My hopes for Living World S2 storywise

in Living World

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

The journal is a great addition to the game, I’ve always said that if I wasn’t playing when LS started I would’ve never picked up the game because you couldn’t play past LS releases, the journal completely fixes that big outstanding issue.

The story in gw2 suffers, not because the writers are not the same ones that wrote gw1 but rather for the following reasons:

1 – Catering mostly to small preschool children that have no understanding of complex emotional concepts.

2 – There is no dark side evil in this game at all, the little evil there is, is limited by point 1, catering to small preschool children with no understanding of what evil truly means.

That ties the hands of the writers and limits the amount of things they can come up with, while neglecting what made Guild Wars lore so great in the 1st place.

So,

My hope for LS-S2 is that they stop making kindergarden / preschool approved stories and focus on complex emotions that young adults can actually get excited about while introducing some of the dark twists that made Guild Wars lore so great to begin with.

It is impossible to hide plot twists, make interesting content, get the gw2 populus excited if the emotions, morals and evil ideas involved have to be pre school level approved.

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

1: Ah yes, genocide, mass-destruction, death, loss of home and loved ones is perfect for preschool children…

2: Ironically enough the fact that you want something that is 100% evil would suggest that you are on the level you claim the story is.
In the real world there is nothing that is 100% evil, that only happens in cartoons and children stories.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Latinkuro.9420

1: Ah yes, genocide, mass-destruction, death, loss of home and loved ones is perfect for preschool children…

2: Ironically enough the fact that you want something that is 100% evil would suggest that you are on the level you claim the story is.
In the real world there is nothing that is 100% evil, that only happens in cartoons and children stories.

1 – yes those are present but the way it was done, is preschool level of complexity when it comes to emotions.
2 – who is talking about 100% evil lol, you seem to not understand what is being talked about here pls stay out of the thread.

/the end I will not reply to any further attempts from you.

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

1 – yes those are present but the way it was done, is preschool level of complexity when it comes to emotions.
2 – who is talking about 100% evil lol, you seem to not understand what is being talked about here pls stay out of the thread.

/the end I will not reply to any further attempts from you.

Please feel free to give an example of what you would have done different that would make it less “preschool”, because I for one wouldn’t want to show quite a few things in this game to people that young.

So what do you mean with true evil then?
True evil doesn’t exist in the real world, so why should it exist in the game?

There is always a reason as to why people act the way they do, and evil is in the eye of the beholder.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Latinkuro.9420

ugh again with this true evil kitten, I never used the word true evil !
but at least this time part of your post deserves a reply.

Dark side evil doesn’t mean to me what you think it means I guess.
my version of acceptable dark side evil would be along the lines of what the joker was in the dark knight

Something along those lines would be acceptable.

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

So basically not really evil at all, but rather chaotic?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Latinkuro.9420

look at the joker in that movie he is evil yet sometimes funny while also being cryptic.
his style makes it possible to be dark evil, hide plot twists and show complex emotions while not being gore.

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

No, the Joker is not evil.
He wants chaos, nothing else, and as such he wouldn’t really be classified as evil.

And funnily enough with all this is that Scarlet was basically a Joker-ish character in S1.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Latinkuro.9420

No, the Joker is not evil.
He wants chaos, nothing else, and as such he wouldn’t really be classified as evil.

And funnily enough with all this is that Scarlet was basically a Joker-ish character in S1.

yes, true scarlet was a joker type character but badly done.
why was scarlet badly done you ask ?
because of the limitations placed on the writers that’s why !
what limitations you ask ?
read original post

in Living World

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

story for kindergarden children really? Did we experience the same story? because i dont know in my time kindergarden stories didnt have people displaced due to terror action. They didnt have whole towns raised to the ground. The hero also got the girl, braham on the other hand he went through the whole save the damsel in distress thing only to have the girl leave with a rich merchant.They didnt include same sex relationships. They didnt have disabled characters. They didnt have one group of people taking advantage of refugees for financial gain. They didnt have chemical warfare in there. They didnt deal with indoctrination. They didnt deal with twisting a persons mind to get them to do what you want. Plenty of dark stuff in season 1 that you wouldnt find in most games much less a kinder garden level story.

Thing is the only thing scarlet had in common with the joker was they’re both mad but thats about it. Unlike the joker scarlet didnt do what she did for the sake of chaos. She had a target and a plan to achieve it and she did. We the players didnt win, sure Scarlet died but she still reached her goal. It still is to be seen if she manages to reach her ultimate target of actually freeing the sylvari from the pale tree but she did wake up the means for it. Provided even if she wasnt completely played by whoever voice she had in her head and what she did unlike what she believed had nothing to do with freeing the sylvari from anything.

I dont think the story was badly done, it was pretty good, not perfect sure but pretty good.