New Zone Day 1?

New Zone Day 1?

in Living World

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Q:

I think all of us would really like to know if we should be excited for a Day 1 New Zone or if we should get off the hype train for that particular thing. I would hate to be talking about it with guildies and all of us getting worked up over something that might not happen.

So is there going to be a new zone on Day 1? A lot of people on these forums seem to think so and quite a few of us don’t think so. Valid question in my opinion. A simple yes or no would be great.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

New Zone Day 1?

in Living World

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

They aren’t going to tell you one way or the other. For the same reasons they stopped going the pre-release notes. It ruins the speculation and brings some people down to have it all laid out in advance, kills the discovery, etc etc.

I a lot of people believe we’re getting a new zone, I wouldn’t say the majority of them believe it will be on day 1 though. Some, sure. Most? I don’t think so.

Personally, I’m not going to speculate either way on that. We’re getting a new zone (at least), I’m content with that.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

New Zone Day 1?

in Living World

Posted by: Nat.4029

Nat.4029

I might actually play if so. It’d be nice to have a new zone to play around with on the 4th of July weekend. (for us Americans anyway)

Valar Morghulis

New Zone Day 1?

in Living World

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Given the space in much of the trailer doesn’t exist in the game right now, we are definitely getting a new zone. Now, whether it is an open-world zone or just instanced remains to be seen, but there is no doubt about us getting new playspace.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

New Zone Day 1?

in Living World

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I don’t know.

And get yourself off that hype train! They never go anywhere nice.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

New Zone Day 1?

in Living World

Posted by: One Prarie Outpost.4860

One Prarie Outpost.4860

There will be a new zone on Day 1. Whether or not you can access it is a whole different issue.

New Zone Day 1?

in Living World

Posted by: OtakuModeEngage.8679

OtakuModeEngage.8679

The title in itself “gates to maguma” suggest opening an area we have yet to enter. more over, the areas in the trailer that have yet to exisit, the location of the dragon under magnus falls (which is also imposible to get to at this time), the datamined map extension at the south of brisban wildlands, the lvl 80 champ at the fortress that has yet to be used since launch, and marjory’s sister’s journey to the border of brisban wildland, all suggest that we will be venturing west into unmapped territory. I actually believe 2-3 maps will be added over the course of season 2 (which if anything like season 1 will have 1~4 episodes a month, extending the entire year), but its not as if I expect a map the very first episode. it would be great if so, but there is nothing to be dissapointed aboutif not.I

New Zone Day 1?

in Living World

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

The first episode will take place in a destroy labyrinth cliffs. Isn’t it obvious?

New Zone Day 1?

in Living World

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

I hope there will be a new zone on day 1, this would mean that we will get a lot of new context maybe event expansion type content. I like the idea of being 80 lvl area and it will be a nice context to only ore lvl 80 and frost gorge.

New Zone Day 1?

in Living World

Posted by: fett.9573

fett.9573

it might turn out to be a dungeon portal instead of a zone portal, since they both share the same look.

New Zone Day 1?

in Living World

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Given the space in much of the trailer doesn’t exist in the game right now, we are definitely getting a new zone. Now, whether it is an open-world zone or just instanced remains to be seen, but there is no doubt about us getting new playspace.

The problem with this is they could be showing stuff in that trailer that isn’t from this patch on the 1st. Just because it was in the trailer for the Season opener doesn’t mean it has to be from the premier. That is why I ask the question.

The responses to this thread are a perfect example of why I asked the question. Some people think yes we are getting a new map, some people think no we aren’t and others think it will take place in the Zephyr area. I think a lot of the ire and angst that arises on patch day is due to this confusion. Our speculation might amuse you guys at ArenaNet headquarters, but it’s not fun for those people that get it into their heads that they are getting a day 1 new zone and then are left with nothing but disappointment when it doesn’t come to pass because you guys at ArenaNet were purposefully ambiguous in the trailer about what Gates of Maguuma is. Is it a new zone? Is it the name of the patch(which obviously it is now that there is a header on the forums for it) or is it both?

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Iason Evan.3806)

New Zone Day 1?

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

The title in itself “gates to maguma” suggest opening an area we have yet to enter.

Pretty much my thoughts on the matter. That or ANet be trolling hard.
Well one of the major complaints from S1 (well ok there were so many complaints it’s hard to actually measure the actual value or merits of the complaints) was that ANet didn’t add expansion type content (under which new areas usually get grouped).

New Zone Day 1?

in Living World

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

The title in itself “gates to maguma” suggest opening an area we have yet to enter.

Pretty much my thoughts on the matter. That or ANet be trolling hard.
Well one of the major complaints from S1 (well ok there were so many complaints it’s hard to actually measure the actual value or merits of the complaints) was that ANet didn’t add expansion type content (under which new areas usually get grouped).

Yes but for season 1 it was stated after the soutsun that there will be no new areas. Because they wanted to use old ones make them more populated and now we have megaservers. I think there will be at least 4 new maps.

New Zone Day 1?

in Living World

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

hype and presumptions simply aren’t the way to go in this game
and i don’t expect arena net to release early patch notes directly related to lore
what i do see a lack of is dev communication with the community
“hey gw2 fans, i’ve been working on something akin to “x” and though i can’t confirm “y” speculations, i’d tune in next week for some “z” content"
that’d be great, because all we get now is a huge game of ‘peek-a-boo’
and “oh, do you remember that, cuz we worked really hard on it”

expectations are a bad, bad thing in current day tyria
remember ‘origin of madness’ ? possibly one of the best releases
but “scarlet hears voices” isn’t exactly the in depth lore people were expecting
lets simply take ‘gates of maguuma’ for what it’s worth {something to do with maguuma}

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

New Zone Day 1?

in Living World

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

Hope so.

I will be VERY disappointed if not. Especially after the Teaser Video.

New Zone Day 1?

in Living World

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

The first episode will take place in a destroy labyrinth cliffs. Isn’t it obvious?

I think you’re on to something. I too believe the sanctum being destroyed in the trailer might be a big hint but there is a crucial aspect you missed the sanctum was clearly flying when it was hit ergo it had already left the labyrinthine cliffs.

Since we’re speculating I’d bet the sanctum goes down in the maguuma wastes, they somehow send a distress call with a message pigeon perhaps and we’re sent to investigate what happens. That being said they could just as easily have fallen in brisbane and perhaps the crash allows us to discover a path into the maguuma wastes and the new zone opens on episode 2 rather then 1. We’ll see.

New Zone Day 1?

in Living World

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

If there isn’t a new zone on day 1, I’ll just play GW1 until the do release the new zone.

New Zone Day 1?

in Living World

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

It needs to be day 1. “Coming soon” updates for a future update are BS. Nobody enjoys it because the wait is too long.