New theory: What we saw ...

in Living World

Posted by: Maria Murtor.7253

Maria Murtor.7253

… in Omadds machine and on the picture. Well, it looks kind of a bloodstone.. Powerfull magic sealed by the human gods.

Attachments:

Guild Wars 2 – Musicvideo: Claws and Steel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghA_efMiWkg

in Living World

Posted by: Countess Aire.9410

Countess Aire.9410

It also looks like the map you fight in Nightfall. So maybe that is where the bloodstone represents. Just thinking out loud.

in Living World

Posted by: Arghore.8340

Arghore.8340

Put a picture up there of ‘The Realm of Torment’ as well… personally I think all of them represent the way ‘the world & magic’ works. While I have myself tried to link the breakdown of the Realm of Torment to the Vision, it seems to not be possible as a one on one…

But some of the overlap does make sense, f/e the center of the Realm of Torment holds the only piece of ‘true Tyria’. Aka. it’s an actual piece of Tyria… The other sides are not, and represent created realms. Pointing in the direction that the Gods, when creating the realm of Torment as a prison for Abaddon (or ‘terraforming’ an existing piece of the mists) they used the blue print of reality to do so…

Aka. the Center of the ‘machine’ represents the ‘physical world’. Not necessarily that the white orb is Tyria (it could be an orb just like the others, or represent the same thing). But that the center itself holds the physical world, and after one of the orbs clashes into it, it now influences said ‘physical world’.

We are peace, we are war. We are how we treat each other and nothing more…
25 okt 2014 – PinkDay in LA

in Living World

Posted by: Thaia.5146

Thaia.5146

I had a theory couple of days ago:
In Guild Wars 1 we could see a strange inscryption carved in the Bloodstones located in the Maguuma Jungle and Abaddon’s Mouth It was also present on the Bloodstone Caves’ door and it looked like this: http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/3/3e/Bloodstone_Inscription.png

I decided to simplify it a bit and overlay on the GW1/GW2 map to match the known locations of the Bloodstones.

Here are the results (Warning – this image is heavy!):
http://i.imgur.com/4j1W6zQ.jpg

in Living World

Posted by: Dakota.4591

Dakota.4591

And the center of the map points to the Dominion of Winds.

Tengu confirmed.

in Living World

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

Maybe it’s just some kind of running gag symbol without an actual connection between each appearances.
Would be kinda disappointing, but who knows…

in Living World

Posted by: Eravyn.7483

Eravyn.7483

So, as someone who has yet to play GW1, I’ve always wondered what the rock behind Queen Jennah’s throne is. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/6/68/Queen%27s_Throne_Room.png

The wiki says it’s thought to be the bloodstone from Bloodstone Fen. Is Divinity’s Reach built into the shape of that symbol? If so, does Jennah know something about the bloodstones? Some knowledge passed down, I don’t know.

in Living World

Arghore.8340

@Eravyn
You should look into the legend of the bloodstones, at one point the gods break it up and it is sealed with the blood of King Doric. He is the king of Kryta, and consequently anyone from his bloodline would be the king of Kryta (well the first in line, etc for all others). Also legend says that his bloodline is tasked with keeping the bloodstones secure and safe, so that it ‘can not’ be reassembled and as such used to give creatures in Tyria unlimited access to magic.

I do not think that stone in here throne room is a bloodstone, it is supposed to look like that though, and yes quite possibly even Divinities reach was designed by the humans to resemble the bloodstone inscription. But I see that more as a way of ‘propagandizing’ an historic relation of the Kingdom of Kryta, and the bloodline of King Doric with that of the legend of the bloodstones.

in Living World

Posted by: Avariz.8241

Avariz.8241

King Doric is the first king of Orr. He is not a king of Kryta nor a king of Ascalon.

in Living World

Arghore.8340

Guess we are both somewhat right and both somewhat wrong:
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/King_Doric
He is the first king of the united tribes of Humanity, so technically he was king of Orr, Kryta and that of Ascalon.

in Living World

Avariz.8241

During King Doric’s time there were only the kingdom of Orr. At the time there were no kingdom of Kryta. It did not exist at the time. There were no kingdom of Ascalon. It did not exist at the time. Later after King Doric died the Kingdom of Kryta was founded. Some time after the Kingdom of Ascalon was founded.

in Living World

Posted by: Fogeltje.3091

Fogeltje.3091

However, King Doric is said to be the progenitor of the royal houses of Ascalon and Kryta. Both Adelbern and Salma are supposed to be descended from him. Already during his reign humanity moved into Ascalon and Kryta and Queen Jennah is supposed to be a direct descendant.

“Great horns of the north wildly blowing. Rohan had come at last.”

in Living World

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

If you haven’t seen this by WoodenPotatoes he explores exactly this theory.

GW2: The Bloodstone Theory

Really interesting, check it out if you haven’t.

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

in Living World

Arghore.8340

@Avariz, read the wiki again?
“When he ruled, there was only one kingdom that spanned at least through Ascalon and Lion’s Arch. " … now semantically you are right, but locationally you are apparently wrong…

in Living World

Avariz.8241

The first king of Orr as in King of Orr is a title. King Dorric has that. He is King of Orr. King of Kryta is an official title. A number of people has that except King Doric. King Doric has never has the title, King of Kryta. No one has given King Doric the title King of Kryta except you.

Queen Elizabeth I is the Queen of many places and she has the titles for them all. Even though a number of her loyal subjects founded many colonies in the USA no one and absolutely no one gave her the title Queen of USA.

(edited by Avariz.8241)

in Living World

Posted by: DraconicDak.9340

DraconicDak.9340

To put it quite simply Doric’s bloodline split into the three kingdoms of humanity. All three royal lines could trace their blood back to Doric as proof of their legitimacy.

Member of I Can Outtweet a Centaur! [TWIT] | Writer for Under the Pale Tree
twitguild.enjin.com | thepaletree.net
Jade Quarry [JQ]

in Living World

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

In Guild Wars 1 we could see a strange inscryption carved in the Bloodstones located in the Maguuma Jungle and Abaddon’s Mouth It was also present on the Bloodstone Caves’ door and it looked like this: http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/3/3e/Bloodstone_Inscription.png

I decided to simplify it a bit and overlay on the GW1/GW2 map to match the known locations of the Bloodstones.

Wow! This is a fascinating find! Great work you may be on to something.

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

in Living World

Posted by: Eravyn.7483

Eravyn.7483

That video’s great. And about what he revealed at about 18:45 in the video, the thing you can find in GW2? If you go looking for it, careful not to get stuck. It’s definitely not ready for people to be climbing around in yet. I thought I was just following the path of the rocks, since they kind of circle, but then I got stuck in glitched out map. I found a forum from 2012 talking about it, so I assume it’s one of those things to expand on that’s been there since launch.

(edited by Eravyn.7483)

in Living World

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

During King Doric’s time there were only the kingdom of Orr. At the time there were no kingdom of Kryta. It did not exist at the time. There were no kingdom of Ascalon. It did not exist at the time. Later after King Doric died the Kingdom of Kryta was founded. Some time after the Kingdom of Ascalon was founded.

Kryta didn’t fully exist yet, although Lion’s Arch did. Ascalon, however, did exist, he actually helped settle it. So we can assume it existed in some provincial capacity.

It might be accurate to think of him as High King of the Tyrian humans; with Orr being the foremost and chief kingdom, Ascalon a secondary province, and Kryta a fledgling third settlement.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

(edited by Obsidian.1328)

in Living World

Posted by: JLDubz.1257

JLDubz.1257

Here is the problem with your theory. The bloodstone was split into 5 pieces not 6. The fifth piece is a keystone that is used to join the other pieces and was given to the bloodline of Doric (PS the royal Krytan locket that Mordremoth was trying to steal in the LS that has never been mentioned before and is called a “powerful magical artifact”)

This means that we know about 3 of the 4 pieces. The 4th is missing and I presume that Queen Jennah holds the keystone (the 5th piece) as she is currently the sole decadent of Doric.

My theory: Mordremoth is looking to reassemble the bloodstones just like Zhaitan was gathering artifacts to consume. This could also be what the vision was referencing. If Mordremoth was to reassemble the bloodstones the entirety of Tyria would be rocked. Magic as we know it would be transformed.

Engineer, Scientist, Philospher, Artist, Partisan. Why must I choose?