Mysterious Vine Flavor Text

in Living World

Posted by: Dakota.4591

Dakota.4591

Consider the flavor text of the new Mysterious Vine backpiece.

“This vine, while appearing to be touched by Mordremoth, has been grown from seed under the good influence of a hero of Tyria.”

If you replace “hero of Tyria” with Ventari’s name, that’s pretty much exactly how the Pale Tree came about.

Is ANet laying the groundwork to finally settle the question for everyone who still thinks that the Pale Tree (and thus the rest of the Sylvari players) isn’t a ‘purified’ champion of Mordremoth?

in Living World

Posted by: White Dragon.5429

White Dragon.5429

That vine looks pretty pale to me, ignoring the purple glow. I would not be surprised at all if they made a connection to the Pale Tree and Mordremoth.

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Now when you say it, it is totally obvious. I don’t doubt it at all. Btw, Now it seems Malyck wasn’t corrupted just because he lost his memory.

in Living World

Posted by: Arleii.5304

Arleii.5304

But, where did we get the seed? Leftover from one of the charr? Even if this is very likely and I like this idea, one of the big mysteries was where is the cave with those seeds….Maybe the cave was part of Mordremoth? Not impossible

Iin bhiin lan anath
. . .
ban galla nir

in Living World

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

So does this mean my norn will give birth to hundreds of busty british plants?

I’m ok with this.

in Living World

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Btw, that also implies that the Pale Tree is in fact carnivorous. I don’t know about that… ¬¬

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

in Living World

Posted by: Dakota.4591

Dakota.4591

Btw, that also implies that the Pale Tree is in fact carnivorous. I don’t know about that… ¬¬

Sylvari themselves are carnivorous, why not the tree?

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Let’s go with omnivorous. I’ve seen sylvari noshing on melons.

But yes, a lot of things die near the Pale Tree’s roots. She could well be getting direct nutrients from the corpses.

in Living World

Posted by: DelayTheDecay.2675

DelayTheDecay.2675

But, where did we get the seed? Leftover from one of the charr? Even if this is very likely and I like this idea, one of the big mysteries was where is the cave with those seeds….Maybe the cave was part of Mordremoth? Not impossible

So you’re suggesting that Ronan was mucking about in Mordremoth’s womb/eggsack and decided to take a souvenir?

…not your finest moment Ronan.

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

That seed becomes a VINE. The Pale Tree is a white oak tree.

Vine != white oak tree

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Vine != white oak tree

Vine = Plant
Tree = Plant

Mordremoth = Dragon of PLANTS

all is vain – #BelieveInKarl – #EvanForPresident

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Actually, it’s vegetation in accordance to Jeff Grubb.

But tell me, have you seen a single Mordrem that is tree-like? Have you seen any of Mordremoth’s corruption that even come close to actually looking like the Pale Tree?

Because I sure haven’t.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Sylvari also don’t look like the Pale Tree at all, so lack of resemblance to anything means nothing.

in Living World

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

So all you need is “good influence” to get rid of dragon corruption ? Well then, this is turning into a nice kid’s movie where the power of love trumps everything else. Even ancient magic that’s been killing everything for eons.

Sylvari also don’t look like the Pale Tree at all, so lack of resemblance to anything means nothing.

An apple hardly looks like the tree it fell from. And Sylvari aren’t even the Pale Tree’s fruit. They “hatch” from that fruit.

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Now when you say it, it is totally obvious. I don’t doubt it at all. Btw, Now it seems Malyck wasn’t corrupted just because he lost his memory.

If Malyck was a dragon minion, his memory (or lack of) would not be a factor whatsoever. Nor would he have free will. The other dragon minions/champions didn’t have free will (except Glint, who had to be given free will first by the Forgotten’s magic), so why would Mordremoth make an exception for his?

Sylvari themselves are carnivorous, why not the tree?

Let’s go with omnivorous. I’ve seen sylvari noshing on melons.

But yes, a lot of things die near the Pale Tree’s roots. She could well be getting direct nutrients from the corpses.

Eh…good question. It’s never been made clear what the Pale Tree herself takes sustenance from. However, seeing as she is a giant tree, it’s probably a good guess that she takes in nutrition the same way other trees do, as the Sylvari take in nutrients the same way the other races do.

Vine != white oak tree

Vine = Plant
Tree = Plant

Mordremoth = Dragon of PLANTS

So by that logic, mosshearts, the druids, all those other walking trees throughout Tyria, and maybe even Melandru herself, are all connected to Mordremoth. They’re all plants or plant-like, after all…

Actually, it’s vegetation in accordance to Jeff Grubb.

But tell me, have you seen a single Mordrem that is tree-like? Have you seen any of Mordremoth’s corruption that even come close to actually looking like the Pale Tree?

Because I sure haven’t.

Good point. Also, aside from the Mordrem Husks and Wolves (and before them, the Overgrown Husks and Wolves), none of the other Mordrem bear any resemblance to the Sylvari, and in the case of the ones I mentioned, it’s only due to the Nightmare Court also using husks and nightmare hounds. This would seem to imply Mordremoth is connected to the Nightmare in some way (which could already corrupt Sylvari, and bore a semblance to dragon corruption as is), but not the Pale Tree/Sylvari in general.

Although…so far, Mordremoth has only corrupted two Sylvari mentally so far, not physically…the Nightmare can seemingly do both.

in Living World

Posted by: Bazzoong.7145

Bazzoong.7145

The pale tree and the sylvari “eat” dragons more or less, they consume the magic “spilling” from their corpses. It happened to zaithan. The pale tree and the dragons are part of the flow of magic in the eternal alchemy, magic gets consumed and “flavored” spilled and consumed again. as the differently flavored aspacts of magic interact with eachother.

(spoiler) if you are a sylvari the pale tree explains to you that her influence alone is responsible for the imunity her children show to dragon corruption and that only the strongest of will can keep their own mind once that influence falls away. But just because the influence is not there does not mean you will be corrupted, the dragon still has to find you somehow, being soundless does not corrupt you you still need a strong external influence for that to happen.

The pale tree as she is now is inherently influenced by Vetinari and his ideas, she would not be anything like what she is now without those ideas. She would show way less empathy to other creatures, the special thing about sylvari is ideas spread among them even among children of different trees, you learn that in the personal story.

(edited by Bazzoong.7145)