Mysterious Figure

Mysterious Figure

in Living World

Posted by: Vajra.3914

Vajra.3914

Did u notice? The centaur has been moved more on the edge of the cliff, now it’s visible by everybody near the WP!

Mysterious Figure

in Living World

Posted by: Fuin.8361

Fuin.8361

I don’t see it!

Mysterious Figure

in Living World

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

there it is
/15charr

Attachments:

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

Mysterious Figure

in Living World

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

Centaur race as new playable race confirmed? :-D

Mysterious Figure

in Living World

Posted by: Fuin.8361

Fuin.8361

Interesting… is this at the first wp in dry top?

Mysterious Figure

in Living World

Posted by: Vajra.3914

Vajra.3914

No, it’s the Prosperity Waypoint.

Mysterious Figure

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I heard that if you feed him that you get a precursor. I wonder what’s lying around in Prosperity that you can give him.

Mysterious Figure

in Living World

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

feed him the chicken feed

Mysterious Figure

in Living World

Posted by: Freeelancer.2860

Freeelancer.2860

Related to chickens, what’s with the pair of chickens stuck in the wall some 20m above ground level between the town and mine? I haven’t noticed them before.. has anybody else seen them?

Mysterious Figure

in Living World

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I bugged up and fell under the terrain the other day and “swam” over to the new locked area and ended up climbing up to him/her. It’s a rather small centaur compared to others of its species.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Mysterious Figure

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I bugged up and fell under the terrain the other day and “swam” over to the new locked area and ended up climbing up to him/her. It’s a rather small centaur compared to others of its species.

I think he is smaller for perspective reasons for far away viewing. I don’t think he’s actually small, you just aren’t supposed to be that close lol.

Mysterious Figure

in Living World

Posted by: WhiteAxolotl.7562

WhiteAxolotl.7562

I still can’t see him :o

Attachments:

Mysterious Figure

in Living World

Posted by: Soinetwa.5193

Soinetwa.5193

Centaur race as new playable race confirmed? :-D

of course not!! -.-

zentaurs as mounts confirmed!! : DD

Mysterious Figure

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

He’s the same size as all the other centaurs. Someone was porting the other day and nothing had changed.

Mysterious Figure

in Living World

Posted by: nassaya.7109

nassaya.7109

Don’t know if this is new but this centaur in question does use emotes. Do other centaurs ingame use the sit emote?

Cheers,
Nassaya.

Nassaya Shadowheart lvl. 80 Necro
Nassaya Fireheart lvl. 80 Ele
Far Shiverpeaks – Guardians of the Dutch [GOTD]

Mysterious Figure

in Living World

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Don’t know if this is new but this centaur in question does use emotes. Do other centaurs ingame use the sit emote?

Cheers,
Nassaya.

Yes. Some other centaurs do use the sit emote when idling.
It’s a cheap thrill to sneak up on them and poke them while they’re sitting down on the job.

I still can’t see him :o

dude…

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Mysterious Figure

in Living World

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

I would have say it might be Mr. E (Mr. Ed?.. .Mr. Equine?) if it wasn’t that because of the short story, chances are E is either a human, sylvari or rather short norn.

Unless it happens that Mr. E isn’t a single person in the first place.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Mysterious Figure

in Living World

StinVec.3621

I would have say it might be Mr. E (Mr. Ed?.. .Mr. Equine?) if it wasn’t that because of the short story, chances are E is either a human, sylvari or rather short norn.

“Mr. Exposition” has long been a term for an individual that only exists for exactly what the name portrays, which is exactly the role this mysterious Mr. E performs within the game. Mr. E is likely not even an actual character in the game that we will ever see and is just a tool the designers use for, well, exposition.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MrExposition

A character whose purpose is to provide “infodumps” and explain the plot. Ostensibly, this is for the benefit of the protagonists, but most of the time their real reason for existing is to provide exposition to the audience.

Yeah. :\ Pretty disappointing, really. They probably thought they were being witty or that it would be seen as funny and creative or something and did not expect people to actually write pages of theories on who it was or how they tied into the ongoing plot of the game.

Mysterious Figure

in Living World

Posted by: Vard.5621

Vard.5621

Could it be this Mr. E?

Attachments:

Mysterious Figure

in Living World

Posted by: Arleii.5304

Arleii.5304

“Mr. Exposition” has long been a term for an individual that only exists for exactly what the name portrays, which is exactly the role this mysterious Mr. E performs within the game. Mr. E is likely not even an actual character in the game that we will ever see and is just a tool the designers use for, well, exposition.

A character whose purpose is to provide “infodumps” and explain the plot. Ostensibly, this is for the benefit of the protagonists, but most of the time their real reason for existing is to provide exposition to the audience.

Yeah. :\ Pretty disappointing, really. They probably thought they were being witty or that it would be seen as funny and creative or something and did not expect people to actually write pages of theories on who it was or how they tied into the ongoing plot of the game.

Ahem, Mr.E is confirmed to be revealed this season. That means he’s an actual character.

Iin bhiin lan anath
. . .
ban galla nir

Mysterious Figure

in Living World

StinVec.3621

Ahem, Mr.E is confirmed to be revealed this season. That means he’s an actual character.

Confirmed? Would you mind also providing a link to an in-game citation for this “confirmation” that who Mr. E is will be revealed this season?
An out-of-game “confirmation” would be acceptable as well, but anything out-of-game is subject to change so it should also be treated as nothing but a possibility and not set in stone.

Mysterious Figure

in Living World

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Confirmed? Would you mind also providing a link to an in-game citation for this “confirmation” that who Mr. E is will be revealed this season?
An out-of-game “confirmation” would be acceptable as well, but anything out-of-game is subject to change so it should also be treated as nothing but a possibility and not set in stone.

You’ll never really get an in-game one (how could that be… a mail from E saying “you’ll know who I am at the end of the season”?). All we know so far is an interview with Ramon Domke, german comunity manager from the foostival 2014.

The interview is in german (so I haven’t really seen it), but Ramon says on the interview that Anet’s internal documents, that he has read, say who E is and that he will be revealed by the end of season 2.

Source form Reddit (you can find the link to the original video there, linking reddit because they also give a summary in english):

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/216mb3/interview_with_ramon_domke_during_foostival_2014/

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Mysterious Figure

in Living World

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Heh I commend you on your trope knowledge, but I think the meaning of Mr. E. is less elaborate than that. Mr. E = Mystery. I used to use something similar for an email.

Mysterious Figure

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

While I got temporarily excited at the thought of Mr E being that mysterious centaur figure, I then remembered that Marjory got grappled by him back in DR, and I think a centaur might be hard-pressed to avoid attention there.

Mysterious Figure

in Living World

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

You’ll never really get an in-game one (how could that be… a mail from E saying “you’ll know who I am at the end of the season”?).

I’ve actually seen that done before, and done well.

When City of Heroes introduced a group that used time travel, you started to find letters left for you in various points in time, all from an unknown person that was trying to warn you to not trust the time travel group.

Much later, when they revamped the Dark Astoria zone and introduced an OUTSTANDING series of story arcs dealing with the rising threat there, you started getting the letters again. This time, the Letter Writer started to say that the time for you to meet was fast approaching, then that the next you heard from them would be in person.

It was well done, and when you finally did meet them, a lot of things suddenly fell into place. I don’t have great faith in ANet’s writing, but they did a good job with the start of this season. Maybe they’ll pull off something similar.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Mysterious Figure

in Living World

Posted by: Rainshine.5493

Rainshine.5493

OK this is driving me nuts. How do you get up to where the centaur camp is? I can get on top where the pipe etc. is over the mine area, but couldn’t work my way around top that way.

HALP.

Ruse Torrent (elementalist) on JQ
trixnotes tumblr: quick hits of lore | personal tumblr (some other GW2 stuff)

Mysterious Figure

in Living World

Posted by: loneknight.8425

loneknight.8425

Ventari’s descendant? Maybe he will hop down to collect royalty fees for all the Ventari’s Inscription receipe sold by Dry Top’s merchants, in next episode?

The thief who did dat – Crystal Desert

Mysterious Figure

in Living World

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I think he is smaller for perspective reasons for far away viewing. I don’t think he’s actually small, you just aren’t supposed to be that close lol.

I kinda thought that too, but it is funny looking when you get up to him.

OK this is driving me nuts. How do you get up to where the centaur camp is? I can get on top where the pipe etc. is over the mine area, but couldn’t work my way around top that way.

HALP.

You have to get bugged and fall through the terrain to get over there.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Mysterious Figure

in Living World

Posted by: Rainshine.5493

Rainshine.5493

Well that makes me feel much better about my futile attempts then. :B

Ruse Torrent (elementalist) on JQ
trixnotes tumblr: quick hits of lore | personal tumblr (some other GW2 stuff)

Mysterious Figure

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

Well that makes me feel much better about my futile attempts then. :B

It’s so out of the way most people would not find out how to get up there. Luckily we’ll all likely have easy access Tuesday so it won’t matter.

Mysterious Figure

in Living World

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

Related to chickens, what’s with the pair of chickens stuck in the wall some 20m above ground level between the town and mine? I haven’t noticed them before.. has anybody else seen them?

I’ve seen them at least since day 2 (maybe even first day) – there was a blurb somewhere (wiki? Dulfy?) that stated they were a reference (shout out trope) to another video game?? I wish I could find that now, but can’t.

Mysterious Figure

in Living World

Posted by: Neox.3497

Neox.3497

Ventari’s descendant? Maybe he will hop down to collect royalty fees for all the Ventari’s Inscription receipe sold by Dry Top’s merchants, in next episode?

Yeah. I’m pretty sure they are good and will fight on our side.
Also is it just coincidence or why do both have mostly the same outift? (Or is it a common outfit for centaurs)

Attachments:

Mysterious Figure

in Living World

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

HALP.

Hehe well I don’t think we are “supposed” to be able to reach there :P

Mysterious Figure

in Living World

Posted by: loneknight.8425

loneknight.8425

Yeah. I’m pretty sure they are good and will fight on our side.
Also is it just coincidence or why do both have mostly the same outift? (Or is it a common outfit for centaurs)

I was thinking, what if Ventari did the same thing, spying on Ronan as he was mucking around with Pale Tree seed, decided to follow him to see what Ronan would do with the power the seed could bring. After discovered Ronan’s pacifistic venture, Ventari also joined in to further the cause.

lol, Zephyrites also preach pacifism, right? Maybe we are close to the mysterious cave where Pale Tree was being found, along with thousands of other seeds.

Heck, the upcoming release of Alien: Isolation begin to fill my mind with image of eggs silo….

The thief who did dat – Crystal Desert