Mordrem Leyleecher bugged?

in Living World

Posted by: Kantazo.8324

Kantazo.8324

I cannot do any damage, the little damage he takes he instant heal, anyone knows what to do, is this bugged?

in Living World

Posted by: Kantazo.8324

Kantazo.8324

please delete this I figure out how to do it

in Living World

Posted by: peffy.8765

peffy.8765

I actually had a lot of trouble with this boss. I think it is bugged. It may have been related to my build – I was using a necromancer with a lot of minions.

I did the thing where I had to stand in the white circle and use the special skill. The boss would lose about 75% of its health, but then it would regen back up to full health before I could use the skill again. I did this for 15 minutes (!!!) before I decided to try killing off as many of my minions as I could. After I did that, the boss stopped regenerating to full, and I was able to kill it after 2 or 3 uses of the skill.

My guildmate said the boss should’ve died way quicker than that, so it looks to me like there is some problem with the minions.

in Living World

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

I can confirm this. There is something about the minions being present that drastically increases it’s health regen. I had to die and re-enter the boss fight due to my minions interesting inability to drop dead themselves in the fight.

I actually had a lot of trouble with this boss. I think it is bugged. It may have been related to my build – I was using a necromancer with a lot of minions.

I did the thing where I had to stand in the white circle and use the special skill. The boss would lose about 75% of its health, but then it would regen back up to full health before I could use the skill again. I did this for 15 minutes (!!!) before I decided to try killing off as many of my minions as I could. After I did that, the boss stopped regenerating to full, and I was able to kill it after 2 or 3 uses of the skill.

My guildmate said the boss should’ve died way quicker than that, so it looks to me like there is some problem with the minions.

in Living World

Posted by: hu dahala mei.6034

hu dahala mei.6034

how does a ranger beat it? if you try to put the pet away it comes right back out and the leyleecher just heals up

in Living World

Posted by: hu dahala mei.6034

hu dahala mei.6034

i figured it out dont use a longbow use a greatsword

in Living World

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

I’ll take the liberty of linking a guildmate’s YT video here where he shows how he handled it on his guardian (don’t wanna say “dragonhunter” for fear of startling Aurene). Looks like once you and she deliver the coordinated attack you gotta burn the boss down fast. I’m still trying to figure out how to do that on my mesmer, but it was getting late last night and I was getting tired and aggravated. Anyhoo, here’s the video:

EDIT: Ooops, should have added, “spoilers”.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

in Living World

Posted by: Erylian.8405

Erylian.8405

how does a ranger beat it? if you try to put the pet away it comes right back out and the leyleecher just heals up

After doing the coordinated attack on the white circles, I just stood on the portal dais a small distance away and set the pet to not attack. The leecher was more interested in Aurene than my character. Then run in again when the circles appear. He did sap some health back from Aurene a few times and from myself/the pet twice (his “pull” attack does reach the platform) but not at the rate it wasn’t able to regain what we were able to take away. He went down in three rounds. Aurene packs a punch.

in Living World

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I’ll take the liberty of linking a guildmate’s YT video here where he shows how he handled it on his guardian (don’t wanna say “dragonhunter” for fear of startling Aurene). Looks like once you and she deliver the coordinated attack you gotta burn the boss down fast. I’m still trying to figure out how to do that on my mesmer, but it was getting late last night and I was getting tired and aggravated. Anyhoo, here’s the video:

Slot chrono, keep 3 illusions out at all times. When the white circles appear stand in it, cast CS, cast WoC when his bar breaks, exit CS, WoC again and use MW in the middle of the cast, sword 2. He should go down in 1 burn

in Living World

Posted by: Mere.9352

Mere.9352

I’m a ranger and I’m having zero luck here, the health just doesn’t go down at all!

Editing (again): I’m an idiot, I didn’t realize I was supposed to hit the button above my skillbar…well, it works now!

(edited by Mere.9352)

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

As a tip for this encounter, the NPC states at the beginning that you won’t be able to do damage to the boss. They may have stated it again right when you entered the room.

in Living World

Posted by: Mikey.6705

Mikey.6705

I cannot use the Aurene Action Key. It is locked. What have I missed?

in Living World

Posted by: schlake.2718

schlake.2718

Wow. I spent a really long time fighting this on a necro in almost full nomads with durability runes, and my flesh golem out. Neither me nor the leyleecher were taking any damage.

Once I read this, I jumped in the water to destroy the flesh golem, and shortly thereafter boom→down it goes.

in Living World

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Slot chrono, keep 3 illusions out at all times. When the white circles appear stand in it, cast CS, cast WoC when his bar breaks, exit CS, WoC again and use MW in the middle of the cast, sword 2. He should go down in 1 burn

This worked, thanks!

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

in Living World

Posted by: Bieeanda.3781

Bieeanda.3781

I’m not convinced that instance of ‘regenerates’ isn’t typoese for ‘steals life’.

Be aware, this isn’t the only boss of this episode that plays poorly with pets.

in Living World

Posted by: defunct.3281

defunct.3281

I just wanted to chime in about the necromancer problem. I have Rise! and boy did that not help at all. Dismissing minons was a problem for me, because most of them don’t die. But it helped anyway, for the one I could. After dismissing and not using Rise!, I was able to kill it in 2 uses of the special attack. I was in the battle for about 10 minutes, not really losing health at all, and figured I better look something up. I found this and the advice above worked for me, so thank you. It was more than a little frustrating!

in Living World

Posted by: Fitty Fhaav.2945

Fitty Fhaav.2945

After being frustrated that the skill was locked on my screen and the Mordrem was healing itself, I tabbed out at the top of the stairs to look for help on this boss fight. When I returned to the game, Aurene was still alive and the Leyleecher was at 40%. Aurene uses a skill that bleeds and the boss does not heal itself from her. 5 mins later, the fight was over. Aurene had solo’d the Mordrem Leyleecher and I was on my way to Bitterfrost Frontier.

in Living World

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Letting Aurene kill it is not working. Does anyone know the REAL way to kill this thing?

in Living World

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

I had no trouble killing it with a necro (no minions) on my first time. Later I used a guardian and partied up with hubby who was using a ranger. We had a horrible time trying to kill the Leyleecher and after reading posts about it I think it was continually healing off the ranger’s pet. We finally got it down but it was not pretty….

in Living World

Posted by: ViperEx.7609

ViperEx.7609

Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3j0nK3UNu0 is how you can make it easily. I have done that playing with virtual keyboard so everyone can make it much faster and smooth then me

in Living World

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

The fight was bugged when I did it. Had nothing to do with how much damage I did with my Berserker Warrior, it had to do with the mechanic being bugged. And no, it wasn’t healing off a pet, I had no pet and it healed. Those that said it was easy just didn’t have a bugged instance. The only way I got it done was to keep trying until it wasn’t bugged.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

in Living World

Posted by: ViperEx.7609

ViperEx.7609

Maybe it is fixed already I have been doing it last days.

in Living World

Posted by: boomtap.6921

boomtap.6921

I had this happen to me. Thanks to the posts in this thread, I just turned off minions and it worked. The minions were healing him for some reason. Not sure why. Only took me like 25 minutes to figure it out…haha

in Living World

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

I can confirm this. There is something about the minions being present that drastically increases it’s health regen. I had to die and re-enter the boss fight due to my minions interesting inability to drop dead themselves in the fight.

Its because the Leecher’s attacks have life stealing; so all the hits hes getting in on the minions are replenishing his health. It also doesn’t help that the attack rotation is incredibly long, so players easily get confused as to whether or not they need to take action, or are supposed to wait (as was instructed).

The expectation is that you evade until it does its spin attack….. but given the designs of most other events in game, the player automatically thinks they need to actively do something to expose the weakness, thus giving Aurene an opening to attack.

in Living World

Posted by: Laoden Macgregor.8302

Laoden Macgregor.8302

I figured it out after LONG frustration with my Mesmer/clone build. Stood on the edge of the circle, turned off auto attack, summoned ZERO clones, let Aurene attack, jumped in white circle, two cycles of that BOOM! Thanks and enjoy!

in Living World

Posted by: sashaying.3109

sashaying.3109

I had the same problem, moreover I havent seen any white circles ! But I found solution. I simply hid in the furthest corridor and waited. I had cursor targetted on Mordrem Leyleecher, so to see the damage progress. It took about 10 minutes the longest for Aurene to kill it without my help.