New content doesn't seem Solo friendly.

in Living World

Posted by: Nosscheech.3592

Nosscheech.3592

Is this new content only meant to be played by players in groups or solo players in all Ascended gear? I ask because I’m in all exotic medium gear and I get hit twice and sometimes just once by Mordremoth none boss creatures and die or is that because the damage output on the Mordremoth minons is beyond ridiculous…

in Living World

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

It’s because ArenaNet want’s you to be able to play the game the way you want to play the game as long as it’s exactly the same way that they want you to play the game.

in Living World

Posted by: Mike.5091

Mike.5091

I went to play there with my gf n we got mashed and left I don’t like Dry Top and the new area doesn’t seem nice to me neither, mainly because of the playstyle (eventstacking, farming, chests) though.

But I’ll try it out again soon, as most people seem to enjoy it.

Also it is a Multiplayer game, so naturally multiplayer parts of the game should and do exist. It’s usually not too hard to find a group in mapchat.

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

It is a warzone. It is suppose to be dangerous. The whole map is basically a group-event map.

Another thing to keep in mind is that you shouldn’t let those things hit you multiple times.

Personally I am a mesmer with exotic armor and I tend to survive quite well, if I avoid being hit and makes sure to not rush in without thinking.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

That I might be able to help with. Each mordrem has a fairly unqiue way of attacking or dealing damage.

Wolves will try to get you from behind or to the side. Its how theyl do the most damage to you due to there (increased damage from flanking)

The floating flower tentacle things (I cant really remember there names) usually use an aoe or a rooted ranged burrowing attack. That second one is most likely to kill you. As it will appear inside your hit box while your fighting something else making it hard to see.

Nearly all mordrem have a “key” mechanic like this. Once your aware of what each ones does your able to predict them a bit more easily. This ups your survivability by a lot.

Yes Mordrem are much more dangerous than many of the other games creatures. And the events in the new area ARE meant to be done in groups. But just fighting random mordrem should be possible alone. When your in the group fighting areas though I highly recommend bringing something to increase your survivability.

Many necros are choosing to bring a bit more life force gain or opt to taking tankier armors.

Ive seen thieves running some extra armor and health as well.

Rangers are getting a tiny bit smarter about letting there pets tank dangerous mobs for them while stabbing them in the back instead of going for full damage. (while doing full damage on many of the bosses is still necessary as long as they don’t die)

Learn what the mordrem each do and what your class can do to fight against it and youl find while there still not terribly “easy” when you have 6-7 of them on you its still winnable.

Ghost Yak

in Living World

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

Just pay attention to mob’s attacks and in general play your class properly. Playing exotic zerk thief and mesmer, doing fine.

in Living World

Posted by: Galespark.7835

Galespark.7835

Is this new content only meant to be played by players in groups or solo players in all Ascended gear? I ask because I’m in all exotic medium gear and I get hit twice and sometimes just once by Mordremoth none boss creatures and die or is that because the damage output on the Mordremoth minons is beyond ridiculous…

I believe you are exaggerating. I go around there using a full zerker elementalist with only 100 extra toughness due to 2 points in the earth trait line (for an offensive major trait), and none of the normal mordrem can kill me in 2 hits if I let them hit me, not even the wolves while flanking. Veterans and higher can be a different matter, of course.

in Living World

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

You are probably been hit my a Mordrem Wolf while they are in a flanking position. I can’t think of any other Mordrem mob that can down you in just two hits, even on full zerker gear. Watch out for the Wolves and don’t let them hit you from the side or the back, either do some proper crowd control or kill them fast.

in Living World

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Rangers are getting a tiny bit smarter about letting there pets tank dangerous mobs for them while stabbing them in the back instead of going for full damage. (while doing full damage on many of the bosses is still necessary as long as they don’t die)

Was first there with my warrior, but now switched to ranger .. that feels a lot better
At least for my ranger .. my poor wolf however has not such a good time

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Those Leeching Thrashers are a pain not because the ranged burrowing attack is often hidden in your hitbox, but apart from brief invulnerability frames, it’s impossible to avoid. Get away from it, and in less then a second there’ll be a new one at your feet sucking your life away.

They have a minimum range, though, so if you can get in melee with the thing, it usually goes down fast. It IS possible to interrupt the Thresher from using it, though, if you recognise the tell (it’s not an obvious one) – but once they’ve started popping, it’s too late for that.

I frelling hate the things and consider them to be un-fun to fight against (challenging is fine, but they just suck the fun out of things regardless of how you’re doing – if you’re winning they’re boring, if you’re losing it’s aggravating and usually feels unfair), but when alone, they’re pushovers. The problem is that having just one of them accompanying wolves (husks to a lesser extent) turns it into a catch-22: fighting wolves requires keeping mobile to avoid offering them flanks and drawing out the combat so you’re not punished too hard by retaliation, but if there’s a leeching thresher around, you can’t do that. If you can spike it down within 5-10 seconds it’s good… otherwise, odds are all you can do is choose between dying to the tendrils or dying to the accompanying Mordrem.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Living World

Posted by: Gilgalas.7860

Gilgalas.7860

Mordrems work as teams with skills that complement each other. They are not that hard to kill but you need:
1/ to learn each mordrem special ability and how to counter it (e.g. any CC stops vile treshers, wolves will jump on you from mid-distance and land in your back so either stay always very far away or melee them and always face them, do not let them flank you)
2/ how mordrems complement each other (e.g. husks immobilize you, which can be deadly when also fighting wolves/trashers.
3/ which mordrems to focus first

As a ranger, I will say I have no difficulty at all killing any of them. Just stay ranged and keep moving when attacked by leeching trashers, avoid immobilize effects.

in Living World

Posted by: Gudy.3607

Gudy.3607

As a thief, I actually find the Thrasher + Husk combo more dangerous than Thrasher + Wolves. Husks can immobilize, which is bad against Vile Thrashers (lots of torment stacks) and Leeching Thrashers (those kittening tendrils). Even worse are multiple Leeching Thrashers close enough together that one is in tendril range while you’re meleeing down the other.

With Thrasher + Wolves, I use movement and evade skills to stay around the Thrasher and avoid the Wolves while dealing damage, then dodge out of the leeching goo and try to burst down the Wolves in the mean time. The important part is to get back into melee range of the Thrasher as soon as the goo is gone so as to avoid those tendrils.

Mordrem are basically ANET’s answer to the stacking Zerker meta, so are specifically designed to counter parts of that:
Husks have high armor but melt to conditions. Beware their immobilize, especially with other Mordrem around.
Wolves need to be immobilized unless you can dodge and evade their hard-hitting backstabs. Also pay attention to their retaliation, which they spread to other nearby Mordrem, when you have a fast-hitting weapon.
Vile Threshers are weak from behind. Dodge their torment-inducing trails and especially the whirl.
Leeching Threshers should be meleed due to their hard-hitting ranged attack (tendrils), but stay out of their health-leeching goo circles.

in Living World

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

I thought the same first, but soon I realised the problem was in me. You should learn to read, everything important is in the mob description. I know, one is not used to read it because open world content tends to be (extremely) trivial, but I guess it´s about time to pick up these good habits. For the wolves, description reads: “deadly when flanking”. And it is REALLY deadly. Now I pay more attention to positioning and I have no problem, so should you.

in Living World

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

Terragriffs are nice with their charge kd skill, it isn’t powerful in terms of dmg, but it gives such a nice opportunity to pinch us by other mobs. They are nice due to that I remembered mantis idk why.

in Living World

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

You are probably been hit my a Mordrem Wolf while they are in a flanking position. I can’t think of any other Mordrem mob that can down you in just two hits, even on full zerker gear.

I think the mordrem wolves are much easier now (compared to the time when they where new in dry top), but thats just a feeling.

Greetings.

in Living World

Posted by: Leallax.1482

Leallax.1482

The combat for mordrem requires a lot more skill to fight than other mobs. You need to really pay attention to your positioning and move fast. The instanced content is definitely soloable, but the events in the Silverwastes are all group events, so not meant to be soloable (I don’t believe)

in Living World

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

The mordrem are acceptable 1v1. But once it becomes 1v2 or higher it quickly turns into the same mess that early days of Orr was.

There is just so much going on at once, that trying to figure out of that blob of pixels over there is going to rush at you or away from you is bordering on impossible.

Never mind the vines etc that sit there spamming carpets of poison AOEs etc.

in Living World

Posted by: Styles.7469

Styles.7469

I can’t faceroll the new content and its not fair that my armor doesn’t make up for my lack of skill in PvE.

-Ahems-

Yeah, a lot of people are missing the mark on noticing that this game is supposed to be centered around Guilds, which equates to more than one person.

Fully Ascended gear has about 4% overall stat improvement or something. It’s been a long time since PvE has killed a lot of players that wouldn’t normally die. Why? Because they were honestly expecting faceroll content, and were met with harder hitting, less telegraphic mobs and bosses. Content which requires cooperation, and god forbid, player interaction and communication.

Game Mode: Easy
Skill Level: l2doj
Achievement Unlock: PvE survivor.

I have a low tolerance for stupidity.

in Living World

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

In a game that barely offer either without some investment in third party tools…

in Living World

Posted by: Styles.7469

Styles.7469

In a game that barely offer either without some investment in third party tools…

lolwut?

I have a low tolerance for stupidity.

in Living World

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

I have played it in Groups – works. I have played it solo – works too

Kima & Co

in Living World

Posted by: KurisuX.7340

KurisuX.7340

I solo’d the main quest-line with Elementalist and Ranger, though I gotta admit, the achievements will be hard to solo. Those Mordrem don’t play. Not even sure how I will beat the final guy without the boon breaker…. -_- Could have sworn he was invincible.

in Living World

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

I am sorry u don’t get solo friendly content in an massive multiplayer online game.

The personaly story can be soloed tho.

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

All of the new content is solo friendly except for what’s clearly group content. Every mob type had weaknesses or a tactic to use to kill it. Many people have complained about the hounds when it’s pretty obvious when they’re about to pounce.

As far as the story instances since the beginning of the season until now, everything still is soloable including the achievements.

in Living World

Posted by: Rhianne.4027

Rhianne.4027

I solo’d the main quest-line with Elementalist and Ranger, though I gotta admit, the achievements will be hard to solo. Those Mordrem don’t play. Not even sure how I will beat the final guy without the boon breaker…. -_- Could have sworn he was invincible.

Fragile and the other blue-icon effects don’t count as buffs – the achievement is for not transferring any of your own (orange-icon) buffs to the vortexes.

in Living World

Posted by: Toroxus.9256

Toroxus.9256

I did the instance twice solo, once my Celestial Guardian and once on my Zealot Elementalist. There were some tough parts, but it was certainly do-able. Then, I grouped with my friends (the point of a MMO) and managed to do the whole thing against with ease.

While the game is meant to be played in a group, as I think it should be, why else play a MMO? I also thought the mobs were still too easy. Unlike most story things, I actually had to use some skill in this recent episode, but I still think it’s lacking. Content should be challenging and encourage players to become more skilled, not so easy that degenerative combat styles are acceptable.

(edited by Toroxus.9256)

in Living World

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

The events are designed for a group. If you have a commander tag, tag up and players will flock to you.

in Living World

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I play on these map on my zerker character without much problem. It can be hard, and I die more often on this new map than usual, but that’s what make it so fun. Most of the game can be solo even if it a MMO, so a if Anet can add a bit of harder group content, i’m happy. The game can have different content for different people.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Living World

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

No problems playing the story solo.

No problems playing the open world solo. I was surrounded by other people.. I read map chat, and kept an eye on the enemies.

If you die a lot, drill down on why and work toward fixing that challenge.Repeat until you are the master.

This isn’t Dragonvale.

in Living World

Posted by: KurisuX.7340

KurisuX.7340

Fragile and the other blue-icon effects don’t count as buffs – the achievement is for not transferring any of your own (orange-icon) buffs to the vortexes.

I getcha now. lol well that’s a bit of a relief. Now the only one I will probably continue to have trouble with is keeping Caithe’s party alive. I swear they are all on the ground before I round the corner. When it comes to the Silverwastes, it’s fun to group up in the raid content. As for the achievements, I’m not really sure if everyone gets them in a party. I know I ran through the last story with another player and I had to run it a second time for myself to unlock everything, soooo, that’s why I’m soloing everything ‘story’ based so that I don’t have to worry about not getting it when I run through it with another player.