Mordremoth concept art

Mordremoth concept art

in Living World

Posted by: Vyko.6953

Vyko.6953

When Mordremoth will show himself in future, I expect that you will release some concept arts and wallpapers of him.

Please let more of your artists to do them, and not Ruan Jia ONLY. The most of living story wallpapers are from him.

Im really sorry for that, but I dont like his art in guild wars 2. His pictures are all somehow blurred, dull.. and are not that epic as pictures from your other artists (comparison of Tequatl and Kite city below).

I searched for some art of him on google and I found some really amazing pictures. Epic pictures. So he isnt by no means bad artist, but it looks like he isnt showing his real skill in Guild Wars 2…

Edit: changed female to male lol

Attachments:

#ELEtism

(edited by Vyko.6953)

Mordremoth concept art

in Living World

Vyko.6953

Im not sure if the Zhaitan on the right is from him too, but I guess so, its totally his style. In his picture, there just isnt the feeling of how huge Zhaitan really is.

Attachments:

#ELEtism

(edited by Vyko.6953)

Mordremoth concept art

in Living World

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I like it, though I must admit Kekai Kotaki was a class of his own. But maybe that’s just be cause we got used to his work. He is a great artist and I love hiw work since Magic: the Gathering.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Mordremoth concept art

in Living World

Vyko.6953

Yeah, Kekai was a master, but they still have great artists. Im not sure but I think that Tequatl on left isnt from him.

#ELEtism

Mordremoth concept art

in Living World

Posted by: kylwilson.9137

kylwilson.9137

Oh man, that Tequatl on the left has such a stronger aesthetic than what we have now. It’s actually quite creepy.

\o/

Mordremoth concept art

in Living World

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

or they can have her do the impressionism and have a secondary artist collaborate to ‘punch-up’ the detail?

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Mordremoth concept art

in Living World

Posted by: nymph.1658

nymph.1658

I think Ruan Jia is a male ^^

[to] – Original Dudes

Mordremoth concept art

in Living World

Vyko.6953

I think Ruan Jia is a male ^^

well lol. You are right haha!

#ELEtism

Mordremoth concept art

in Living World

Posted by: Theundersigned.4761

Theundersigned.4761

I see a couple interesting points that should be made about these examples…

Both styles have their merits; a more impressionist theme requires just as much artistic skill as any other.

Maybe Ruan Jia is just trying out something new? Artists do that sort of thing all the time.

Or this particular art style could be part of his job. ArenaNet might have asked him to switch things up for the purpose of the Living World.

I wonder what people would say if he confessed to enjoying this style more…It could be…

But honestly, I haven’t seen many disparities in the art style of Guild Wars 2. The Living World may adapt a stronger kind of impressionism more often, but I think it generally fits with the “painterly” motif of the game as a whole.

And since we’re sharing opinions, I really like that Tequatl picture much more than the scaly beasty next to it. Not only does it seem to fit better with Guild Wars 2’s theme, but it also just looks purty.

(edited by Theundersigned.4761)