Next alliance

Next alliance

in Living World

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Notice a pattern in Scarlet’s allinces? They’re all elements.

Molten uses the two fiery races, Atherblades are air/electric, and Toxic are nature.

The only thing questionable in this pattern is WHY Krait are affiliated with Earth, rather than Water? Perhap their heavy use of Poison makes them nature?

This begs the question, who will be the water-based alliance? Or is it possibly ice?

One other thing we’ve noticed is each alliance is they involve themselves with the racial antagonists. Molten with Flame Legion, Aetherblades with Inquest, and Toxic with Nightmare Court.

Logically, the next two alliances will involve the Sons of Svanir, or Bandits. But who would they ally with for the Water/Ice elements?

We do know from the Krait being Nature-affiliated, that ANET really thinks outside the box regarding elements.

I want to say Sons of Svanir + Grawl, yet that wouldn’t be possible because Grawl are a racial sympathy in the Personal Story.

So… Sons of Svanir + X? LARGOS!?!?

As for the “Earth” element (separate from Nature), I am betting on the Centaurs with Bandits.

(edited by Kain Francois.4328)

Next alliance

in Living World

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

I sincerely hope you are wrong. This is some very barebones, basic kitten. Dredge are more “earth” than fire. Krait are from the deep-sea and not “earthy” either. This seems like you’re trying to make things fit because you want them to.

That said, if you’re right, this game will prove to be very shallow in story.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Next alliance

in Living World

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

It can’t be sons of svanir though. They’re just zombies of Jormag, right? None of the other ones consist of known dragon minions. It’d be like the Risen siding with Scarlet.

Next alliance

in Living World

Posted by: Balekai.6083

Balekai.6083

I don’t believe the alliances are based on elements. Scarlet has an obsession of creating “pairs” of opposite things in order to minimize their weaknesses and synergize their strengths.

I think were done with alliances. Scarlet’s next LS updates are probably going to focus less on her minions and more on her ultimate plans. I bet by the end of her plotline most of her allies will be gone, dead or “transformed” into something else (like krait/sylvari into Hybrids).

So far the alliance that seems the most “Scarlet” is the Toxic Alliance (bad name but whatever). Less about offsetting, conquering or killing Tyrians (although that’s definitely an intent but it was discovered too soon) and more about dabbling in altering the mists and maybe even the Sylvari dream (mists :p ). I personally think Scarlet’s goal is to change or bend the “Eternal Alchemy” to her will, whatever that means. Become the god of magic? Awaken and gain control of an Elder Dragon? Destroy and remake the world Final Fantasy style? Who knows.

The alliances she put together between “outcast” factions are just tools and experiments to be used and abused until she gets what she wants.

Next alliance

in Living World

Kain Francois.4328

Are Steam Creatures the transformed Aetherblades?

Next alliance

in Living World

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

Sons of Svanir and Grawl!! Sign me up…. thats heavy icy bags + heavy bag of trinkets + Corrupted Lodestone + Ancient Bones + Elaborate Totems….

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

Next alliance

in Living World

Posted by: Niels.5396

Niels.5396

If you’re not wrong Anet will go to kitten.

Next alliance

in Living World

Kain Francois.4328

It will involve Centaurs with a new underground race. I am betting!

Next alliance

in Living World

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

It can’t be sons of svanir though. They’re just zombies of Jormag, right? None of the other ones consist of known dragon minions. It’d be like the Risen siding with Scarlet.

are they zombies or just a clan of norn who worship the elder dragon? I was always under the impression they were more like crazy radicals who blinding worshipped this dragon but still had a sense of free will, so long as it was in the name of their god. I could see Scarlet tricking them into doing something for her.

#ELEtism

Next alliance

in Living World

Posted by: Witaminka.4650

Witaminka.4650

take my 3 copper, bet on destroyers xD

GW1 – 4,100+ / GW2 – 10,300+ hours played
server jumper

Next alliance

in Living World

Panda Shepard.1248

are they zombies or just a clan of norn who worship the elder dragon? I was always under the impression they were more like crazy radicals who blinding worshipped this dragon but still had a sense of free will, so long as it was in the name of their god.

I’m not sure of the lore myself. I always thought they were dragon minion zombies because they were slowly turning into Icebrood. There is that guy up by the Claw who’s trying to resist the Dragon, so they do have free will. He’s having a tough time of it though.
Jormag is calling to them and they follow his will. So if the Svanir do join Scarlett then I’d say that’s a pretty good indicator that Scarlett’s in cahoots with the Dragons somehow.

Same if the destroyers join right? Aren’t they just dragon minions too?

Next alliance

in Living World

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

are they zombies or just a clan of norn who worship the elder dragon? I was always under the impression they were more like crazy radicals who blinding worshipped this dragon but still had a sense of free will, so long as it was in the name of their god.

I’m not sure of the lore myself. I always thought they were dragon minion zombies because they were slowly turning into Icebrood. There is that guy up by the Claw who’s trying to resist the Dragon, so they do have free will. He’s having a tough time of it though.
Jormag is calling to them and they follow his will. So if the Svanir do join Scarlett then I’d say that’s a pretty good indicator that Scarlett’s in cahoots with the Dragons somehow.

Same if the destroyers join right? Aren’t they just dragon minions too?

Its possible they are minions they never really tell us if being converted into a minion is instant or progressive. I like to believe their case is special and its simple like all norm and they just have a spiritual connection with Jormag and he uses that to collect a steady supplie of minions by letting them reproduce and grow before completely transforming them and the Norns we play are the ones able to sever that connection thanks to the Bear, Raven,Wolf, and Leopord Spirites. This is the kinda stuff I would love for a living story series, digging into Lore like this is 2-3 month period.

#ELEtism

(edited by Chaotic Storm.2815)

Next alliance

in Living World

Panda Shepard.1248

This is the kinda stuff I would love for a living story series, digging into Lore like this is 2-3 month period.

Man, me too. I love this stuff. I wanna know more about it!