New players buying gw2/ LS bundle

in Living World

Posted by: Beast Sos.1457

Beast Sos.1457

I’m not new to the game but i was j.w if a new player would buy gw2 today, would they get the LS season 2 or will they have to buy it from the gem store? IMO, the living story season 2 should come with a newly purchased copy of the game.

I would be one mad customer if i just bought the game and noticed i cant even play through the whole story line unless i pay for the episodes. That would be a huge turn off to the game.

I’d also like to add, i think that after every LS season, the chapters should be bundled and sold for a cheaper price, say 1000 gems per season. 200 gems per chapter isnt much but when you have to buy all of them at once its pricey.

in Living World

Beast Sos.1457

Bump. I need a answer to know if i should recommend the game to friends or not. I know they wouldnt be willing to buy a game that doesnt give the full story with their purchase.

in Living World

Posted by: TDC.1627

TDC.1627

You would get the Main Personal Story and all open world content released to date.

You would not get to

1. Play Season 1
2. Play Season 2 (without paying 200 Gems per episode)

It is not known if Heart Of Thorns will included LS Season 2 as part of its cost or if Season 2 will be relased as a discounted bundle.

in Living World

Beast Sos.1457

You would get the Main Personal Story and all open world content released to date.

You would not get to

1. Play Season 1
2. Play Season 2 (without paying 200 Gems per episode)

It is not known if Heart Of Thorns will included LS Season 2 as part of its cost or if Season 2 will be relased as a discounted bundle.

Honestly thats a bad decision on Anets part. If someone buys a game they expect to be able to play all the content in that game. Its not like these are bonus missions that dont really affect the story. Very bad business model imo.

Thanks for the reply!

in Living World

Posted by: TDC.1627

TDC.1627

Well the LS has alwasy been for people logging in at that time to play that story step over a 2 week period. Log in every 2 weeks, get that story for free. Miss out you can still reply (unlicke Season 1 where if you missed out if was gone for good). No one knows how they will handle the seasons or the expansions and what that means for the LS Stories.

Note: They can still “play” the episodes by playing with a friend who has them unlocked. They just can not earn any achievements or rewards from the LS Stories.

in Living World

Beast Sos.1457

Well the LS has alwasy been for people logging in at that time to play that story step over a 2 week period. Log in every 2 weeks, get that story for free. Miss out you can still reply (unlicke Season 1 where if you missed out if was gone for good). No one knows how they will handle the seasons or the expansions and what that means for the LS Stories.

Note: They can still “play” the episodes by playing with a friend who has them unlocked. They just can not earn any achievements or rewards from the LS Stories.

I dont think thats what the LW was for. The LW was something Anet wanted to try. They wanted to innovate and ill give them that.

If the LW wasnt about the elder dragons then okay fine np, its not going to affect your overall experience in the game. But when you buy a game and cant access half the content, which is part of the overall story, then you got yourself a problem.

Thats understandable but when playing a MMO a big part is rewards so to do something and to get nothing out of it is pretty b.s.

(edited by Beast Sos.1457)

in Living World

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Living story season 2 probably will eventually be sold as a package deal (as in a season 2 “box set”) for marketing purposes. As for including it with the game, the game is already discounted. If they were to include it, they would return the game to its original price ($59.99) which is the equivalent of its current price plus buying season 2 ($39.99 + $20).

in Living World

Beast Sos.1457

Living story season 2 probably will eventually be sold as a package deal (as in a season 2 “box set”) for marketing purposes. As for including it with the game, the game is already discounted. If they were to include it, they would return the game to its original price ($59.99) which is the equivalent of its current price plus buying season 2 ($39.99 + $20).

There is no reason they would have to raise the price. Lets face it, LW season 2 barley had any content. The story got good dont get me wrong but content wise its lacking hard. There are a few fun fights but a lot of it is running around like a headless chicken. I would agree with you if there was a substantial amount of content but there isnt.

in Living World

Posted by: Bunnikk.2146

Bunnikk.2146

I can see them charging 10 dollars for the complete season two package (maybe 1000 gems). I find anything more unbelievable as all of the content I truly enjoyed was the open world content. The actual story line and plot has more holes and unanswered questions than fulfillment. The only episode I enjoyed for story content was The Library and Glint’s Layer. It felt like a mini dungeon and I enjoyed running it multiple times. The rest of the content was less than awesome. There were some decent fights but the poorly written story overshadows that for me.

[RAWR] Monsters of Tyria
Monster of choice – Kitsune
Megaserver formerly known as Blackgate

in Living World

Beast Sos.1457

Can we get a official answer from Anet?! It would be nice to know how they plan on handling this.

in Living World

Posted by: Drede.4701

Drede.4701

The current price of the game plus the $20 in gems for season 2 is the same as the price of the game was when it came out. Seems like that is already a good deal. Anet has said in various posts that season 2 is free for the weeks that episode is current and that’s it. Technically it would only be $17.50 since episode 8 will probably stay current for awhile just like episode 4 did during the midseason break and episode 7 did during wintersday.

The many different ways I can spell Regnilond xD
Guardians of the Creed [HATE]
Yak’s Bend

in Living World

Beast Sos.1457

The current price of the game plus the $20 in gems for season 2 is the same as the price of the game was when it came out. Seems like that is already a good deal. Anet has said in various posts that season 2 is free for the weeks that episode is current and that’s it. Technically it would only be $17.50 since episode 8 will probably stay current for awhile just like episode 4 did during the midseason break and episode 7 did during wintersday.

Season 2 is free for people who already have the game and log on at those times. This post is about new people buying the game. Youre tell me that season 2, 8 eps, is worth half of what gw2 costs atm? Its not even close to 1/8, maybe even less, of the content that you get when buying gw2. To be forced to pay 20$ for such a small amount of content is absurd. And no a new player cant afford gems with gold and wont be able to for months.

in Living World

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Its not even close to 1/8, maybe even less, of the content that you get when buying gw2. To be forced to pay 20$ for such a small amount of content is absurd.

You’re not forced to buy it. I agree with you wholeheartedly, $20 for Season 2 is a rip-off, but no one is forcing new players to buy it.

in Living World

Posted by: Ailwynn.9632

Ailwynn.9632

There is generally a price of some sort to be paid for being a late adopter. Regardless of the inclusion of season 2, the game is immensely worth the price, especially if you get it at a discount (which happens fairly regularly and was not available to early adopters who paid full price). It’s a tradeoff.

in Living World

Beast Sos.1457

Its not even close to 1/8, maybe even less, of the content that you get when buying gw2. To be forced to pay 20$ for such a small amount of content is absurd.

You’re not forced to buy it. I agree with you wholeheartedly, $20 for Season 2 is a rip-off, but no one is forcing new players to buy it.

I guess its not forcing if the player doesnt want to know kitten all about the gw2 lore. If someone actually wants to understand the lore in the game they’re playing they are forced, for a lack of better words, to pay extra on top of the initial purchase.

in Living World

Beast Sos.1457

There is generally a price of some sort to be paid for being a late adopter. Regardless of the inclusion of season 2, the game is immensely worth the price, especially if you get it at a discount (which happens fairly regularly and was not available to early adopters who paid full price). It’s a tradeoff.

Not that I know of? Especially in the gw franchise. The game has been out for 2 and a half years now, so one would expect the game being less valuable. If a new Air Jordan shoe is released, will it be the same price 2 years after that release? Not a chance it will be much cheaper but we dont call that a discount.

You are paying 40$ for the game already, so to have to pay another 20$ on top of that for, as i mentioned before, less than 1/8 of the content you get with the box is madness.

in Living World

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

If you don’t want to pay for it, simply find a friend that has access to it and join their instance. You won’t get any rewards out of it, but you can see the story.

The game is only $20 when it goes on sale, which if you add the cost of season 2, it’s regular price. They probably will reduce its price, but not for another 6-12 months. If they are releasing an expansion, they could even bundle it with the deluxe edition, but veteran players would complain since they would be paying for something they already have, regardless of if it was a free bonus.

in Living World

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

GW2 is a great game, it’s just sad so much content has been removed. It’s unfair that new players since early 2014 never got to play SAB.

in Living World

Posted by: ekimsfree.9406

ekimsfree.9406

Hasn’t anyone heard that life is not fair. Unless past LS is advertised on the box as being a part of the game, there is no reason new players deserve to be able to access it for free – none. Not even taking into account the complaints that would arise from players who were currently playing the game but wasn’t able to log in for whatever reason. They have to pay but a new player doesn’t…

And LS is a good way for Anet to generate more revenue, and the more they can get from LS, the little bit less they have to rely solely on the gem store, which benefits the players – more in game armors, Hooray!

in Living World

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

Not that I know of? Especially in the gw franchise. The game has been out for 2 and a half years now, so one would expect the game being less valuable. If a new Air Jordan shoe is released, will it be the same price 2 years after that release? Not a chance it will be much cheaper but we dont call that a discount.

You are paying 40$ for the game already, so to have to pay another 20$ on top of that for, as i mentioned before, less than 1/8 of the content you get with the box is madness.

Many MMOs release expansion at the same price as the original game.
Do you think the expansion has as much as content as the base-game?

in Living World

Beast Sos.1457

If you don’t want to pay for it, simply find a friend that has access to it and join their instance. You won’t get any rewards out of it, but you can see the story.

The game is only $20 when it goes on sale, which if you add the cost of season 2, it’s regular price. They probably will reduce its price, but not for another 6-12 months. If they are releasing an expansion, they could even bundle it with the deluxe edition, but veteran players would complain since they would be paying for something they already have, regardless of if it was a free bonus.

I know you can play with a friends but you get nothing in return for your time spent. When playing a MMO to do something and get nothing, it just doesnt fit.

I guess i can recommend the game to my friends when its on sale, but i think they will still be a turn off to have to buy the rest of the story from the gem shop. The price tag fo the LS isnt worth, doesnt matter what you get the game for. If i pay 20$ for gw2 then notice i have to pay another 20 for barley any content id be kittened. Lets face it the LW season 2 has barley any content (excluding the story).

in Living World

Beast Sos.1457

Gw1 did. /15

in Living World

Beast Sos.1457

Hasn’t anyone heard that life is not fair. Unless past LS is advertised on the box as being a part of the game, there is no reason new players deserve to be able to access it for free – none. Not even taking into account the complaints that would arise from players who were currently playing the game but wasn’t able to log in for whatever reason. They have to pay but a new player doesn’t…

And LS is a good way for Anet to generate more revenue, and the more they can get from LS, the little bit less they have to rely solely on the gem store, which benefits the players – more in game armors, Hooray!

Life isnt fair but we’re playing a game here so that fact doesnt hold up. When you play a game you expect to get the whole story out of it not half then the rest of the story is gated behind the gem shop. Either pay 20$, which isnt worth it AT ALL, or play a friends instance but dont get kitten for your time.

in Living World

Beast Sos.1457

We were never suppose to be “forced” to buy gems from the gem shop but with this addition id say otherwise. The gem shop was for anet to fund future content and expansions, not to put actual pve content in there like a mission and such. It was for cosmetics and small bonuses like xp boost and such. You can actually argue that in a way its p2w hehe. I say this bc with the LW you can get ascended trinkets from doing the achivs. Thats a power up for buying content off the gem shop. I know i took it a bit far and the power difference is tiny but it just shows that this wasnt meant to be how the gem shop works.

in Living World

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

Gw1 did. /15

GW1 wasn’t an MMORPG

in Living World

Posted by: ekimsfree.9406

ekimsfree.9406

Life isnt fair but we’re playing a game here so that fact doesnt hold up. When you play a game you expect to get the whole story out of it not half then the rest of the story is gated behind the gem shop. Either pay 20$, which isnt worth it AT ALL, or play a friends instance but dont get kitten for your time.[/quote]

You are getting the game that was sold to us all and all the story that came with it – PERSONAL STORY. You should read your terms of agreement to know what you should expect if you are confused.