Mordrem Champion mechanics?

in Living World

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

Hi folks, ive been wondering, what is the right way of fighting this Mordrem Champion(big ugly flower) in Iron Marches, because the way it is for me now, its possible the hardest champion fight in the game for me. Stay range you die, stay melee you die, no tells on when to dodge, when to run or whatever, all you know is you get poison when you attack him no matter the distance, and if you have 1 access to condi clear in 30 seconds then your toast, that poison will kill you in 5 seconds. So i was just wondering how to actually fight this thing, and do the whole event without dying once.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

in Living World

Posted by: William Bradley Knight.2609

William Bradley Knight.2609

Stack on it and facetank. Use the nectar when it appears and condi cleanse as needed. When it does its AoE attack, double dodge back away, then stack and repeat. If you die waypoint and run back. Collect loot and rez the dead. I made the mistake of trying to range it at first. Doesn’t work.

in Living World

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

You see, what i’m trying to find out see the right way to beat this champion without dying again and again and again. So i need to know the right (boss/champ) mechanics per say, kinda like doing dragon/world events and not dying again and again because you know when to dodge when to run when to damage….knowing the monster skills get you there….i want to know the right way of fighting this champ.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

Depends on what class you are and what happens you’re using. As a warrior, I use the rifle and just range him – let the others try to melee. That being said, using greatswords can work if you time your dodge and whirling strikes appropriately.

in Living World

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

If you want to do ranged you can do a double backwards dodge once you get poisoned, cleanse, heal, then get back into long range. It’s a zerg based world boss so you don’t need to be standing in range when your health is low.

in Living World

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

watch out for the small thorny vines under your feet. Most dangerous. There’s no indication for them

If your health suddenly drops too much, watch for them, double evade back. get as far from Champ as possible

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

in Living World

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

You should definitely not fight it at range. Melee, and it won’t hit you with the wiggling vines. In melee, it just seems to do a spinning knockback, very infrequently, and occasionally it creates a nasty field that you need to step out of. The nectar usually appears shortly after the field, drink it, and rush back into melee. The champion seems to spend most of its time putting vines under people that aren’t close to it.

A little condition clearing (when the field hits you) and a little healing are all you need to do to stay on your two feet, as long as you don’t stray out of melee for any longer than needed to avoid the field. Sadly, you’ll have to ignore all the downed people that aren’t in melee, reviving them will only get you vined and killed.

(edited by Manasa Devi.7958)

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Sticking in melee except when it uses the pool of death is the best idea, since you avoid the deadly multi-hit vine attacks that way. You’ll know the pool is coming when the Mordrem flutters around a bit (it kind of flies up and then loops back) so if you watch for that you can dodge before the pool even appears on the ground. The only problem that is that sometimes it uses the pool then immediately uses the vine attack, and you can’t really avoid both, so you have to be able to tank one or the other if that happens. That does seem to happen relatively infrequently though.

That said, if EVERYONE melees, then it won’t use the vine attacks very often and will spam the pool constantly, so you actually need a few meat shields in range to entice it to use the vines. So please continue to do that so I can hit it in melee with relative safety