1- statue of Jora
2- monday as a date.

Cannot wait for the next epizode!

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

The Monday is to give them breathing space before Thanksgiving.

The statue makes perfect sense given her relevance to the story concerning Jormag, Drakkar and the Sons of Svanir. As a Norn Hero, I’d be more surprised if she wasn’t mentioned.

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Posted by: Slowpokeking.8720

Slowpokeking.8720

I wish to see Drakkar from GW1

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Posted by: Black Iris Flowers.3418

Black Iris Flowers.3418

^^I’m hoping we get to talk to Jora’s spirit, considering her brother Svanir was the first corrupted soul we know of

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

It will be Drakkar. Jormag is not active as Primordus, I think, but we will see.

This is a bit weird that ANet jumps from Ring of Fire to Shiverpeaks. I want see more Primordus’s activity

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Randulf.7614

I agree the jump feels wrong, but Ill wait and see how they handle it. I know the tech exists, but it still feels weird how we jump from one battlefront ot the other across the entire Continent.

I think it is way too soon for Drakkar and I doubt we will push that far North either. As he is an established “villain” from GW1, Drakkar’s appearance should be built up to prior to Jormag in an expac..

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

I agree the jump feels wrong, but Ill wait and see how they handle it. I know the tech exists, but it still feels weird how we jump from one battlefront ot the other across the entire Continent.

I think it is way too soon for Drakkar and I doubt we will push that far North either. As he is an established “villain” from GW1, Drakkar’s appearance should be built up to prior to Jormag in an expac..

The reason we’re jumping around and not beating down one enemy is vecause we’re ocerwhelmed! If we beat one, the others carry out their plan. And while it feels weird, we NEED to continent jump

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

There is a line in the trailer that makes me think it may be more than just Primordius and Jormag -

“We must kill them all before any one grows too powerful.”

My personal theory is we will see all of the remaining dragons awaken during season 3, including Kralkatorik and Steve/Bubbles/etc – and taking them down at once will be the focus of Expansion #2 (which I think will be announced in December with a launch date mid to late next year – but that is extreme speculation).

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

It will be Drakkar. Jormag is not active as Primordus, I think, but we will see.

This is a bit weird that ANet jumps from Ring of Fire to Shiverpeaks. I want see more Primordus’s activity

Considering all the dragons are active now (save for bubbles, who we know jack squat about), it makes perfect sense to jump between them. Tyria’s playing a deadly card game with Kralkatorrik, Jormag, and Primordus at the same time. Sure we could easily take out Primordus in one swoop if we tried, but we’re playing 3 opponents at the same time.

We have to use our cards to counter them and take them down one by one, while they’re also trying to do the same. Think of it as a 4 way Magic: The Gathering game…everybody wants to win, and is willing to screw over everybody else to do it…so you can’t play too offensively on just one opponent, it opens you up for the others to take advantage of.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

There are several interesting things about the trailer no one else has pointed out yet here or reddit.

1. Bloodstone? In two of the scenes there are red crystalline structures, I can’t tell if its just lighting from something off-screen, or if its Bloodstone crystal. The odd part is that they share the Jormag Ice texture…but red? Each of the episodes so far have been release with Bloodstone lore, so I’m super curious about this more than anything else.

2. It seems as if other dragon magic has seeped all the way to the north, looks like we’ll see more unique icebrood variations but to a lesser extent since the great distance means less shared magic.

3. This will be our first map with all 3 parts of mobility, land, water, and air/gliding!

PS watching that video at .25 speed to catch the little bits is freaky.

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Slowpokeking.8720

Why would it be too soon? Drakkar was not as powerful as the Dragonspawn, the Dragonspawn was slain before the game had begun.

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Arden.7480

“We must kill them all before any one grows too powerful.” (Caithe in Dragon Vigil)

This is why we have Aurene. She will consume magic from Central Tyria and Jormag will consume the magic as well, but look, if we will interfere to his duty, he will become fully active. We cannot step into his teritory, as we did in Ring of Fire, because he will have a desire to grow stronger and step into the world.

We still make the same fault:
when the Pact attacked Mordremoth’s teritory, Mordremoth was forced to use his power.
We cannot do this like Trahearne then, because we will be in the trouble.

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

“We must kill them all before any one grows too powerful.” (Caithe in Dragon Vigil)

This is why we have Aurene. She will consume magic from Central Tyria and Jormag will consume the magic as well, but look, if we will interfere to his duty, he will become fully active. We cannot step into his teritory, as we did in Ring of Fire, because he will have a desire to grow stronger and step into the world.

We still make the same fault:
when the Pact attacked Mordremoth’s teritory, Mordremoth was forced to use his power.
We cannot do this like Trahearne then, because we will be in the trouble.

I actually think that the Pact (or whoever is actually in charge of fighting the dragons now, as of LWS3 episode 1 the pact has lost both its marshal and commander. I can’t remember who was our replacement either) is playing a rather deadly game with the dragons. They want both Jormag and Primordus to think we are going full assault on them, so they will retaliate and we can see what sort of power they have. This way, we won’t be nearly as unprepared as we were when going up against Mordremoth and we won’t be destroyed immediately. Incredibly deadly, but really what other options do we have? We need to know how strong they are and fast, because if we don’t take down at least 1 of them before Kralkatorrik and Steve join the action Tyria will be kittened.

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Arden.7480

We are in the troubles… Everything because of stupid Scarlet… Maybe this is why the music in the trailer is from Battle of the Breachmaker

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Asura actually make individual teleportation functional, so jumping from one end of the continent to another is not really weird, as long as you are not moving massive amounts of people or material.

Its not Game of Thrones, bookahs!

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

The Music.... love it! So was the Battle on the Breachmaker!
Looking forward for this Ice themed story and Jormag!

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Arden.7480

Can someone tell me the words from this moment of the trailer? https://youtu.be/avwqxSGaq3Y?t=29

The Commander says: “so this is Jormag”… and I cant understand other words XD

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Randulf.7614

Why would it be too soon? Drakkar was not as powerful as the Dragonspawn, the Dragonspawn was slain before the game had begun.

We have no idea of Drakkar’s full power? Even if Drakkar is less powerful for some reason, he is much more established in the lore which means it will be more of seminal moment when we confront him. That requires a lead in which we haven’t had…yet.

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The things that caught my eye were the rooster (rooster? wha??) and the blue Bouncing Mushrooms.

Does that mean a new map? Most of what I saw looked like Frostgorge, but….

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Randulf.7614

Can someone tell me the words from this moment of the trailer? https://youtu.be/avwqxSGaq3Y?t=29

The Commander says: “so this is Jormag”… and I cant understand other words XD

“So this is Jormag’s idea of paradise”

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Randulf.7614

The things that caught my eye were the rooster (rooster? wha??) and the blue Bouncing Mushrooms.

Does that mean a new map? Most of what I saw looked like Frostgorge, but….

The devs stated they intended a new map per episode. There also appear to be new mobs and new landscape features, so the conclusion is a new map.

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Slowpokeking.8720

We have no idea of Drakkar’s full power? Even if Drakkar is less powerful for some reason, he is much more established in the lore which means it will be more of seminal moment when we confront him. That requires a lead in which we haven’t had…yet.

In EoD it was mentioned that the Dragonspawn was the greatest champion of Jormag.

What lore? It just served as a tool for Jormag to corrupt the Norn worshipers and drain power. Itself had no personality at all, even its name was only told in some indirect source.

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Slowpokeking.8720

The reason we’re jumping around and not beating down one enemy is vecause we’re ocerwhelmed! If we beat one, the others carry out their plan. And while it feels weird, we NEED to continent jump

We should lure the 2 dragons together so they would fight against each other.

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Slowpokeking.8720

I actually think that the Pact (or whoever is actually in charge of fighting the dragons now, as of LWS3 episode 1 the pact has lost both its marshal and commander. I can’t remember who was our replacement either) is playing a rather deadly game with the dragons. They want both Jormag and Primordus to think we are going full assault on them, so they will retaliate and we can see what sort of power they have. This way, we won’t be nearly as unprepared as we were when going up against Mordremoth and we won’t be destroyed immediately. Incredibly deadly, but really what other options do we have? We need to know how strong they are and fast, because if we don’t take down at least 1 of them before Kralkatorrik and Steve join the action Tyria will be kittened.

Or there is a better way, let Jormag and Primordus fight each other.

Since Primordus had sent minions to attack Glint’s baby, why didn’t it attack Jormag?

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Posted by: Acnologia.6934

Acnologia.6934

Asura actually make individual teleportation functional, so jumping from one end of the continent to another is not really weird, as long as you are not moving massive amounts of people or material.

But….. the “storm” is coming :p

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Posted by: Arion Starke.5208

Arion Starke.5208

Did I see a flying mount in there?

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Lord Aargadon.4135

Did I see a flying mount in there?

Look at the video in .25 speed playback or pause. Its an icebrood gryphon just look before you post please! -_-

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

Actually, given the title of the new episode, it sounds very Game of Thrones-y.

A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords…. and now A Crack in the Ice :P

Also, it is not weird moving from one end to another. It is well known at this point that both Primordus and Jormag are active, so it isn’t out of place at all to be going to the Shiverpeaks.

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Lord Aargadon.4135

We should lure the 2 dragons together so they would fight against each other.

And let the victor gather ALL of the other dragons power instead? Compared to what we see from their gains of a long dead dragon, no thanks, we really don’t need a elder dragon at 200% strength. My bets are on the Order of Whispers and the Priory having a major role again, specifically back on their original theory that they can be put back to sleep. With all the talk of the device that was used to create the original bloodstones to remove the loose magic and put the dragons back into hibernation, we’ll likely see a new bloodstone(s) made. That is my guess how GW2 will end.

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Posted by: Daris.1253

Daris.1253

I’m feeling we can meet Braham.I play charr,however I’m happy we are going to the north.I don’t get one thing…..why our characters are called ’’Commander’’?.In episode 1 they’re leaving The Pact.Now time for Jormag….interesting.

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Lord Aargadon.4135

I’m feeling we can meet Braham.I play charr,however I’m happy we are going to the north.I don’t get one thing…..why our characters are called ’’Commander’’?.In episode 1 they’re leaving The Pact.Now time for Jormag….interesting.

That was already discussed and revealed in episode2 I believe? It’s revealed you keep the title, so we will always be known as commander. Nothing less nothing more.

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

I’m just glad the Norn are finally getting some attention. :P

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Posted by: Pache.9406

Pache.9406

We’ve always had Asuran gates, which can teleport us to anywhere in the world, at any given time. Also, in the story it’s already been established that Taimi has her own super powered gate. Yet, some people still question why we jump through the map? Never mind that they’ve been a part of the game since GW1, never mind that they’ve been a prominent part of the story since GW2 came out, and God forbid I once again remind you it’s been a key element of LWS3. Talk about not paying any attention to the story for the past 9 years (EotN)… LOL

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Randulf.7614

We’ve always had Asuran gates, which can teleport us to anywhere in the world, at any given time. Also, in the story it’s already been established that Taimi has her own super powered gate. Yet, some people still question why we jump through the map? Never mind that they’ve been a part of the game since GW1, never mind that they’ve been a prominent part of the story since GW2 came out, and God forbid I once again remind you it’s been a key element of LWS3. Talk about not paying any attention to the story for the past 9 years (EotN)… LOL

And yet despite how long it takes to build a gate or potentially set up a WP network, wherever we go, someone has literally just set such things up. It makes sense in Core Tyria because it is a widely populated part of the Continent.

Does it make as much sense when all of a sudden one is set up in the RoF. Or waypoints appear in the middle of a crater where a bloodstone just exploded or by 3 blighting towers next to an Elder Dragons lair?

We accept it because game mechanics sometimes need to override the logic and that requires a certain suspension of disbelief. Doesn’t mean it doesn’t “feel” a tad weird or cheap on select occasions when we suddenly appear in near abandoned territory halfway through starting up a major battle elsewhere.

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Posted by: Pache.9406

Pache.9406

And yet despite how long it takes to build a gate or potentially set up a WP network, wherever we go, someone has literally just set such things up. It makes sense in Core Tyria because it is a widely populated part of the Continent.

Does it make as much sense when all of a sudden one is set up in the RoF. Or waypoints appear in the middle of a crater where a bloodstone just exploded or by 3 blighting towers next to an Elder Dragons lair?

We accept it because game mechanics sometimes need to override the logic and that requires a certain suspension of disbelief. Doesn’t mean it doesn’t “feel” a tad weird or cheap on select occasions when we suddenly appear in near abandoned territory halfway through starting up a major battle elsewhere.

There’s ships and waypoints at Bloodstone Fen, I don’t recall Asura gates, plus its literally right besides the other maps. Asura gates were originally created with energy from Primordius, it makes perfect sense to have Taimi able to teleport anywhere within the RoF, and quickly build another gate, since currently, that’s one of the places in which more of Primordius energy is concentrated. And the Far Shiverpeaks (it’s not yet been confirmed but they already stated that they’re trying to bring new maps with every episodes. So either the new map is directly connected, or very close, to a previous one within the areas we’ve already explored (giving them enough time to build as many portals as they please), and/or there already are portals since the GW1 story line. And also, the fact that WE, haven’t been in those areas, doesn’t mean in any way, shape, or form, that no one else has been there. In fact, there’s a very small chance there’s any completely unexplored area in the whole world of Tyria, for anyone to conclude “there’s no time to build a portal”. Plus the fact that once again, it’s been established in the story, that dragons do consume energy from the waypoint, and with that alone you have a more than logistically reasonable explanation, as to why we travel to anywhere the dragons live. All in all, there’s absolutely no reason, to question why we travel around the world when there’s a plethora of different, reasonable and lore supported reasons, as to why we can jump to any point of the map, at any given time (even to a never before explored area of the map, which is something we’ve yet to do in the game anyways).

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I’ve always assumed the Asura Gates to be part of the serious, hard world lore, while WPs are more akin to a mere game-play device.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

Oh man o man I am 2 episodes behind and now I have to catch up fast. NORN STUFFS!
Yes I am a little excited! I hope with this we can get some spirits of the wild stuff for guildhalls also!

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Right after your character says they’re leaving the Pact, Almora says its a “title for life” and you’re welcome to keep using it. So that’s the lore explanation.

The game-mechanics explanation is that your character has to be called something generic (since they can’t have the voice-acted NPCs calling you by your actual character name), and Commander seems to be the one most people like. They tried using “Boss” for a while in Season 2 and I remember a fair number of people complaining about that one.

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Slowpokeking.8720

And let the victor gather ALL of the other dragons power instead? Compared to what we see from their gains of a long dead dragon, no thanks, we really don’t need a elder dragon at 200% strength. My bets are on the Order of Whispers and the Priory having a major role again, specifically back on their original theory that they can be put back to sleep. With all the talk of the device that was used to create the original bloodstones to remove the loose magic and put the dragons back into hibernation, we’ll likely see a new bloodstone(s) made. That is my guess how GW2 will end.

No, kill 2 birds with 1 stone, kill both of them while they were weakened by each other.

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Randulf.7614

I had a bit of trouble reading your reply since it need paragraphing so forgive me if I miss part of what you were saying.

RoF is right by other maps, but maps are vast as indicated in Ghosts of Ascalon where travelling from Ebonhawke to Ascalon takes many days. So it might seem right next door, but it’s still a few days travel by sea. According to the Wiki, gates require extreme effort and expense. So it was a bit strange to see one appear so quickly. That also hinders new ones being built so quickly elsewhere as well and that is supported by lore.

Right now, we don’t know how a new map will be handled. But, it really doesn’t change that it still feels a little odd to me to bounce all the way up north so suddenly whilst still dealing with things all the way out in the RoF. That’s my P.O.V. If you don;t agree, then fair enough, but it doesn’t change anything.

At the end of the day it is only a small and minor gripe. I’ve wanted a new Shiverpeaks map and even my minor gripe wont take away from my enjoyment of where we are headed.

(edited by Randulf.7614)

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Posted by: Tekey.7946

Tekey.7946

Asura gates were originally created with energy from Primordius, it makes perfect sense to have Taimi able to teleport anywhere within the RoF, and quickly build another gate, since currently, that’s one of the places in which more of Primordius energy is concentrated.

Ummm… what? Taimi sent a crew to Ember Bay to set up a portal. And you can’t just quickly build another gate, it needs time to calibrate it.

And also, the fact that WE, haven’t been in those areas, doesn’t mean in any way, shape, or form, that no one else has been there. In fact, there’s a very small chance there’s any completely unexplored area in the whole world of Tyria, for anyone to conclude “there’s no time to build a portal”.

The fact that some sort of living creature has already been there doesn’t mean that those creatures set up an asura portal? There’s the shipwrecked circus in Ember Bay, they were there before Taimi’s crew arrived. The circus was caught on the island, they didn’t have a portal.

Plus the fact that once again, it’s been established in the story, that dragons do consume energy from the waypoint, and with that alone you have a more than logistically reasonable explanation, as to why we travel to anywhere the dragons live. All in all, there’s absolutely no reason, to question why we travel around the world when there’s a plethora of different, reasonable and lore supported reasons, as to why we can jump to any point of the map, at any given time (even to a never before explored area of the map, which is something we’ve yet to do in the game anyways).

With all that said, I don’t even know if you’re serious or just trolling.

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Tekey.7946

But, it really doesn’t change that it still feels a little odd to me to bounce all the way up north so suddenly whilst still dealing with things all the way out in the RoF.

Thank you! In the third season of the Living World, we’re currently always just scratching the surface on every event. We’re literally being sent back and forth without dealing with one of the plot lines in detail. If it works and Anet concludes every one of them in the end, it will be great. If not, we will have another dozen of open ended plot lines we’ll never hear about again.

Personally, I would have liked to hear about Caudecus and the White Mantle or maybe going deeper into the Ring of Fire. But the second episode already contained the awakening of Jormag, so we’ll see what happens in the Shiverpeaks.

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Randulf.7614

You might get your wish concerning Caudecus and the White Mantle. There were paintings of the Shiverpeaks in one of the Raid wings. Whilst we know the main civilised races prob wont be occupying such hostile Dragon territory, we do know bandits dig in to these places (Maguuma Wastes, Northern Maguuma etc). Since the bandits were linked to the White Mantle and if memory serves there may be a Bloodstone there, we could get the link you want.

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Tekey.7946

Oh wow thank you for reminding me, I already forgot about the painting! Hope that we’ll see something White Mantle related there!

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Arden.7480

White Mantle doesnt want the Bloodstone now. They are preparing to the battle against Kryta. They would be stupid, when they would go to Shiverpeaks. They have not interests there.

I understand why ANet jumps from one region to the next region. Because this is not like when Mordremoth awoke and magic came just to Mordremoth.
Magic is everywhere, dragons stir. We just hope, that they didnt consume everything yet.

I cannot agree with theory, that will be the battle of two dragons, because:
1) they are too far
2) even if they could meet, the whole Tyria would be destroy. And we want avoid this.

Braham wrote that Jormag is active, but we didnt see him in the trailer and this is so weird. Is he in Far Shiverpeaks already? Why didnt he say, that he is going to explore this teritory.

In the next epizode I want see:
1) some secrets of Jormag and his champions (Braham and Rox)
2) what happens in Ring of Fire (1 chapter with Taimi)
3) what happens in Tarir, what about Caithe and Aurene
4) some news from Kryta (Kasmeer, Canach and Jennah)
5) something about Lazarus and Marjory

I dont want the chapters like from epizode 2- too much in one map.

I want something like from LS2- 3-5 chapters from another regions of Tyria.

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

3. This will be our first map with all 3 parts of mobility, land, water, and air/gliding!

did you forget Tangled Depths?

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Slowpokeking.8720

I cannot agree with theory, that will be the battle of two dragons, because:
1) they are too far
2) even if they could meet, the whole Tyria would be destroy. And we want avoid this.

What’s the point of bringing up 2 dragons at once if they don’t even meet each other?

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

Winter is coming!

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Slowpokeking.8720

It would be mega interesting to see how does the dragons react to each other rather than nothing but “we fight the dragons”.

New Trailer [discussion]

in Living World

Lord Aargadon.4135

did you forget Tangled Depths?

Yes I did actually. I’d still discount TD since you do diddly squat in the water, its just….there… I’ve only been through the tunnels once to get exploration, the Skelk lake kills you, and the little bit beneath Rata Novus is…little. Asides from that it could be deleted and I wouldn’t notice. This map it looks like you’ll actually use the water for more than a random secret passage.