New audio files give hints at what's to come.

in Living World

Posted by: Sorann Peace.9056

Sorann Peace.9056

So in the past day or so, ArenaNet put up about two audio files. They go as follows:

Kasmeer: “Between you and me, I think these zephyrites are hiding something.”

Rox: “What is all this asuran googling mook anyway? These symbols and stuff are making me nervous.”

Now rewind to what Taimi says during the Festival of the Four Winds update.

Taimi: “I’m getting some strange readings from these crates.”
Taimi: “I think the zephyrites are taking on more cargo than usual.”
Taimi: “The zephyrites won’t allow me to look inside the crates, because of Scruffy.”
(Taimi quotes were somewhat paraphrased, but still.)

Now, look at that dialogue, and it appears that the whole ordeal could have been an inside job. We also know something else as well, that a sylvari from the last time the bazaar was around got his dialogue changed. The last time, he was not permitted to be on their airship, but this time he was.

Could it be the sylvari named Trader Aerin? He is seen in the cinematic video that anet put up. You can see him walking across a bridge seconds before the explosion.

Maybe, just maybe, someone wanted to either kill or capture Glint’s baby. The hint at asura makes a lot of sense, since that implies it may have been inquest who wanted to have the baby for their own scientific purposes, which is very typical of asuran inquest. And, we already know they’ve tried to study dragon magic before, in the form of the Crucible of Eternity and the Thaumanova Reactor.

Also, as a side note, in the trailer for the Festival of the Four Winds update (which can also be seen in-game when you get to the top of the labyrinthine cliffs for the first time, though I don’t think it played for everyone. The same happened with the drill explosion and attack on LA cinematic before, so I wouldn’t be surprised.), there’s a ship with red sails that has a glowing door which closes mid-way through the cinematic.

In the new trailer where the sanctum is sabotaged, if you look carefully, it’s not the entirety of the zephyr sanctum that was destroyed. No, in-fact, only one part was blown up: The ship with the red sails, the very same ship shown in the trailer for Festival of the Four Winds.

It’s possible that the ship with red sails was where Glint’s baby was being held.

Thoughts?

in Living World

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

or inquest bombs which use dragon energy

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

So in the past day or so, ArenaNet put up about two audio files. They go as follows:

Kasmeer: “Between you and me, I think these zephyrites are hiding something.”

Rox: “What is all this asuran googling mook anyway? These symbols and stuff are making me nervous.”

Now rewind to what Taimi says during the Festival of the Four Winds update.

Taimi: “I think the zephyrites are taking on more cargo than usual.”
Taimi: “The zephyrites won’t allow me to look inside the crates, because of Scruffy.”
(Taimi quotes were somewhat paraphrased, but still.)

Now, look at that dialogue, and it appears that the whole ordeal could have been an inside job. We also know something else as well, that a sylvari from the last time the bazaar was around got his dialogue changed. The last time, he was not permitted to be on their airship, but this time he was.

Could it be the sylvari named Trader Aerin? He is seen in the cinematic video that anet put up. You can see him walking across a bridge seconds before the explosion.

Maybe, just maybe, someone wanted to either kill or capture Glint’s baby. The hint at asura makes a lot of sense, since that implies it may have been inquest who wanted to have the baby for their own scientific purposes, which is very typical of asuran inquest. And, we already know they’ve tried to study dragon magic before, in the form of the Crucible of Eternity and the Thaumanova Reactor.

Also, as a side note, in the trailer for the Festival of the Four Winds update (which can also be seen in-game when you get to the top of the labyrinthine cliffs for the first time, though I don’t think it played for everyone. The same happened with the drill explosion and attack on LA cinematic before, so I wouldn’t be surprised.), there’s a ship with red sails that has a glowing door which closes mid-way through the cinematic.

In the new trailer where the sanctum is sabotaged, if you look carefully, it’s not the entirety of the zephyr sanctum that was destroyed. No, in-fact, only one part was blown up: The ship with the red sails, the very same ship shown in the trailer for Festival of the Four Winds.

It’s possible that the ship with red sails was where Glint’s baby was being held.

Thoughts?

Glints Baby was fairly big in Eye of the North. If it was in a sanctum air ship thin I would think it was being held against its will. Also I think it would have grown a lot in 250. Glint was really big in guild wars, bigger than the sanctum, so I don’t think glints child would be on board.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Living World

Posted by: Bawi.9541

Bawi.9541

xD

Ele / Guardian

in Living World

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

Pretty sure those crates were bombs, planted by someone. You mention that sylvari appearing multiple times, could be a clue

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

You can go up to a crate or two and indeed something calls out to your character. Not sure how this has to do with an “inside” job. Maybe they’re being smuggled but it’s no coincidence that the Zeyph are indeed targeted, so who knows.

in Living World

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

True.

One thing I noticed out of sorts was an NPC walkign around trying to sell something that no one was very comfortable buying. They said they “didn’t want to get mixed up with those people” or something like that.

Is that new or was it from last years as well?

in Living World

Posted by: Arctinus.7824

Arctinus.7824

Apparently one of the Zephyrs ships is rather suspicious:
http://i.imgur.com/fTAaI10.jpg?1

I really wonder what it could be that gives the ship an unnatural glow?

in Living World

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

Apparently one of the Zephyrs ships is rather suspicious:
http://i.imgur.com/fTAaI10.jpg?1

I really wonder what it could be that gives the ship an unnatural glow?

That would be the red sailed ship. You can see a glow that emits from inside.

in Living World

Posted by: Caleo.9346

Caleo.9346

Am I missing something or why is nobody talking about those “pics” under the audio files?

Dunno how i should interpret them, but the last one is pretty interesting imo..

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Linnea.5146

Linnea.5146

Am I missing something or why is nobody talking about those “pics” under the audio files?

Dunno how i should interpret them, but the last one is pretty interesting imo..

Because those are comments, and that image is an avatar. Would have been cool though…

in Living World

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

buahahahahaha, that imagination people have on these forums XD

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

in Living World

Posted by: Caleo.9346

Caleo.9346

Because those are comments, and that image is an avatar. Would have been cool though…

Ah okay, thanks for the clarification

in Living World

Posted by: Linnea.5146

Linnea.5146

Ah okay, thanks for the clarification

No problem

in Living World

Posted by: CalmestChaos.2463

CalmestChaos.2463

actually, taimi was not allowed onto the airship because of scruffy. the crates were on the airship hence the confusion. kasmeer (i think) then tries to cheer taimi up and i think even offers to carry taimi onto the ship instead of scruffy.

in Living World

Posted by: Rainshine.5493

Rainshine.5493

Taimi now says something about “they’re definitely taking on more cargo” but also that she thought the Zephyrites’ desire to help was genuine.

Ruse Torrent (elementalist) on JQ
trixnotes tumblr: quick hits of lore | personal tumblr (some other GW2 stuff)