My god these last current events * u * .

in Living World

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Ok i gotta say these last couple of current events (destroyer scythe, shadowstone/krait oil and now caladbolg) are so kittening good like srsly if this is what collections can be from now on i can die right now. It’s so good the last “guest” collection for caladbolg felt like an actuall legendary and it made the collection not feel like a chore. I dont know what to say i really hope the collection in the next expansion can be like this and the every collection from here on out.

in Living World

Posted by: The Chosen One.5369

The Chosen One.5369

I donno i was a little disapointed with the weapons. I was hoping there would be a staff in there the potentail for a beautiful staff was great but there wasnt one.

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

I donno i was a little disapointed with the weapons. I was hoping there would be a staff in there the potentail for a beautiful staff was great but there wasnt one.

they had to pick any 5 types of weapons because they had to take into acount how many people would’ve beaten HoT.
They based the set on the 5 base characters so even players without extra character slots could do it. It’s on point of all achievements that everyone should be able to do them.
If they made a sixth weapon, then you get dangerously close to the ‘pay2win’ discussion (I mean, it’s only fashionable, but since there are AP tied to it..)

But I agree somewhat in your point, and I think it’s kind of a shame there are two greatswords in the collection. I personally think the low tier greatsword shouldn’t have been there, only the final reward version

in Living World

zealex.9410

they had to pick any 5 types of weapons because they had to take into acount how many people would’ve beaten HoT.
They based the set on the 5 base characters so even players without extra character slots could do it. It’s on point of all achievements that everyone should be able to do them.
If they made a sixth weapon, then you get dangerously close to the ‘pay2win’ discussion (I mean, it’s only fashionable, but since there are AP tied to it..)

But I agree somewhat in your point, and I think it’s kind of a shame there are two greatswords in the collection. I personally think the low tier greatsword shouldn’t have been there, only the final reward version

thre are not 2 gs the old caladbolg was a gs so its fitting there an upgraded one (you simply get the old one’s skin at the end.)

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Ok i gotta say these last couple of current events (destroyer scythe, shadowstone/krait oil and now caladbolg) are so kittening good like srsly if this is what collections can be from now on i can die right now. It’s so good the last “guest” collection for caladbolg felt like an actuall legendary and it made the collection not feel like a chore. I dont know what to say i really hope the collection in the next expansion can be like this and the every collection from here on out.

I have to agree, this was really fun to do. took me back to places Id not been to in a while, Like Arora Remains. Not been there since I mapped it, almost forgot it was there.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Living World

Posted by: BlooDyliCious.5824

BlooDyliCious.5824

I have to agree, this was really fun to do. took me back to places Id not been to in a while, Like Arora Remains. Not been there since I mapped it, almost forgot it was there.

Or that underwater tunnel in the Grove. In my 4+ years of playing I didn’t even know it was there.

in Living World

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Ok i gotta say these last couple of current events (destroyer scythe, shadowstone/krait oil and now caladbolg) are so kittening good like srsly if this is what collections can be from now on i can die right now.

Wait, what collection was connected to the Shadowstone/Krait Oil quests?? It ended abruptly for me and I am still waiting for the whole point of it. What did I miss?

Yes, enjoyed that Caladbolg journey, it was nice, lovely story. Funny enough, I had been to many of those places just a couple of days ago for the Nevermore collection. ^^

in Living World

Posted by: Eirian Direstorm.9748

Eirian Direstorm.9748

I really enjoyed it too, and even felt kind of emotional about the whole thing. Though Trahearne got a lot of hate, I always liked him and had been bummed that there was so little made of his death, while Eir had the whole memorial thing. (Not that she shouldn’t have that). All of it felt emotionally satisfying. Hats off, to the writers and voice actors.

I also really like the skins and plan to eventually get all the actual weapons, since I have a few of the broken swords cluttering my bank, and the unstable magic packets make the ascended mats much easier to get.

in Living World

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Though Trahearne got a lot of hate

I liked the character but was annoyed by the voice actor who played him, because he sounded like a robot with no emotions, gave the character absolutely no depth. Really bad casting there.

and had been bummed that there was so little made of his death

Yes, it was quite confusing that there was nothing big for him like for Eir.

P.S. Can someone respond to this, please:

Ok i gotta say these last couple of current events (destroyer scythe, shadowstone/krait oil and now caladbolg) are so kittening good like srsly if this is what collections can be from now on i can die right now.

Wait, what collection was connected to the Shadowstone/Krait Oil quests?? It ended abruptly for me and I am still waiting for the whole point of it. What did I miss?

in Living World

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

I enjoyed the Caladbolg quest and collection very much. As a sylvari main, I feel it’s fitting that we finally get to officially keep the thing as a powerful planty weapon.

We did collect slivers, even if it wasn’t really a full-blown collection, but it was under the “Current Events” umbrella. To check if you’re missing any steps: look for “Burden of Choice” or http://dulfy.net/2016/10/04/gw2-october-4-current-events-guide/

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Yet another “good in concept, poor in execution” scavenger hunt.

in Living World

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

What was “poor in execution” according to you?

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

The scavenger hunt, obviously. Oh, you want details…well…

- While most of the mote’s hints were well enough, two in particular (the “hinterlands” and “wild lands” motes) were so vague that I spent half an hour searching for the former before asking for help, and probably might have ended up doing the same for the latter if I hadn’t read a part of a thread referencing the area for it.

- The shards. Upon finding the collection tab and reading up on the hints, I quickly realize they’re spread throughout the HoT zones and dread trying to search for them blind in huge vertical zones with nearly everything wanting to kill me. After some time looking for the first one, I went “forget it” and decided to wiki that crap, because sure enough, they’re either tucked away in spots you’ll never figure out yourself, or get close to but not quite.

It seems like someone behind the making of these just assumes that since most people are probably going to just look it up anyways, they make parts of it so vague/tedious/frustrating that people end up looking it up anyways…

The sad thing is, the story parts were nice. I just wish that annoying scavenger hunt wasn’t in the way of getting to them…but at least I never have to do it again.

in Living World

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

- While most of the mote’s hints were well enough, two in particular (the “hinterlands” and “wild lands” motes) were so vague that I spent half an hour searching for the former before asking for help, and probably might have ended up doing the same for the latter if I hadn’t read a part of a thread referencing the area for it.

- The shards. Upon finding the collection tab and reading up on the hints, I quickly realize they’re spread throughout the HoT zones and dread trying to search for them blind in huge vertical zones with nearly everything wanting to kill me. After some time looking for the first one, I went “forget it” and decided to wiki that crap, because sure enough, they’re either tucked away in spots you’ll never figure out yourself, or get close to but not quite.

It seems like someone behind the making of these just assumes that since most people are probably going to just look it up anyways, they make parts of it so vague/tedious/frustrating that people end up looking it up anyways…

The sad thing is, the story parts were nice. I just wish that annoying scavenger hunt wasn’t in the way of getting to them…but at least I never have to do it again.

Thanks for sharing, I was genuinely asking out of pure curiosity. Anyway I will have to disagree with you personally. What you found frustrating to look for felt amazing to me. I personally had no trouble to find the items (except for 2 items but anyway people talked about it on map), had no trouble going into the maps and remembering what the description of the item referred to. Over all I found it excellent because it made me go back into places I had forgotten about.

in Living World

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

I really liked how you went back to the Artesian waters and the fact we get some easy to get new skins (and an ascended weapon added to that). These current events are really nice, I hope they continue doing them. They also made sure to get the lore facts right and led us to interesting locations on the map.

in Living World

Posted by: KronosBaelfire.6289

KronosBaelfire.6289

I have to admit this Caladbolg current event is just difficult enough to not make me think half way through that I need to turn off GW2 and play something else to calm me down. Seriously, I’m glad we finally did something for Trahearne and I love the new weapon skins and title. Loved going back to old but familiar places too. My biggest gripe however is having to wait until AFTER reset to finish this event and get the title…seriously Anet?!

Attachments:

https://twitter.com/KronosBaelfire
http://gw2style.com/profile.php?id=9298
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” – Sun Tzu, The Art of War

(edited by KronosBaelfire.6289)

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Thanks for sharing, I was genuinely asking out of pure curiosity. Anyway I will have to disagree with you personally. What you found frustrating to look for felt amazing to me. I personally had no trouble to find the items (except for 2 items but anyway people talked about it on map), had no trouble going into the maps and remembering what the description of the item referred to. Over all I found it excellent because it made me go back into places I had forgotten about.

I agree with FLog. The riddles were one of the best bits. I had huge fun trying to work them out. A couple had me stumped for a bit and one I needed a Guildie to solve (who knew it without a second thought), but otherwise it was a brilliant scavenger hunt from my p.o.v.

in Living World

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I dunno i was a little disappointed with the weapons. I was hoping there would be a staff in there the potential for a beautiful staff was great but there wasn’t one.

There wasn’t a hammer, axe, or horn either, so it wasn’t useful for the one character I finished the story with.
Or rifle, or longbow, so even having it as my ranged alt wasn’t going to happen.

Still, I’m glad the event exists and that the writers cinched up something many players had concerns about the memorial.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Living World

zealex.9410

I dunno i was a little disappointed with the weapons. I was hoping there would be a staff in there the potential for a beautiful staff was great but there wasn’t one.

There wasn’t a hammer, axe, or horn either, so it wasn’t useful for the one character I finished the story with.
Or rifle, or longbow, so even having it as my ranged alt wasn’t going to happen.

Still, I’m glad the event exists and that the writers cinched up something many players had concerns about the memorial.

power druid runs sword tho

in Living World

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

My Sylvari ranger now is running Sword+Dagger/Greatsword, because one can never have too many Caladbolgs.

Attachments:

in Living World

zealex.9410

My Sylvari ranger now is running Sword+Dagger/Greatsword, because one can never have too many Caladbolgs.

AYE ^^

in Living World

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

You should totally rename him Calag the Bold.

in Living World

zealex.9410

You should totally rename him Calag the Bold.

~makes new male ranger sylvari~

in Living World

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Agreed. This is the kind of content that can keep this game alive. Definitely need more of it.

in Living World

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I agree with FLog. The riddles were one of the best bits. I had huge fun trying to work them out. A couple had me stumped for a bit and one I needed a Guildie to solve (who knew it without a second thought), but otherwise it was a brilliant scavenger hunt from my p.o.v.

I thought it was a great scavenger hunt too, I fully accept what Nilkemia is saying though; it’s very much lore/memory driven. The only one I had real problems with was Gendarran Fields because the clue said something about “these bountiful fields” so I was looking in the fields near Lake Bounty. Oh, and in Harathi I went into what I thought was the right place but was actually too far south in another cave and had to kill a bunch of unfortunate skritt to get back out.

Apart from the unintended skritticide it was great!

in Living World

Posted by: Ookamikun.6472

Ookamikun.6472

I kinda wish that the GS skin was the original Caladbolg, and the collected skins will give you an infinite use item that lets you use the Caladbolg “as itself” (i.e. the one you used in the Sylvari’s PS).