New world boss in the upcoming LW-update

in Living World

Posted by: Tristar.2687

Tristar.2687

Is there any solution for the overflow-problematic concerning a new world boss who was claimed to be quite difficult yet? Because to me this means a high grade of coordination (like e.g. Tequatl) and different groups having different tasks to do. This simply cannot be done on overflow servers (happened to me once on Teq that it actually worked there) since they are seen as an overflow-queue to the actual happening. Well, which they basically are.

So to me this upcoming content design has already quite a high frustration-potential even though i have no clue of whats really gonna happen. Is there anything planned to avoid this (to me) quite ridiculous problem for a MMO? Even the prequel had a solution on this by dividing in different districts because im not gonna spend a few hours idling on a server to wait for something that may fail on the first attempts on a high %.

in Living World

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Yes there is a fix to the Overflow and Main server problem.It’s quite simple actually.

Tequatl and all other revamped or new bosses which will come in the future should be made like the scarlet invasions.Once the event starts for interval of 10minutes it spreads through all overflows.So even if someone couldn’t get into his main server on time,they still will have a chance get into overflow with an active World Boss in it.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

in Living World

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

They should have a separate 70 men instance for each world boss.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs