Mordremoth wont die in Season 2

in Living World

Posted by: CaptainVanguard.4925

CaptainVanguard.4925

With only 2 episode’s left to go, Mordremoth’s minions are the only thing that are a core presence in this season, and we have been told the dragon is awakening, it hasn’t fully awakened yet.

To kill it off that soon would be too early and it’d be essentially a waste of a dragon, so I doubt we are going to see him die this season.

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Isn’t the whole point of our current attack to kill it before it fully awakens though?

But then again, I don’t really think we will actually manage to kill it, so I have a feeling we might see its full awakening (and its consequences) during the last episode.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Not very interested in the dragon itself. I am just wondering if they are setting the game up to visit other parts of the world.

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Not very interested in the dragon itself. I am just wondering if they are setting the game up to visit other parts of the world.

I think so, since some cataclysmic event is being hyped up in early teaser. I would like to at least see mordy though. The artistic design of the creatures in gw2 is stunning and i cant wait to see him in all his glory.

I remember not being disappointed at seeing Zhaitan, despite seeming rather small For a creature who caused a land to raise on his awakening.

in Living World

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

We already know we wont kill Mordremoth in S2.

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

Do we?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

I remember not being disappointed at seeing Zhaitan, despite seeming rather small For a creature who caused a land to raise on his awakening.

Even with it still being dwarfed by his original model, Zhaitan was pretty huge, especially compared to the sizes of the dragon champions. Though, I’ll agree not entire region raising huge, but it’s probably chalked up to magical might beats physics. Plus, a creature big enough to actually be able to pull that off would be ludicrous.

I’d imagine something like that is going to happen at the end of season 2 as well. Try as we might, we fail to kill Mordy in the end, and he/it truly “awakens” and rises out of the ground. Tyria then proceeds to go to hell in a skillfully woven Modrum vine hand basket.

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Even with it still being dwarfed by his original model, Zhaitan was pretty huge, especially compared to the sizes of the dragon champions. Though, I’ll agree not entire region raising huge, but it’s probably chalked up to magical might beats physics. Plus, a creature big enough to actually be able to pull that off would be ludicrous.

I’d imagine something like that is going to happen at the end of season 2 as well. Try as we might, we fail to kill Mordy in the end, and he/it truly “awakens” and rises out of the ground. Tyria then proceeds to go to hell in a skillfully woven Modrum vine hand basket.

Oh I understand that entirely. And it was also a perspective thing. I just expected a much bigger dragon. He still looked cool though

Of course…we wont discuss the actual fight now…..

in Living World

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

With only 2 episode’s left to go, Mordremoth’s minions are the only thing that are a core presence in this season, and we have been told the dragon is awakening, it hasn’t fully awakened yet.

To kill it off that soon would be too early and it’d be essentially a waste of a dragon, so I doubt we are going to see him die this season.

Actually, you’re making a kittenumption that there’s only 2 episodes remaining, just because we had a break after 4 episodes and they called it ‘mid-season’ doesn’t necessarily mean there are 4 more left, there could be more…and it has been stated(the A.net statement has been copied in other threads that they didn’t want to tell us how many episodes remain), though I doubt we’ll kill him within the next 2 episodes. I seriously doubt there’s only 2 episodes remaining in the season either.

in Living World

Posted by: Tic Tac Toe.1482

Tic Tac Toe.1482

The end of this season likely ends with the egg hatching into Glint Jr. who will help us in the fight with mordremoth during the next season.

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

The dragon will likely awaken in the season finale. Chances are they’ll bring back Rytlock at the very end too with some sort of great discovery.

in Living World

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

This is what I’m hoping for. I think it’s too early to kill of the Jungle Dragon esp. since we have some unanswered lore questions (Examples: Caithe’s secret, the fate of the egg, the Sylvari dragon minion controversy, the Pale Tree’s condition, etc.).

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

Actually, you’re making a kittenumption that there’s only 2 episodes remaining, just because we had a break after 4 episodes and they called it ‘mid-season’ doesn’t necessarily mean there are 4 more left, there could be more…and it has been stated(the A.net statement has been copied in other threads that they didn’t want to tell us how many episodes remain), though I doubt we’ll kill him within the next 2 episodes. I seriously doubt there’s only 2 episodes remaining in the season either.

The problem is that if there is more than 2 episodes left that would basically mean that we will have yet another break between episode 8 and episode 9 seeing as ArenaNet usually (and very likely also will this year) takes a holiday break during the Christmas and New Years holidays. Which would mean that a potential episode 9 would not come until middle/end of January at the earliest.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

Which would mean that a potential episode 9 would not come until middle/end of January at the earliest.

I wouldn’t mind that at all. It would mean I would finally get some undisturbed alone time to play DA:I.

in Living World

Posted by: Mental Paradox.3845

Mental Paradox.3845

When will you people realize we’re not SUPPOSED to kill Mordremoth?

We’re already implied to have severely destabilized the world by killing Zhaitan, killing another dragon would be a disaster.

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

We’re already implied to have severely destabilized the world by killing Zhaitan, killing another dragon would be a disaster.

As far as I’m aware, they only impact how much magic is in the world. Not really destabilization.

in Living World

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

From what I understand that much magic running around is a really bad idea. Theres many parralels in fantasy literature to “wild magic” usually reffered to as times of extreme stress. In those literature works spontaneous combustion whats actually a possibility when you woke up in the morning.

When I look at tyria though magic tends to condence. This means that the expelled magic of just elder dragon would eventually create a cataclysm event similar to a dragon waking up. But what if the released energy was that of 2…or 3 elder dragons. The results of release of force aren’t always proportional. It could be exponential in this case. The energy of three elder dragons rupturing in one place could be enough to blow a hole all the way to the mantle.

Talk about a bad day o.O

Ghost Yak

in Living World

Posted by: Cole Eyre.8471

Cole Eyre.8471

FWIW, I think LS2 is a set up for an expansion pack where your new PS is to kill Morty.

in Living World

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Isn’t the whole point of our current attack to kill it before it fully awakens though?

But then again, I don’t really think we will actually manage to kill it, so I have a feeling we might see its full awakening (and its consequences) during the last episode.

Didn’t we give ol’ Mordy a lot of time to wake while we went on a break from September to November?

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in Living World

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

The dragon will likely awaken in the season finale. Chances are they’ll bring back Rytlock at the very end too with some sort of great discovery.

What do you mean the dragon will awaken at the season finale? Mordremoth is already awake hence why everything is going to kitten with his minions running about.
Unless you meant the egg.

in Living World

Posted by: Xukavi.4320

Xukavi.4320

What do you mean the dragon will awaken at the season finale? Mordremoth is already awake hence why everything is going to kitten with his minions running about.

The same way Zaihtan awoke and raised Orr and caused the tidal waves that destroyed lots of places and Kralkatorric awakening and creating The Brand. We want to see Mordremoth create such Cataclysmic events that change the landscape. Though coming to think of it, we’re already seeing the effects of his awakening in the Maguuma Wastes and we’ve seen it in some other regions too.

Anyways, I don’t think Mordremoth will be killed this Season either, I’m of the opinion that this will lead into an expansion to kill him. Also, who said that its only 2 episodes left this season anyways? The way I see it, we’re getting a new part of the armor set each episode. Full armor sets are 6 pieces and we’ve already gotten 2. If anything we thoretically should still have at least 4 more episodes to go to continue that trend.

Elyas Wolfbane – Ranger, Xukavi – Thief

in Living World

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

There’s three options (in the short run)

1) The plan succeeds, We kill mordremoth this or the next season before it awakens.
2) The plan fails 1, Mordremoth awakens and causes a natural disaster which changes the game
3) The plan fails 2, Mordremoth awakens and causes a natural disaster which anet will most likely ignore/neglect

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

It is very unlikely that it is fully awake.
They can create and control minions even without being awake though. A great example of that is the Great Destroyer and the Destroyers in Eye of the North, which were minions of Primordus and yet Primordus didn’t wake up until rather many years later.

If it had woken up, we would have seen some sort of catastrophe most likely.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

The problem is that if there is more than 2 episodes left that would basically mean that we will have yet another break between episode 8 and episode 9 seeing as ArenaNet usually (and very likely also will this year) takes a holiday break during the Christmas and New Years holidays. Which would mean that a potential episode 9 would not come until middle/end of January at the earliest.

And? Season 1 lasted from January 2013 until March 2014, with plenty of breaks for seasonal content.

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

And? Season 1 lasted from January 2013 until March 2014, with plenty of breaks for seasonal content.

And people complained like mad that it took so long (one thing to keep in mind however is that the first few chapters were released over a couple of MONTHs rather than a couple of weeks.

They already told us that they have listen to the criticism and will make the new seasons shorter and more focused.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

It is very unlikely that it is fully awake.
They can create and control minions even without being awake though. A great example of that is the Great Destroyer and the Destroyers in Eye of the North, which were minions of Primordus and yet Primordus didn’t wake up until rather many years later.

If it had woken up, we would have seen some sort of catastrophe most likely.

It’s not yet (fully) awoken, because they bring with them an environmental calamaty when they do.
Kralkatorrik ripped the earth open,
Jormag sunk half the shiverpeakrange,
Zhaitan rose Orr, which flooded Balthazar’s Isles,
Bubbles (I still doubt he is a waterdragon) has a permanent raging storm in the sea
Primordium has activated several volcanoes and flooded the underground where the Asura and Dredge lived with lava and magma.

My presumption for Mordremoth is something to element of hims stripping/absorbing the green life of a large portion of the world. Turning possibly the western side of tyria in a dried wasteland

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Do we?

No, ANet’s extremely tight lipped about future content. I think it’s more that we’re hoping so, because with 2 episodes left… well we can’t honestly do it justice. Think about the Battle for LA, it had a lot of lead up and was spread over a couple of patches.

Well we’re definitely getting a break over Christmas, so that’s a month or so of no content. Understandable and all (it’s Christmas after all), still I think a month minimum likely closer to 2 months.

No we’ve only had hints that it might destabilize, we haven’t seen any of this destabilizing yet. So at this point it’s still a theory.

FWIW, I think LS2 is a set up for an expansion pack where your new PS is to kill Morty.

That would be nice, but doubtful. ANet (or any game company for that matter) would announce an expansion back months ahead of time (for marketing reasons and stuff). So if ANet plans to do that, we’ll basically be seeing little to no new content for a good part of a year until the xpac drops. Would be funny if ANet announces “we’ve got an expansion back, it’s coming out next week” but unlikely.

When an ED awakes it usually involves cataclysmic disaster. With Mordy we’ve not yet seen much destruction (when compared to the other EDs). So the theory is that, it’s awakening more than awake, and once it awakes and rises we’d see massive destruction and chaos (which we’re trying to avoid).

in Living World

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

I hope that all of this is a prelude to an expansion.