[SPOILERS] Season 2 Finale [merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

My only question storywise is what the hell was that ryltock teasing for?

Yeah, that was misleading. Though we do have glimpse of what he is up to. Either his time in the Mists has given him insight as to what sylvari truly are, or he has turned cuckoo.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

in Living World

Posted by: Ryan.2758

Ryan.2758

The plot twist was very heavily hinted at with the end of season 2, so that didn’t shock me.

Have to say that art based cinematic gets me every time however. Someone will need to post a link when it gets uploaded.

in Living World

Ryan.2758

…. its heeeeeereeee…

in Living World

Malkavian.4516

Whether it be an expansion or a major upgrade to Living Story, I’d be okay with either option. Naturally I’d be happy if it were a full xpac.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

in Living World

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

1) kittened that rytlock didn’t show up throughout the chapter

2) kittened that when rytlock finally showed up, he was wearing his old armor, and didn’t look changed at all

3) WE STILL DO NOT KITTEN KNOW WHY CAITHE TOOK THE EGG

4) Not only do we not know where Caithe went, the only people who might know, Destiny’s Edge, just went up in smoke.

5) At the very end, I could have sworn I saw a Mursaat.

in Living World

Malkavian.4516

Pretty sure Anet will post it in a day or two.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

in Living World

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Just finished the intro and some of the battle- Opened up my Ist bags and nothing but white/blue/green JUNK.
Repeat —nothing but JUNK!!!!!
No matter what you think of the story/art etc-—the rewards don’t cut it.

in Living World

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Oh do you think that logan and co died? Pretty much looked like it right?

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in Living World

Posted by: Akatosh.7621

Akatosh.7621

So I live and breathe WvW but I still do LS because well, why not? I have to say, this was an absolutely amazingly well done finale (priory bit was a bit dull) and the ending, just wow. Can’t wait for Wooden Potatoes to cover it.

in Living World

Malkavian.4516

My thoughts on the Season Finale were this:

The end part is that given the fact that Sylvari are meant to be Mordremoth’s servants is confirmed is justified as to why Caithe is being very secretive. It tied up a loose end but it left one untied. In this case, why did Caithe steal the egg in the first place? Her intentions are true, but they aren’t enough in my eyes without a good justification for her actions. Though I guess she is figuring out a way to tap into the egg’s power herself.

The fight against the Shadow of the Dragon felt like a proper fight. I am disappointed that we don’t get to actually fight him as a world boss, but then again I have yet to face the Vinewrath myself so I can’t say for sure.

And the ending cutscene was kitten impressive so to speak. Least we now know for a fact that in the future, we will be facing up against more Nightmare Courtiers and perhaps confront Faolain herself once more.

Overall, I was very impressed with this finale.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

(edited by Malkavian.4516)

in Living World

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

So the sylvari who doesnt have pale tree are new enemy…. there will be xenophobic rebels who will be attacking good sylvari… that is interesting

WHAT IS NOT SO COOL is that Treharne used really really complex tactic – he put all his assests on one place without scouting it out first and shouted: FIRE! ………how unexpted that everyone was doomed.

Anet, You either made him totally stupid, or you just don’t see how thoughtless this attack was.

On the other hand, other parts of the this story part were great (aside from boring long killing of ghastly weapons)

in Living World

Posted by: Zalman.8719

Zalman.8719

This is the BEST LS they have every done so far, exploring, mysteries, action and a twist that shakes the game, well done!(but I still demand Rytlock’s new armor) I didn’t suspect all sylvaries to be dragon pawns, only the second Pale Tree but this is so much more awesome! Well, done and thank you, this was a pleasure to play through!

in Living World

Posted by: NathanH.1465

NathanH.1465

In short: didn’t like it at all. (warning post filled with spoilers)

- First instance was average, although a bit boring overall.

- 2nd instance was pretty bad, fight waves after waves after waves after waves of enemies is everything but ‘fun’. And in the end we just to signal an airship that kills them with a few shots? Why didn’t we signal them as soon as both gates fell? Oh right it’s a cheap way of making an instance seem longer

- 3th instance: nothing shocking happened storywise. Even after taking ages to ‘trap’ the dragon in the middle he keeps having the ‘cannot be damaged’ buff and with nothing showing up to help me change that I called it a day and decided to never bother with this patch again.

in Living World

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Was not impressed with Priory, half the trash mobs would have been fine.
Liked the finale, not sure again which side Foalain was fighting on but since she is completely power driven will guess the dragons side.

in Living World

Posted by: Mad Pig.2890

Mad Pig.2890

I posted this almost a year ago:

“Sylvari are originally dragon minions and supposedly belong to a certain dragon that hasn’t awoken(of course, now it has). Which is probably the reason that Sylvari cannot become risen. The reason that the Sylvari that aren’t killing machines is probably because of “The tablet at the base of the tree and the Dream of Dreams that guide the sylvari, who are imprinted by the morality and ethics of Ventari and the bravery of Ronan.”

“A Sylvari without the protection of the tablet fall under the dragons influence.”

“Scarlet was probably turned by the dragons influence when she entered the sensory deprivation chamber.”

I got flamed a lot for such blasphemous speech. Today I would like to say “Aha ha”. And thank Anet for taking a page out of my wishes.

It will be cool to see how this unfolds and can imagine a war on the Pale Tree. (Wink-Wink “Anet”)

You think your life is hard? You don’t even main a Ranger.
~Desolation~

in Living World

Malkavian.4516

3th instance: nothing shocking happened storywise. Even after taking ages to ‘trap’ the dragon in the middle he keeps having the ‘cannot be damaged’ buff and with nothing showing up to help me I called it a day and decided to never bother with this patch again.

I don’t get it. What do you mean he “cannot be damaged”? I managed to face off against him through circling him with fire and then damaging him. :/

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

in Living World

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Why not focus on Tengu instead of Sylvari, why is Arena Net focusing on creating new story instead of expanding on what’s already been built?

in Living World

Malkavian.4516

Was not impressed with Priory, half the trash mobs would have been fine.
Liked the finale, not sure again which side Foalain was fighting on but since she is completely power driven will guess the dragons side.

Definitely Mordremoth’s side. From the looks of it, she already figured out Nightmare’s true nature.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

in Living World

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Why not focus on Tengu instead of Sylvari, why is Arena Net focusing on creating new story instead of expanding on what’s already been built?

My guess? Because with a new race, like the Sylvari, they can do so much more without worrying about messing with existing canon.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Living World

Posted by: Kreejaffa.3682

Kreejaffa.3682

Truly an awesome story thus far. I was crying when Caithe killed Wynne. When the story touches me enough to make me shed tears, I deem it a very good story.

Seriously, bravo to the writers, and to the design team. They brought out a good season of story. It was waaaay too slow paced for my liking, but it was good none the less.

Kreejaffa [Ferguson’s Crossing]
Leader of Looking For Gandalf [LFG]
Worst Commander of Ferguson’s Crossing (Self Proclaimed)

in Living World

Posted by: Maxwell.7843

Maxwell.7843

Ever herd of writing [spoiler] instead of actually spoiling content for everyone else?

And to everyone who might want to defend OP: the title itself was a spoiler before someone fixed it…

in Living World

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

Truly an awesome story thus far. I was crying when Caithe killed Wynne. When the story touches me enough to make me shed tears, I deem it a very good story.

Kind of had the opposite effect on me. I’m easily touched by scenes like that but the clunky animations and facial expressions were so cringworthy :/
Aside from that, good patch. A little short, but seeing as most LS releases only last for an hour, that’s to be expected.

in Living World

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

Ever herd of writing [spoiler] instead of actually spoiling content for everyone else?

And to everyone who might want to defend OP: the title itself was a spoiler before someone fixed it…

Maybe he doesn’t know how to make the spoiler mark.
Well :/

in Living World

Posted by: Shinobi.3240

Shinobi.3240

Kill all the salad people!!!

Shinobi Sicarius [ Thief / Lvl: 80 / PvP Rank: 250+]
[5/8 Champion Titles – Legendary Division] [19k+ AP]
[BEER – Dungeon Riders – Desolation]

in Living World

Posted by: Mad Pig.2890

Mad Pig.2890

Yeah, sorry about that. It was only up for 20 seconds before I changed it.

You think your life is hard? You don’t even main a Ranger.
~Desolation~

in Living World

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

Kitten kitten I hate these instanced filled with trash mobs which are there purely as time sink. What fun it is to fight all those spirits in the first instance. I sure look forward to doing it 2 more times and then for the achievements.

in Living World

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Was it intended that Trehearne has so frivolously sent the whole fleet out and let it get destroyed like this? How is it that this big general didn’t expect those gigantic plants rise from the ground when even I expected it?

I think Anet just wanted to make the players feel like that they are going to be in a desperate position in the expansion so they feel more excited about it.

No armada, just a bunch of heroes who first need to help Destiny’s Edge and then find Caithe. Fight armies of bad sylvari who don’t belong to the Pale Tree and work as an embassador for The Pale Tree sylvari to protect them from other races who don’t believe them anymore.

But I feel no anticipation. I’m not sure why… but I think that the story is too childish for me or something… I was not surprised at all and found it poorly thought out. Sorry for the criticism, but it is true.

(edited by Mortifer.2946)

in Living World

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

Burn the pale tree, put the divine torch at her roots then behead Trahearne.

(edited by Juba.8406)

in Living World

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Was no surprise to me what they were

in Living World

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Agreed.
/15chars

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

in Living World

Posted by: NathanH.1465

NathanH.1465

3th instance: nothing shocking happened storywise. Even after taking ages to ‘trap’ the dragon in the middle he keeps having the ‘cannot be damaged’ buff and with nothing showing up to help me I called it a day and decided to never bother with this patch again.

I don’t get it. What do you mean he “cannot be damaged”? I managed to face off against him through circling him with fire and then damaging him. :/

Lucky you, lol. When I tried I couldn’t select him by cycling with the ‘tab’-button and manually select him showed the ‘Invulnerability’-buf. Not trying again though, knowing anet the ‘real’ challenge is him having a truckload of hp anyhow :p

in Living World

Posted by: Phlanx.9273

Phlanx.9273

Yes we all knew this was coming for the last year and a half, just finally confirmed now….

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Didn’t really feel like a finale, just another episode yet again existing setting up something else. Enjoyable, but I really hoped for more substance.

The Pact Assault was excellent – really showing how a game should do a battle of this scale. The final boss was good as well

The Ascension stuff was dreadful. There was no reason for Ossai or the Forgotten other than to force in GW1 lore for the sake of forcing it in. Felt really out of place (and not a patch on the original trials).

in Living World

Posted by: dennie.9237

dennie.9237

in Living World

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

“It’s too short.”
“Took weeks to get it to us.”
“No Tengu.”
“It’s Tuesday and you didnt tell me good morning.”
(Insert random locomotive image here cause it’s the cool thing to do now)

I dont care about any of that. What I just played through in this game was FREAKING AWESOME.

I can’t wait to see what’s next.

Thank you Anet.

in Living World

Ryan.2758

Heres a link to one of the trailers

in Living World

Malkavian.4516

Lucky you, lol. When I tried I couldn’t select him by cycling with the ‘tab’-button and manually select him showed the ‘Invulnerability’-buf. Not trying again though, knowing anet the ‘real’ challenge is him having a truckload of hp anyhow :p

Based on my fight as a Ranger, I faced him twice. He wasn’t as beefy as when I first faced him in Dragon’s Reach.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

in Living World

Posted by: Changer the Elder.2948

Changer the Elder.2948

After quite a long time of lukewarm comebacks, I’m genuinely happy about this new patch.

I do hope the soundtrack appears on Soundcloud again, both the music for the golden chamber and the fight with the Shadow (which, if my ear is correct, appeared all the way back in Dragon’s reach, but I can’t find it on Soundcloud) deserve a tip of the hat and being played more often than just in the instance.

in Living World

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

So were Nightmare court fighting Destiny Edge and Trehenre?

Because if so, every body already knew nightmare court are bad guys.
why would people still blame Sylvari in general?

it’s like blaming Charr for what flame legion did.

in Living World

Posted by: Greyfur.1082

Greyfur.1082

Great Job Anet that episode was Epic.

in Living World

Posted by: Pyriel.4370

Pyriel.4370

Is it just me or in the ending cinematic, there seems to be a seer or mursaat, maybe an up to date model/art, but…..http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Seer if you look at that it will make sense.

in Living World

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I watched the cinematic. Now I’m all excited to get home to go through what happens.

I found it interesting that it looks like Faolain right there at the end of the fighting sequence.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Living World

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

The revelation that sylvari were indeed intended to be mordrem was very interesting, though I did expect it.
However that cutscene… Wow. I thought the last cinematic for season one was amazing but this one is even better (I thought the scenes of fighting and rivalry between sylvari and others was good and I knew It would be good after rytlock’s ’don’t trust sylvari, they blong to the dragon now’) I can help but think this was advertising an expansion.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in Living World

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

It was kind of a letdown for me. After wading me way through a bunch of trashmob time sink fights, it just ended with another “to be continued” sign. The sylvari theory was well-known for a while now too, so it didn’t come as a surprise.

I just wish there would’ve actually been some conclusion.

in Living World

Posted by: neilug hyuga.5634

neilug hyuga.5634

5) At the very end, I could have sworn I saw a Mursaat.

Mursaat 2.0 look AMAAAAAAAAAAZIIIING OMG !!!

And I would love to see them back with us, together, AGAINST the Dragons. (Same enemy)

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Stramatus.5219

Stramatus.5219

I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed this update and it set up for what is to come quite perfectly. Not to mention a lot of implications lore/race wise in not jsut the story, but the very well done ending cinematics as well.

I feel like my idea that Living World would be a bridge between Personal Story and the next big expansion or expansion-esque release seems almost validated at this point. My only complaint is the 2 1/2 years for that bridge to be formed.

Frankly I have not been this positively excited since before this game released.

Sir Helvidius | Sir Beregond | Proud Ascalonian Humans
“Remember The Searing. We never forget, and never forgive.” – Family Motto

in Living World

Posted by: bubble.4687

bubble.4687

I think what we are seeing is a Seer… We’ve never seen their civilization. Maybe they are the ones who made these golden things…It looks like we are going to meet them and they are going to share their knowledge =) !
Really thx Anet it was great !

in Living World

Posted by: AVM.5746

AVM.5746

So… Uh… Do airship cannons and explosions have friendly fire mode on or something? How exactly did that Michael Bay scene cause everyone but the Mordrem to die, yet leave everyone else alive and intact? I’m pretty sure in the original campaign there were scenes where npcs were killed by friendly fire… If there was one more part of that battle, say everyone were to “Alamo” into the armory hanger before the bombs fell, that would make better sense…

in Living World

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

All the Guardians joined hands and created a bubble sanctuary keeping the mordrem out infused with Mesmer feedback magic. Our PC survived ‘cause we’re just that awesome.

in Living World

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

SPOILERS If you haven’t finished the latest episode yet, stop reading, there be spoilers ahead.

During the end cinematic of the latest episode, we can see a lot of sylvari going completely crazy and attack the pact. Including lionguard and pact members.
This is shown once again in the cinematic that follows immediately after.

Now I wonder if this will affect our Sylvari player characters. And if so, how?
While I doubt our Sylvari PC’s would go crazy and join Mordremoth, I really hope there will be at least some effects. Maybe hearing soft whispers from time to time or some graphical effects on the edge of the screen. Or simply being treated differently, like we saw happening to Canach.

I hope that there is at least something. It would be weird and disappointing if our player characters (and caithe/trahearne) are completely free of corruption for no reason other than plot convenience.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)