More Bosses like liadri please!

in Living World

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

With upcoming gauntlets back, I would want to remember how good was Liadri!

that is pretty much the unique prove of skill we had in the game. The mini only obtainable for those that could beat her is awesome, since only the players that are able to kill such a real hard boss can show up his made!

PS: If you come here crying “Liadri was buggy”, “Liadri is stupid” and etc… that means that YOU was not able to beat her and now is crying over because you are not good enough for such harders content like that

in Living World

Posted by: popaz.1524

popaz.1524

Good thread, +1

in Living World

Posted by: Cold Hearted Person.6154

Cold Hearted Person.6154

I will suprise you saying that i did kill her(on 6th try) and still am complaning on buggy fight, things like camera issue or orbs being obstructed when targeted by range attacks.

But well, it was mostly about mechanics, once you figured out the patern it was rather easy fight, for both conditions and direct power users.

in Living World

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I only ask that we get more fights like Liadri…for a dungeon. I’m sorry, Liadri as a dungeon boss with more HP? YES PLEASE!

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Living World

Posted by: juggulator.2907

juggulator.2907

Well Liadri is the Concealing Dark… this coming Gauntlet they put in Suriel the Blazing Light…

in Living World

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

PS: If you come here crying “Liadri was buggy”, “Liadri is stupid” and etc… that means that YOU was not able to beat her and now is crying over because you are not good enough for such harders content like that

Pre-emptive strike much? Yikes.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

(edited by Redenaz.8631)

in Living World

Posted by: nightwulf.1986

nightwulf.1986

Well Liadri is the Concealing Dark… this coming Gauntlet they put in Suriel the Blazing Light…

Attachments:

in Living World

juggulator.2907

I can imagine Suriel doing something like that… I wonder if she has a mini too…

in Living World

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

What’s so special about Liadri? she was a boss made specially for certain classes. I did it second run on my zerker warrior…then i overfarmed her. Easiest boss ever for a zerker warrior. Try it with other classes and things get complicated really fast.

A good boss is not a boss that’s hand-tailored for a select few classes. A good boss is one that all classes have difficulties to beat and have to come up with strategies.

in Living World

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

Um… Suriel was available on the first Gauntlet…

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Suriel_the_Blazing_Light

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

in Living World

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

What’s so special about Liadri? she was a boss made specially for certain classes. I did it second run on my zerker warrior…then i overfarmed her. Easiest boss ever for a zerker warrior. Try it with other classes and things get complicated really fast.

A good boss is not a boss that’s hand-tailored for a select few classes. A good boss is one that all classes have difficulties to beat and have to come up with strategies.

The problem about your statement is this mate: Warrior. If anyone has problems doing content with a Warrior… well…

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

in Living World

MauricioCezar.2673

I know a bunch of full zerk warriors that have not been able to beat she . Also, I’ve beat her with my ele, and as far I know, the overall thinkning was that mesmer was the best profession to beat dat boss

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Not necessarily. Conditions are the best way to beat Liadri; just slap them all on her and then keep your distance as they melt her. Direct damage has more problems, but it can be done. Builds that rely heavily on pets (like Minion Masters or phantasm Mesmers) will be at a severe disadvantage due to the shadowfalls, however.

I did beat her the first time around, although I couldn’t get the Light Up the Darkness achievement. Looking forward to finally getting it this time around.

in Living World

juggulator.2907

Um… Suriel was available on the first Gauntlet…

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Suriel_the_Blazing_Light

Whoops my bad. Guess I just didn’t remember her.

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

No. No more. Bosses with cheap one-hit kills are not fun or needed in this game.

in Living World

MauricioCezar.2673

No. No more. Bosses with cheap one-hit kills are not fun or needed in this game.

If you dislike it, don’t do it.

Translated by bing : If you are not able to do it, don’t cry over it.

in Living World

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

Except the one hit kill was patterned and easily avoided, so, that’s really an issue of skill. As for people saying warrior was the easiest, I’d argue engineer and guardian were the easiest, but out of that, i only beat her with thief, warrior, ele, and ranger. But the engi just being able to throw nades behind you or drop bombs where she’ll obviously walk over after her shield is down, was a cake walk of a fight.

in Living World

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

I hope they leave the previous achievements/mini’s out of it and put in new ones.
Not everyone will agree of course, but I just feel it’s a nice exclusive thing to have: the mini Liadri.

Still, if they do I’m sure they have their good reasons.

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur

in Living World

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

Except the one hit kill was patterned and easily avoided, so, that’s really an issue of skill. As for people saying warrior was the easiest, I’d argue engineer and guardian were the easiest, but out of that, i only beat her with thief, warrior, ele, and ranger. But the engi just being able to throw nades behind you or drop bombs where she’ll obviously walk over after her shield is down, was a cake walk of a fight.

Except not always. As a mesmer if the cosmic rift spawned on the other side of the field from me I can not physically reach it before it fires off, so it then becomes a 50/50 chance if I was pulled into death or not, and there was no amount of skill that helped me there.

Liadri wasn’t hard, Liadri was cheap. There is a difference. I’m all for hard bosses, but i’d like it to be better than Liadri.

in Living World

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Umm.. they haven’t put her in, she’s a tier 1 or 2 boss in the Queen’s Gauntlet. Liadri was the end boss of tier 3. You beat Suriel quite early on, also a nice fight

And yes, signed on OP’s request for more bosses like Liadri. She was a menace and real challenge, but I got her in the end

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in Living World

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

I think Liadri was buggy and creating fake difficulty by bad design and relying on luck rather than skill to beat.

My mini says hi.

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Vlad.1739

Vlad.1739

Liadri was one of the worst bosses designed in GW2. I chose not to beat it when I reached her after 15 attempts. For color deficient people it was impossible to see where the one shot sky beams were coming from. So point one ground texture of the arena was bad I and many others could not make out where to go unless I was constantly putting my camera to the sky. Some people said their was a pattern to the beams but seriously memorizing patterns is not a good mechanic so the fight was in my opinion not worth attempting 50+ times. Fighting Liadri was like trying to look to your left and right at the same time (impossible). One shot mechanics with poor tells are bad especially if they are high frequency attacks. Second there was some luck factor to the fight but it could be overcome, I am alright with that. I agree with some of the artificial difficulty it was hard for all the wrong reasons.

If you beat Liadri it was A: not color deficient B: could be kitten d to memorize a pattern C: got lucky and spent a day trying.

I value my time enough not to play content that is broken for me.

If search function worked you would be able to look up a big thread of about the ground texture making the fight broken for color deficient people.

So in actuality you should not want more bosses like Liadri. You should want well designed fair bosses that require on your part a low margin of error and strategy.

in Living World

A Massive Headache.1879

Except not always. As a mesmer if the cosmic rift spawned on the other side of the field from me I can not physically reach it before it fires off, so it then becomes a 50/50 chance if I was pulled into death or not, and there was no amount of skill that helped me there.

Liadri wasn’t hard, Liadri was cheap. There is a difference. I’m all for hard bosses, but i’d like it to be better than Liadri.

That lies with an inherent problem of mesmers, honestly i’d say they were probably the most difficult class to use against her because of this, lack of mobility. Blink would be virtually mandatory against her, for just that occasion, maybe even portal for her second phase to escape her and quickly go between aoe fields.

And something I forgot to mention, at least half the arenas were actually bugged, but it was consistent. By bugged, I mean the aoes didn’t line up properly, they were off center. That was actually kind of a serious issue.

in Living World

MauricioCezar.2673

Guys, if you dislike a content, don’t blame devs for the things that you own disagree (Or can’t do). if it is a challenge to evade every one-shot attack, then let it be! If it is a challenge to memorize the pattern of attacks, well, that is a challenge!

It was a boss designed to be beaten by only 10% of community, what you guys call of “Bugs” was there just to increase the dificulty overall.

Some people can’t see a hard content that always says that is “Buggy” or “Stupid”. So funny

PS: Bugs or not, it made the battle even more hard! Its a challenge after all.

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

So cheap bugs equal more challenge for you eh?…yeah, you’re either a troll or just moronic.

in Living World

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Use Blink…

in Living World

A Massive Headache.1879

Use Blink…

yeah, that teleporty skill mesmers have. kind of a requirement for the fight i’d assume.

in Living World

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

I beat her. The fight still represented everything wrong with GW2 combat.

in Living World

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Guys, if you dislike a content, don’t blame devs for the things that you own disagree (Or can’t do). if it is a challenge to evade every one-shot attack, then let it be! If it is a challenge to memorize the pattern of attacks, well, that is a challenge!

It was a boss designed to be beaten by only 10% of community, what you guys call of “Bugs” was there just to increase the dificulty overall.

Some people can’t see a hard content that always says that is “Buggy” or “Stupid”. So funny

PS: Bugs or not, it made the battle even more hard! Its a challenge after all.

One of the worst posts I have ever read. Bugs are not cool.

in Living World

A Massive Headache.1879

I beat her. The fight still represented everything wrong with GW2 combat.

That would be underwater combat. the fight itself was fine.
Most of the bugs could be easily avoided by guesting to a low population server, taking note of which arenas had centered aoe. The camera never bothered me at all, probably because i realized it was wonky fighting my way up to her and learned how to adapt to it

(edited by A Massive Headache.1879)

in Living World

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

There wasn’t any specific problem with Liadri. The fight just emphasised many of the design issues the gauntlet itself had.
Even if all the hanging cage thing might sound cool at first glance, it doesn’t matter how cool some idea is when it affects so negatively the player experience.

Having a zerg farming right below you achieved nothing but a performance drop, which was quite weird for the only intended PvE combat skill test in the whole game. Even in the absence of a zerg, the unnecesarily huge size of the area was enough to make low profile computers to suffer.
IMHO, the gauntlet should be somehow instanced. According to some other parts of the game, like the submarine path in CoE, the “falling into the zerg” effect should be possible even this way.

Cage walls were probably the biggest issue, which was reproduced again several months later during the marionette event (can’t know if the issue was addressed or not, Marionette cages were just too close to each other).
We usually stand on isolated platforms during jumping puzzles and most of the time there are no camera issues involved. This is a problem entirely caused by walls, invisible or not.
IMHO this kind of walls should be avoided, even if it means that players might fall off to death (could also be prevented by using a low heighted wall around the platform, which wouldn’t create any issues as long as there’s a slight elevation on the camera angle). I don’t remind being able to knock off any NPC, wall or not, on my entire game experience, so I guess this shouldn’t be a problem.
If walls are needed to prevent interaction between platforms, a big flat invisible wall in the middle of nowhere should be enough.
Any other texture, like vertical chains, can also produce this kind of effects an should be avoided. Finding a solution for this without granting players an escape route might, however, be trickier than expected :P

Floor textures were also a problem. As I previously said, there was no epicness at all on being able to spot a zerg fighting below, just annoyance cause the FPS drop. A few big simple metal plates could work better.
Ideally, asura platforms, like the ones on the thaumanova reactor fractal end boss, could do the job without requiring a single vertical chain. On the other hand, it might not be the best option lore wise.

Even if I really hope to find that devs have learnt from previous mistakes and most of these QoL issues have been fixed, I’m quite afraid we’re going to get pretty much the same gauntlet we played last time :S

(edited by Vargamonth.2047)

in Living World

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

As someone who beat Liadri and also managed the orb achievement I would rather not see more content like this added to limited time events. This is mainly because I do not really wish to sit around waiting for a chance to use the gauntlet while people fail at the boss for an hour straight. If they make content like Liadri permanent I am all for it though.