.

in Living World

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Dungeon-Mentors-Noob/first#post3492401

hiya all,

I know this has nothing to do with Wubwub but I would love to take you through some fractal runs so you can finish your item! please either mail me in-game, write something in the thread or pm me here in the forums.

in Living World

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

You mean this is a suggestion to offer options to GW2 players? What insanity is this?

It’s only taken ArenaNet months to figure out they needed to expand the annoyingly limited methods to get Empyreal Fragments and now that those are finally becoming available in a variety of way, they decide to take two step back once again and make something that is gated by an item that can be obtained ONE way requiring forced grouping.

So what about WvW players. So what about people who detest FotM? So what about actual choice?

You can farm geodes without a group. That means you don’t need pray that your group doesn’t suddenly fall apart halfway through the 2nd fractal run because Tequatl is spawning or some other garbage excuse (already happened to me), you don’t need to worry about completely wasting your time, and you don’t need to worry about all the headaches that is inherent in ALL forced group content.

No one is complaining about farming geodes because they would rather do that than set ONE FOOT into FotM. I’ve managed to get two of the relics so far and all it’s done is remind me exactly why I stopped doing FotM.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

(edited by DoctorOverlord.8620)

in Living World

Posted by: Cole Eyre.8471

Cole Eyre.8471

I’m sitting on something like 20,000 Badges of Honor with something like 15 lvl 80 toons all of which are fully equipped, often with more than one set of gear. It would be nice if we could use this currency for something, such as unlocking bag slots on a character.

in Living World

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

No one is complaining about farming geodes because they would rather do that than set ONE FOOT into FotM.

Actually, i’d rather pug FotM with complete newbies than stay for any longer time in Dry Top. Farming geodes was definitely the worst part (and by much) of the whole backpack crafting experience for me.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November