Mordremoth does not posses the soundless.

in Living World

Posted by: Niels.5396

Niels.5396

What if, like we rumored at launch, the Sylvari and the Pale Tree exist to combat Mordremoth. What if Ventari’s Tablet and it’s current influence the Pale Tree keeps the Sylvari from going in their all out frenzy to find and kill Mordremoth.
Ventari’s Tablet is unique to this Pale Tree. Previous Pale trees, if they grew to combat Mordremoth, did not have this as it is specific to Ventari. He only lived once. He did not put any other Tablets at other Pale trees.
Ventari’s Tablet says the following:

I. Live life well and fully, and waste nothing.
II. Do not fear difficulty. Hard ground makes stronger roots.
III. The only lasting peace is the peace within your own soul.
IV. All things have a right to grow. The blossom is brother to the weed.
V. Never leave a wrong to ripen into evil or sorrow.
VI. Act with wisdom, but act.
VII. From the smallest blade of grass to the largest mountain, where life goes—so, too, should you.

Let’s analyze this.
I. Be good.
II. Act when a challange is upon you.
III. Stay calm.
IV. Even if you think something is evil (Mordremoth in this case but Ventari might have had no idea) You are both plants and you are brothers.
V. Act.
VI. stay calm and act.
VII. Explore.

The soundless turned away from the Pale Tree and Ventari. They do not stay calm. They go in an all out frenzy when they sence Mordremoth. Who says they are being controlled by Mordremoth? Scarlet was crazy. She went to great extends to achieve her goal. She cut him off from more magic. She disturbed the Lay lines. Scarlet WEAKENED Mordremoth by cutting off the magic supply from the lay lines. We will thank her later, and she knew it.

TL;DR Scarlet went in an all out frenzy to kill Mordremoth. This happened because the Pale Tree and the influence of the Ventari Tablet was limiting her. She turned away like the soundless so she was no longer limited by the Pale Tree. Then her real Sylvari nature kicked in.

What do you guys think?

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

Ventari’s tablet was just a stone with words chiseled in. It didn’t have any magical properties from what we can tell. If anything, the Pale Tree modeled itself off of Ronan and Ventari’s influence and ideals and not just a piece of refined rock. The tablet is simply the only thing we’re told of that the Pale Tree has to remember them.

They do not stay calm. They go in an all out frenzy when they sence Mordremoth.

I think you’re confusing yourself a little here. The similarities between Aerin and Soundless stop at their disconnect from the Pale Tree, the Soundless practically meditate to hone their consciousness; to them everyday is a risk of falling back in line. There isn’t much to prove the Soundless are anyway more aggressive than the Nightmare Court – it’s a lifestyle that these Sylvari have to continuously choose. A tug of war.

Now you could make the argument that the Nightmare Court was an offshoot of the soundless, and only through this kind of disconnect was Faolain managed to come up with the idea to create a Tree of her own that emphasized everything the NC stood for.

My point is, Soundless are not inherently violent. They might be potential targets due to the lack of a block that acts as a way to prevent Mord’s influence but they themselves aren’t insane. Something happened to Aerin and I don’t think it was as simple as losing contact with the Pale Tree.

Could we have Soundless enemies? Certainly but I don’t think they themselves are an aggressive culture of Sylvari.

Lastly, the idea that Sylvari are an anti-body… I’m not seeing it. It’s more asinine than the theory that the seed that births the Trees are connected to Mord and suggesting the Pale Tree is some form of lineage/champion. I’m actually more comfortable with the idea that Ronan and Ventari played a vital role with the power of suggestion to influence the Pale Tree’s ideas than to say that the Sylvari are are apart of Tyria’s immune system…. The EDs are suggested to be Tyria’s immune system: they rise, they destroy, go back to sleep, and after everything is demolished – it eventually goes back. Almost like controlled burns. They don’t consume the essence of magic like it was believed, they re-purpose it and through the lands left in devastation, new life sprouts up.

IE: Mt. St. Helens

in Living World

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

If anything, the Soundless in Caledon forest are more peaceful than normal Sylvari.