"New" rewards in WvW - Can't prove by me

in Living World

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

QUOTE:

“Don’t forget our recent reward change – at the end of every matchup you participate in, you’ll be rewarded with one, two, or three bonus chests based on your server’s performance, and those chests have all been updated to be more rewarding than ever.”

From what I can see and the “reward” I received, it seems to me that two items from a chest for top achievement of the three servers, one being a cheap rare (20ish silver) and a green item whose only “worth” would be to salvage it – a single silver or less isn’t a “reward” for this kind of success.

Please correct me if I am wrong – but Ft. Aspenwood beat out the other two servers in the freshly past matchup just before the servers were changed – how are two items for hours of dedicated WvW participation “reward” any player?

Honestly, I can make more in rares, salvageables, and silver by just doing a world zerg on any of the maps that are doing them. I didn’t feel “rewarded” at all.

I love WvW but the “rewards” are a joke compared to PvE.

I hope that Anet understands the time that people are putting into WvW is worth it on principal but the rewards are the “end game” for many and that “end game” for WvW “seasons” is not being satisfied when compared to PvE dungeons and world events.

I thought pvp was bad off… I was wrong, at least one is “even” in PvP, many in WvW have been in there a year longer than those joining – what reason do they have to come back and spend the time necessary to win a WvW “season”?

I hope this isn’t seen as a complaint, I am not complaining. What I am trying to do is ask why the rewards are so completely different for WvW and huge participation but so good for a two hour dungeon or an hour of PvE running..?

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Living World

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

in my opinion in those chests there should be a (( few )) laurels and badges and maybe 1-5 gold ?

you know something that worths more then anything that we getting now ? basically nothing ?

example

1 chest

1-3 laurels
100-200 badges
1-5 gold

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2