New enemy?

New enemy?

in Living World

Posted by: Uleq.4351

Uleq.4351

I would love to see you theories about new main boos this season. In my oppinion its gonna be one of elder dragons or some strong dragon under their command. How about yours opinions?

New enemy?

in Living World

Posted by: Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

Well, the drill sent out a surge that went westward into the Maguuma jungle, and we saw a huge, scaly mouth open deep underground there. Marjory spoke afterwards about investigating the “roar” that was heard, and her Seraph sister mentioned heading into Brisban.

So, altogether, I think chances are good we’ll be fighting the Jotun in their icy mountain lairs in S2.

(edited by Neilos Tyrhanos.5427)

New enemy?

in Living World

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Trahearne will go check it out alone, just like he did in Orr …

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

New enemy?

in Living World

Posted by: Uleq.4351

Uleq.4351

But it looked like dragon. I think we will have something like dragon awoken, then it merges from underground. We will get remap there and fight it and it minions.

New enemy?

in Living World

Posted by: Hobbs.9260

Hobbs.9260

Well, the drill sent out a surge that went westward into the Maguuma jungle, and we saw a huge, scaly mouth open deep underground there. Marjory spoke afterwards about investigating the “roar” that was heard, and her Seraph sister mentioned heading into Brisban.

So, altogether, I think chances are good we’ll be fighting the Jotun in their icy mountain lairs in S2.

it has been realized and told to us a long time ago that it is magumma jungle that we are going to – part desert/part jungle – where do u get juton and icy mountains from? U even specificly mention Brisban which is the exact opposite direction of any mountains.

80 ele Deaths Misstress [DEAD] – Blackgate NA East Coast

New enemy?

in Living World

Posted by: Hobbs.9260

Hobbs.9260

I dont think we will have a specific boss/foe like we did with Scarlet. It will be a dragon, his champions and minions.

80 ele Deaths Misstress [DEAD] – Blackgate NA East Coast

New enemy?

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I think your sense of humor was lost in this thread. ; )

New enemy?

in Living World

Posted by: Hellafelon.5376

Hellafelon.5376

I don’t think we will be fighting the dragon this Season. We will go out into the Maguuma most likely, to investigate the lore. Some kitten with the White mantle/bandits will happen, and some of Mordremoth’s minions will be present, but unrelated. The Finale of the season will probably Mordremoth’s in-game reveal, and he will probable destroy something, or at least to significant damage to something, which will mark him as an urgent threat, where he will probably be hunted down and killed in season 3.

New enemy?

in Living World

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Mordremoth is the secret love child of Zhaitan and Trahearne.

New enemy?

in Living World

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

There are still 5 other Elder Dragaons, so I assume the conclusion of Season 2 will be killing Mordremoth. It would take ages if they give us 1 Dragon every two years. But we’ll see.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

New enemy?

in Living World

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I think I’d be let down if we killed Mordy in season 2 honestly as it would be potentially too predictable. (And too easy?) Personally I think it should take a bit more than that, but that’s just my thoughts on it. I’d love to see more plot development when it comes to ‘discovering’ our foe, how to beat him, and then the actual push to do so.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

New enemy?

in Living World

Rouven.7409

I think I’d be let down if we killed Mordy in season 2 honestly as it would be potentially too predictable. (And too easy?) Personally I think it should take a bit more than that, but that’s just my thoughts on it. I’d love to see more plot development when it comes to ‘discovering’ our foe, how to beat him, and then the actual push to do so.

I agree with you. Most stories would now show a different scene, a development somewhere else and so on and those threads will come back together later.

But … we’ve seen that this might not work as well for this format? Lot’s of people were confused and frustrated that they couldn’t follow the story.

I’m sure we should make some “new” friends on the way to deal with the new threat anyways (and help them with something first). Maybe things will make more sense to a lot of people when they can read up in the “personal story” log.

New enemy?

in Living World

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I agree with you. Most stories would now show a different scene, a development somewhere else and so on and those threads will come back together later.

But … we’ve seen that this might not work as well for this format? Lot’s of people were confused and frustrated that they couldn’t follow the story.

I’m sure we should make some “new” friends on the way to deal with the new threat anyways (and help them with something first). Maybe things will make more sense to a lot of people when they can read up in the “personal story” log.

Unfortunately there seems to be a growing trend, which is mildly disturbing, where if things are not linear and clearly laid out people just don’t “get it.” Not just in the game format, but in movies and books now as well. Like we’ve lost the ability process and understand such things, resulting in said confusion and frustration. Honestly, to me, having everything laid out is kind of boring. I don’t need it explained to me in great detail generally speaking.

I think part of the issue with the game format though, is simply how it is presented. Some of the information you have to find, other things are hinted at, and other things are clearly laid out but can be missed if you don’t know what to look or listen for.

LS1 had flaws in its story presentation due to several factors. The first being that there was too much ‘lets try this’ involved. There was no clear, concise method of delivery until later in the story, and even then it was a little hit or miss. You had written stories on the website, cut scenes in the game, dialogs on facebook and twitter, dialogs that you’d miss if you mapped out too quickly or didn’t talk to the npc, etc. GW2 is very much a game about being curious, about poking your nose in corners and asking questions and just exploring, not just watching the cut scene; however, not everyone plays that way and as such those people tended to miss out on chunks of information. Resulting in frustration and confusion.

That leads to flaw 2. Unlike a book or movie, in LS1 there was no way to ‘rewind’ and find what you missed. Yes, you could go check wiki or dulfy or any number of external resources, but that’s not what people desire to do. They want to be able to go back and experience it, on their own time as they feel like doing it (one of the biggest gripes of the timed temporary content). For those of us that did catch those things, that did crawl all over the new content like fleas, it wasn’t as big a deal to us because by the time the next patch came around and things moved on, we’d thoroughly consumed what was available. (Some of us even made notes and started speculating like little PIs on here).

There are other smaller flaws (like everything not being in the game), but those are the biggest two imo. Hopefully with the story journal these 2 will be addressed in a sufficient way to make the story more cohesive for people.

New enemy?

in Living World

Rouven.7409

Sorry, that was too long and complicated. Could you rephrase everything in one short sentence? Kidding!

Overall I don’t necessarily think that is a trend, there is always a need for light literature (movies/theatre etc) and always has been. “We” just might be at a stage in our life where we realize it more.

In general I believe this is an exiting time for the entertainment industry.

As for computer games, or MMORPGs, quite honestly I loved Swtor for not having to read. It was a step towards the illusion of being the character (sort of). I love to read books actually, but I never cared too much for reading in games – it brakes the pace.

Anyways, I guess we are going a bit off topic here, sorry OP. Let’s hope for nice new enemies, presented in an engaging format.

New enemy?

in Living World

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

I agree with you as well…however with all the hype from the cut scene i feel like a large amount of casual players would go crazy if we didn’t get any sort of dragon fight in S2.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

New enemy?

in Living World

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Sorry, that was too long and complicated. Could you rephrase everything in one short sentence? Kidding!

Overall I don’t necessarily think that is a trend, there is always a need for light literature (movies/theatre etc) and always has been. “We” just might be at a stage in our life where we realize it more.

In general I believe this is an exiting time for the entertainment industry.

As for computer games, or MMORPGs, quite honestly I loved Swtor for not having to read. It was a step towards the illusion of being the character (sort of). I love to read books actually, but I never cared too much for reading in games – it brakes the pace.

Anyways, I guess we are going a bit off topic here, sorry OP. Let’s hope for nice new enemies, presented in an engaging format.

Yes, there has always been a need for lighter fare in entertainment, but it feels like that’s all people can grasp these days. Usually when things start getting complex people start whining. Like using their brains hurts them or something. Its just very annoying.

I don’t enjoy reading walls of text in games either, if I wanted to do that I’d read a book (which I do often). You’re right its sort of a drag, but I don’t think they’ve done too badly with the necessary reading in the game.

I agree with you as well…however with all the hype from the cut scene i feel like a large amount of casual players would go crazy if we didn’t get any sort of dragon fight in S2.

Well that could be handled through a champion or two. I fully expect at least one champion while we work through the story, which will turn into a new world boss.

New enemy?

in Living World

Posted by: Underdark.3726

Underdark.3726

It will end with a fight with Mordy’s champ that will become a new world boss like Teq.

New enemy?

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I have been thinking of Season 1 akin to the first half of the personal story – up to killing Blightghast – and Season 2 will be akin to the second half of the personal story.

Putting aside mechanical aspects and story deliveries that is. Plot wise, season 1 was pretty hectic in plots and ended with a powerful villain who caused distruction; the first half of the personal story was the same, beginning with multiple disjointed story arcs and ending with the death of a major villain and Dragon champion who caused destruction, though Blightghast was largely unknown to players and didn’t cause the same level of destruction.

Season 2 will no doubt carry on season 1, and is undoubtedly only separated due to a need for a break and reformatting story and content delivery. Season 2 thus should conclude Scarlet’s plot – with Mordremoth’s defeat (and if separate beings, the entity’s too).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

New enemy?

in Living World

Hellafelon.5376

Season 2 thus should conclude Scarlet’s plot – with Mordremoth’s defeat.

I thought that initially, but I have been thinking about it recently: Our character’s don’t even know who Mordremoth is, if he poses a threat, his minions, etc. They only have a vague understanding that there was a roar in the jungle, and it might be a dragon.

In the Personal Story, Zhaitan was a Major threat in the world. His minions constantly invade, he has a massive army, His presence is literally everywhere throughout the world. We are introduced to him (his minions/presence) in the first act of the story, and we defeat him in the third act.

If we rush into the jungle and take down Mordremoth so quickly after learning about him, I don’t think the story will have good ‘flow’. In the story journal, The Personal Story has been split into three parts: My Story, The Order’s Of Tyria, an The Elder Dragon Zhaitan. If we were to draw comparisons to the Mordremoth Arc, I think it would probably look like this:

My Story = Season 1 = Introduction to a ‘New Threat’
The Orders of Tyria = Season 2 = The part that marks the Dragon as an Urgent Threat
The Elder Dragon Zhaitan = Season 3 = Confronting the threat

New enemy?

in Living World

Konig Des Todes.2086

Our characters viewed Zhaitan as nothing more than a distant name behind a rare occurring army until Battle of Claw Island. If you play a norn, priory, quaggan then you will never encounter Risen before Claw Island but instead focus almost solely on icebrood (and dredge). Even asura have a slim chance at interacting with risen in the story if they don’t go hylek sympathy.

I could see how you’re dividing it in comparison to the Personal Story, but I think that Season 1 was, overall, a lot more than what would effectively be the first 2 or 3 chapters of the personal story (since the Elder Dragons, and for most Zhaitan specifically, are beginning to be presented to player characters at the third chapter where you chose to join an Order).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

New enemy?

in Living World

Hellafelon.5376

Thats a good point actually. Its been a while since I’ve done any personal story, and the journal I looked at was a Sylvari, Whispers aligned, hylek sympathizer. My story was almost entirely devoted to the Risen and zhaitan.

I guess it really depends on how long season 2 is. I’ve heard claims that it has been said that season 2 will be much shorter than season one (although that was more than a year…), but I still don’t see us fighting Mordremoth at the end of season 2 unless it is almost entirely devoted to building him up as an antagonist.

Then again, the pact is already looking into the situation with that roar, which is something I forgot about… Alot of the personal story was about Coming together to stop the dragons, Well, we are already all together, we just need another Dragon. I’m not too sure Mordremoth should count as a huge threat considering he just woke up, but you may as well get ’em while they are down, eh?

New enemy?

in Living World

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

If we rush into the jungle and take down Mordremoth so quickly after learning about him, I don’t think the story will have good ‘flow’.

Mordy wakes up. Feeling a bit peckish and spying a Yak a short distance off, he prepares to chow down. But suddenly he gets WTF powned by a massive Zerg before he can even rotate the camera.

Then they build some Balistas and an ACs and spawn camp him while dancing on his corpse.

Welcome to GW2 Mordy! This is how we roll.

(edited by Wanderer.3248)

New enemy?

in Living World

Posted by: Kurrilino.2706

Kurrilino.2706

Actually the hints are very clear.
They said, we will need a lot of water and condition remover.

If we go back to GW1 Ventarys retreat area we see what they mean with lots of water.
And if we go further into the jungle we experienced millions of spiders roping down from trees when walking by. These spiders spammed a lot of conditions like poison and crippling.

I guess this is exactly how it will be.
Expansion of the dry areas in Maguuma Wastes plus more real jungle to the north where spiders and condition spammers are waiting.

New enemy?

in Living World

Posted by: Ngeluz.4860

Ngeluz.4860

At first I was very upset to the point I stop playing…

1) I was disappointed with the fight with Zhaitan as I did the Dungeon only to find that big corpse Lupi instead of the final fight with the dragon…

2) Then there was the vote stuff, I thought to my self: oh wow Abbaddon manipulating everything until the final fight was what got me to play GW1! I love to see that fractal event of him again!! But the votes won for the reactor…. so I just got over it and move on…

3) Fire and Ice got my interest and that Alliance…it was very intriguing… as I wondered who could be behind all that… as the story continue it got me thinking… about scarlet, what was happening to her, what she saw beyond the pale tree… I even created a post (This Nightmare Scarlet…the true villian?, among other similar theories…) of how exited I was it could be new evil god or old one… I guess I was nostalgic to play old lore stuff with the new GW2 look… Then she said as she died about this New Master, yet it points out that its the dragon Mordy…

4) SO I was just confuse because the Dragons was mention that they are destruction it self a force of nature they wake eat and then go to sleep… any hit of intelligence is just instinct. Then I thought… wait in GW1 the story was always telling us that the villain was this or that but it was just almost at the end that its revealed that a TRUE mastermind was making all this stuff happen… the story was so powerful in the end that I really love it… even though we know next to nothing about Abbadon his past or anything of the gods he left such a POWERFUL impression even if his permanently gone, he left his scar on the world, even in the new goddess (always wondered if there was a alternative motive for blinding Komir, besides it being an evil act of cruelty). I was even shock to know that Shiro was under his power! I could not belive such a BAD A*** guy like that could be just a puppet to this god… so, in the end it was like whoa* this Abbadon guy is in a whole different level…which make the final fight the more epic!

Point of this is that it got me thinking, Anet story telling always have a way to leave you guessing, always pointing out plain to see villains or have you not knowing what’s really going on, yet in the end showing us that there was more to it that it was plain to see, that there is a logic to it all… So IM VERY EXITED, to see what all this turns out to show us… but until then I’m just taking a break to see what S2 brings… I’m sure it will be epic…even now that we can go back and experience all of it…

Heck, If they open up to replay stories from GW1 in GW2 I pay anything for that!!! Those stories where very cool! So lets give them time I’m sure it wont disappoint… lets see what the story reveals as we play it through…

(edited by Ngeluz.4860)

New enemy?

in Living World

Posted by: Neko Dudley.2495

Neko Dudley.2495

I would like to see the new boss turn out to be Rotscale and his horde of bone dragons, but I think the probability of that is extremely low.

Gate of Madness [MAL] EB
Yarr! I be keeping me pirate runes, Matey. Yarr! You’re welcome. Yarr!

New enemy?

in Living World

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I would like to see the new boss turn out to be Rotscale and his horde of bone dragons, but I think the probability of that is extremely low.

That would be freaking awesome. Especially if he got an upgrade

But yes, I agree. Highly unlikely. Though, it would be a great way for them to reintroduce his bow skin to the game too.

Cmon Anet, make it happen! (I’ll even send you guys cookies!)

New enemy?

in Living World

Konig Des Todes.2086

4) SO I was just confuse because the Dragons was mention that they are destruction it self a force of nature they wake eat and then go to sleep… any hit of intelligence is just instinct.

That’s just your standard Tyrian’s view of the Elder Dragons. But if we look deeply, there are many hints of intelligence. The best case coming from Edge of Destiny where we see Kralkatorrik strategize. In the Personal Story’s later half, we see Zhaitan sending his minions to eliminate threats before they can truly threaten him (the Order HQs, the dwarven tome during Forging the Pact, an attempt to defame the PC and kill Trahearne if you did the “letting down allies” path where you kill a bunch of Vigil on accident thinking them to be risen).

There’s quite a lot hinting towards their intelligence. And it’s known that Elder Dragons know everything their minions did and do know – meaning that each Elder Dragon that corrupts living beings… has the knowledge of countless civilizations within their head. Perhaps Primordus and the DSD (maybe even Mordremoth) do not, since they don’t seem – by any current appearance – to corrupt living beings (or at least, not usually), but the others certainly do and all of them have all the knowledge of all their minions.

So long as they don’t give him a personality and they keep something close to his old model with him (y’know, just not giving him Tequatl’s model or some cheesy stuff), I would LOVE to see Rotscale return.

Rotscale, Verata, Galrath, Shiro, and the titans were my favorite enemies of GW1. Shiro for his story, Rotscale and the titans for their challenge and set up, and I’m not sure why I enjoyed fighting Verata and Galrath so much – I guess the whole “cliffside battle” felt nice? Or there were so many that it provided a nice challenge in Prophecies (absolutely easy by the time of Eye of the North though, let alone War in Kryta).

Dear ANet writers,

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

New enemy?

in Living World

Posted by: Neko Dudley.2495

Neko Dudley.2495

But yes, I agree. Highly unlikely. Though, it would be a great way for them to reintroduce his bow skin to the game too.

They could use it to bring in the mausoleum, and the opportunity for a really good Halloween themed mini-dungeon.

Gate of Madness [MAL] EB
Yarr! I be keeping me pirate runes, Matey. Yarr! You’re welcome. Yarr!

New enemy?

in Living World

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

Well story wise it will probably not fit much but we might still get to experiance the little dragon with his little friends. I mean we know there is a high chance (nearly a certainty) that we will be moving inward into the maguuma jungle. I think there is a pretty good chance we’ll start off with a zone joined to brisbane. I guess there is a 50% chance we’ll be moving north or west. If we move north the mausoleum should fall right into that zone. Provided he didnt move away in the last 250 years it could make for a great dungeon or at least mini dungeon. Probably more of a mini dungeon but it would be a crime to simply leave him out I’d say. If we’re lucky they’ll end up opening the whole area eventually perhaps opening say 1 zone a month. ehh that would be nice!

New enemy?

in Living World

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Well story wise it will probably not fit much but we might still get to experiance the little dragon with his little friends. I mean we know there is a high chance (nearly a certainty) that we will be moving inward into the maguuma jungle. I think there is a pretty good chance we’ll start off with a zone joined to brisbane. I guess there is a 50% chance we’ll be moving north or west. If we move north the mausoleum should fall right into that zone. Provided he didnt move away in the last 250 years it could make for a great dungeon or at least mini dungeon. Probably more of a mini dungeon but it would be a crime to simply leave him out I’d say. If we’re lucky they’ll end up opening the whole area eventually perhaps opening say 1 zone a month. ehh that would be nice!

Hmmm yeah not sure how’d they’d shoehorn him into the story, or if they should. He could simply be just one of the mysteries we come across I suppose, depending on if he’s still guarding that mausoleum or not. We didn’t know much about him, lore-wise, in GW1 either.

Could make for some interesting mini / side story if they so chose.

New enemy?

in Living World

Galen Grey.4709

Hmmm yeah not sure how’d they’d shoehorn him into the story, or if they should. He could simply be just one of the mysteries we come across I suppose, depending on if he’s still guarding that mausoleum or not. We didn’t know much about him, lore-wise, in GW1 either.

Could make for some interesting mini / side story if they so chose.

no not part of the main story thats for sure. But the mausoleum could still be there and like your typical mini dungeon it could serve as a jumping puzzle with enemies and perhaps the mausoleum could have some sort of open ceiling or big balcony with a chest and as you approach the chest Rotscale could fly in? chest might also have a small chance to drop rotwing for extra awesomeness. Then again if they open new zones they might actually include new world bosses and Rotscale would be a prime candidate for that a new epic encounter would better serve and cause I am greedy we keep the mausoleum mini dungeon too and have Rotscale a separate timed event that happens in the area. Okey maybe I am overdoing it now

New enemy?

in Living World

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Oh dear gods, can you imagine the mausoleum as a jumping puzzle? Potentially tight spaces with the current camera….I think I’d cry. Now, a mini dungeon on the other hand, I’m good with that. I’d love to see bone / rotting dragons again. Wasn’t it rumored he was guarding treasure? Some special weapon maybe?

He would make for a decent Meta event I think, considering he had his own army of undead. Unless something wiped them out in the last 250 years (and wouldn’t we have heard about that?), they could have easily spread across what was Majesty’s Rest and need to be pushed back / contained. Hell, they could turn the mausoleum into a full dungeon at that point and use the event to open it, similar to how CoE works.

Lot of options for him… (Here we are brainstorming and we don’t even know if he’ll make an appearance)

New enemy?

in Living World

Galen Grey.4709

yeah but at least we just confirmed they’re opening new zone(s) in the maguuma region so well that gets us closer if only a little tiny bit

New enemy?

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

I’d join in on voting for a minidungeon rather than a jumping puzzle – although it could be a minidungeon with jumping puzzle elements. An interesting way of doing things could be to have Rotscale and his buddies as a meta-event, and then have a minidungeon designed to cope with a massive invasion as a followup after you’ve got a group together for the Take Down Rotscale event.

If it’s done that way, though, I’d prefer him not to be treated as a world boss. He should be something that can realistically be taken down by, oh, eight people playing smart, with rewards appropriate to that.

That said, though, I believe it was said at one point that, officially, Rotscale was killed by Keiran.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

New enemy?

in Living World

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Just a tiny bit (but I betcha we go west, not north)

New enemy?

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

I’d join that bet on Lanfear’s side, but OTOH, ArenaNet wanted to do western Kryta on release and didn’t manage to fit it in the schedule – this might be their opportunity to get it in.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

New enemy?

in Living World

LanfearShadowflame.3189

That said, though, I believe it was said at one point that, officially, Rotscale was killed by Keiran.

I hadn’t heard this, but always possible.

New enemy?

in Living World

Galen Grey.4709

Okey I will vote north than, not because i am particularly confident we’re going north but a bet is boring if everyone votes the same