Most Disliked LS Bosses?

Most Disliked LS Bosses?

in Living World

Posted by: Eragon.8234

Eragon.8234

What is everyone’s most disliked Living Story boss. LS1, LS2, and LS3.
I never did LS1, I will list the only boss I know that was in it. I will also add the bosses from the new maps. If I miss any bosses, plz let me know, but which one is yall’s most disliked?
LS1:
1st/2nd Scarlet
The Marionette
Toxic Hybrid
Mai Trin
Molten Bosses
LS2:
Saboteur Aeron
The Gigantic Mordrem Terragriff in LS2:Tangled Paths
1st/2nd Shadow of the Dragon
Togonn Windmane
Asuran Inquest guy we fight as Caithe
Boss in Glint’s Lair
LS3
Sloth
Dominator
Fire Wurm
Pyro Jade
Justiciar Adrienne
Jade Construct in LS3: Confessor’s Stronghold
Unbound Guardian
Justiciar Hablion
Bloodstone Elemental

My most disliked LS boss is Saboteur Aerin, I absolutely HATE this boss, more then any other boss in the game.

(edited by Eragon.8234)

Most Disliked LS Bosses?

in Living World

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

From Living Story only?
Without any doubt, the only one I really hate and despise and would like to transform into jerky with the bigger hammer at hand is Windmane .
Why? Because is the only boss that I HAD to kill without my own character, but using Caithe weird skillset instead. His achievements are also in a whole different level of stupid, unless you get to do them with a group… which I wish you good luck to find, because, really, no one wants to kill this awful manhorse a second time.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Most Disliked LS Bosses?

in Living World

Posted by: Tyloric.7520

Tyloric.7520

Any of the Jades. They’re such boring fights.

Casteless Wind [Guild Wars 2]
The Secksy Monk [Guild Wars 1]
Stormbluff Isle – Storm Slayer Dragons [SDS]

Most Disliked LS Bosses?

in Living World

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Pyro Jade is the best. As a soloist, allowing 1 person to carry the team is my favorite kind of design. It aggros on the top damage and by being in melee, that person can make it easier on everyone else. Because you have to be #1 however, it can also reveal a sad truth. If only all bosses had scoreboards at the end to encourage competition and were actually factored into contribution instead of 1 hit tagging.

Most Disliked LS Bosses?

in Living World

Posted by: Tyloric.7520

Tyloric.7520

Pyro Jade is the best. As a soloist, allowing 1 person to carry the team is my favorite kind of design. It aggros on the top damage and by being in melee, that person can make it easier on everyone else. Because you have to be #1 however, it can also reveal a sad truth. If only all bosses had scoreboards at the end to encourage competition and were actually factored into contribution instead of 1 hit tagging.

I stand by what I said.

Casteless Wind [Guild Wars 2]
The Secksy Monk [Guild Wars 1]
Stormbluff Isle – Storm Slayer Dragons [SDS]

Most Disliked LS Bosses?

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

You are missing some though. The Glints Lair boss for starters. I’m tempted to name this as the worst instance boss, simply because despite having excellent mechanics, those mechanics often trip over themselves a bit and it loses its tightness. However, it’s excellent mechanics also make it a contender for for best.

There are also 2 Shadow of the Dragon fights – which are different to each other. And I see no reason why Vinewrath shouldn’t count if we are counting open world ones in LS3. Also that Asuran Inquest guy we fight as Caithe is a boss.

LS1 has Marionette, Toxic Hybrid, the LA Watchwork Knight things, Mai Trin and Molten Bosses. Don’t forget we have Scarlet twice as well – Queen’s Jubilee and Battle for LA

I think I’ll name the LS3 open world ones though as the worst, simply because except Justiciar Hablion and Unbound, they aren’t on par as bosses

- Molten Dominator is way too quick and easy
- Jade Pyro has too much HP and doesn’t use the mechanics enough to counter that
- Unbound is just a zergfest. It could easily use the green circles as a greater factor
- The Jades are a chain of fights identical to each other. They needed variation in mechanics.
- The White Mantle ones are just normal champs. They’re fine, just not really bosses.
- Bloodstone Elemental is generally in a good place as is Hablion.

Best goes to Marionette hands down. Perfectly balanced between success and failure and great fun. Scarlet is a very close second.

(edited by Randulf.7614)

Most Disliked LS Bosses?

in Living World

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Definitely Eir and Mother-tree in trebulation mode.

Most Disliked LS Bosses?

in Living World

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I hated most boss fights in LS season 2 because there was so much beating around the bush and annoying mechanics. Especially the one in glint’s lair, god that one sucked.. Just let me slash and hack at him until he dies..

I don’t mind giving the boss very powerful attacks that you need to dodge or take cover from. But any mechanic that makes me do something other than actually fighting the boss, I hate. I mean what is the point of a boss fight if you do not fight the boss.

What I would consider a good mechanic
Every now and then, the boss starts throwing grenades all over the place that have to be dodged or you will recieve loads of damage.

What I would consider a bad mechanic
The boss has some sort of shield that makes him immune to all damage. To lift this immunity, attack his minions who drop certain energy orbs. Throw those orbs at the boss, once you've thrown enough his immunity is lifted for 10 seconds, then you can fight him. Once his immunity is back, you do it over again. (I hate mechanics like this with a burning passion)

I mean for raid, dungeon and world bosses I guess it makes sense, but not for story missions (imo).

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

Most Disliked LS Bosses?

in Living World

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

The godkitten Champ Crazed Whispers Agent. Completely immune to CC, focus-fires a single target to death, no rewards of significance for doing him, and he just harasses everyone in Bloodstone Fen’s jungle.

Most Disliked LS Bosses?

in Living World

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

From Living Story only?
Without any doubt, the only one I really hate and despise and would like to transform into jerky with the bigger hammer at hand is Windmane .
Why? Because is the only boss that I HAD to kill without my own character, but using Caithe weird skillset instead. His achievements are also in a whole different level of stupid, unless you get to do them with a group… which I wish you good luck to find, because, really, no one wants to kill this awful manhorse a second time.

Agree on every point, its hardest of LS2. more harder and troublesome than Shadow of Dragon.

Most Disliked LS Bosses?

in Living World

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

The one I dislike the most, that giant crystal in glint’s lair. It was so boring: the only way to damage hims was through a load of mechanics.

EverythingOP

Most Disliked LS Bosses?

in Living World

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

AERIN by a mile. No, by a thousand miles.

Reason 1: I’m okay with jumping and I’m okay with fighting (duh). But my reaction times are not great, so it takes me a few seconds to “readjust” from jumping to fighting and vice versa. That boss battle barely gives me the time. I jump to his platform and he knocks me back down before I get a chance to go into “battle mode” and deal much damage.

Reason 2: The fight is at the end of a long and boring instance, and the fight itself takes a lot of time… which wouldn’t be much of a problem, but it’s also the only battle that crashed my game TWICE, and I absolutely dreaded doing it on an alt.

Windmane was actually a walkover on my second playthrough with a celestial engi. Remember that while you have to fight as Caithe, your stats and traits are still your own. So beef up your build with some defensive attributes, traits and whatnot. Caithe’s OP abilities will still pack a decent punch, but you also won’t die so much.

(edited by Ariurotl.3718)

Most Disliked LS Bosses?

in Living World

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

AERON by a mile. No, by a thousand miles.

Reason 1: I’m okay with jumping and I’m okay with fighting (duh). But my reaction times are not great, so it takes me a few seconds to “readjust” from jumping to fighting and vice versa. That boss battle barely gives me the time. I jump to his platform and he knocks me back down before I get a chance to go into “battle mode” and deal much damage.

Reason 2: The fight is at the end of a long and boring instance, and the fight itself takes a lot of time… which wouldn’t be much of a problem, but it’s also the only battle that crashed my game TWICE, and I absolutely dreaded doing it on an alt.

Windmane was actually a walkover on my second playthrough with a celestial engi. Remember that while you have to fight as Caithe, your stats and traits are still your own. So beef up your build with some defensive attributes, traits and whatnot. Caithe’s OP abilities will still pack a decent punch, but you also won’t die so much.

The actual fight with Windmane isn’t that bad, but getting the achievements is annoying since you can’t use your own skills.

Most Disliked LS Bosses?

in Living World

Posted by: Underdark.3726

Underdark.3726

Mai Trin. Still hate her in the fractals.

Most Disliked LS Bosses?

in Living World

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

The long and boring instance applies to Windmane too. It is okay the first time, but that’s all. To get the achievements you have to do everything again from the beginning. And if you die once, you have to do everything again from the begining. And if you miss a dodge, you have to do everything again from the beginning. And… so on.

I didn’t even remember Aerin. Shouldn’t have been so bad for me. (Or maybe it was so bad the trauma erased the episode from my memory..)

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Most Disliked LS Bosses?

in Living World

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

The long and boring instance applies to Windmane too. It is okay the first time, but that’s all. To get the achievements you have to do everything again from the beginning. And if you die once, you have to do everything again from the begining. And if you miss a dodge, you have to do everything again from the beginning. And… so on.

I didn’t even remember Aerin. Shouldn’t have been so bad for me. (Or maybe it was so bad the trauma erased the episode from my memory..)

Aerin was a lot better when I went back through to get the achievements. Windmane is the opposite. Dodging all of the hits and whatnot makes for not a very fun fight, especially since I can’t use my own skillset to do it. Was much easier when I could just take a hit when I needed to in order to get a big burst down on him, but you can’t do that for the achievements.