Posted by: ChiSama.2590

ChiSama.2590

And the next LS map will be…

Attachments:

Next map & speculations [spoilers]

in Living World

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

We are getting close to episode 5. What does “episode 5 will be important” mean?

My prediction is that we will get a map with the new big meta event. So the new map can be anywhere.

I still remember the words of MO about new epic meta event (looking like Marionette) and ANet did not do any epic event yet.

“As we continue, we will absolutely have epic events like the ones in LS1 as some of our broad story goals” Mike O’Brien- March 4/5, 2016.

Did he mean a running ley line anomaly or another current events? If yes… that would be really disappointing for me. But if these current events are leading us to something really big and epic, that would be awesome.

If they are preparing something really amazing in the end, I will not say anything bad against ANet anymore.

I am still waiting for the proof that we will have 6 epizodes in LS3 and I am really starting to think that perhaps I am right that ep 5 will be the last one.

We’ll see.

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

in Living World

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Isn’t that just Bastion of the Penitent? The latest raid?

in Living World

Posted by: Moonyeti.3296

Moonyeti.3296

Isn’t that just Bastion of the Penitent? The latest raid?

If you are talking about the 80 zone mark, yes.

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

@ChiSama.2590: If you’re talking about the 80 in the image, that’s just Bastion of the Penitent. Otherwise, I’m not sure what you’re talking about there.

@Arden.7480: Given MO’s comment about episode 5 being “an important episode and we’re taking the time to get it right”, I’d say there’s a good chance of a big meta in episode 5. Alternatively, we could see such in episode 6 as being akin to Dragon’s Stand or Battle for LA.

Hopefully there is an episode 6. Some of MO’s comment kind of makes me think they may end it with Episode 5 which feels too short (but that would also indicate that it follows the same structure as Season 2/HoT with both sharing the same exact plot).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

my speculation?
> Ember Bay Team
> Smoldering-black Character Select
> Primordus Dyes
> It was actually warmer than 10 degrees today
> The Maw of Abaddon is next (the big volcano)

it makes sense too, since there’s a bloodstone there, which gives us a reason to be there since we want to chase down Lazarus

in Living World

Arden.7480

my speculation?
> Ember Bay Team
> Smoldering-black Character Select
> Primordus Dyes
> It was actually warmer than 10 degrees today
> The Maw of Abaddon is next (the big volcano)

it makes sense too, since there’s a bloodstone there, which gives us a reason to be there since we want to chase down Lazarus

Hmm Lazarus did not state he wanna consume every Bloodstone, we can speculate about this, but I doubt he would become more powerful when everyone is watching him and how he’s acting.

He said he wanted consume Bloodstone to recover himself and as he said really wisely he saved many lives. Perhaps he saved the Commander and the rest of our team as well, because no harm came to us.

If they are preparing something in Ring of Fire I doubt we would have to chase after Lazarus because of Bloodstone.

Bloodstones are the gates for Raids, so are you expecting a raid in Ring of Fire now? I doubt it, because the new raid is near Isles of Janthir, I doubt ANet wanna jump from north to south etc. Too much work.

in Living World

Amaimon.7823

Hmm Lazarus did not state he wanna consume every Bloodstone, we can speculate about this, but I doubt he would become more powerful when everyone is watching him and how he’s acting.

I never said he was, but he knows he can, we might not go there because of lazarus, but the maw of abaddon does have a bloodstone so anything could happen.

He said he wanted consume Bloodstone to recover himself and as he said really wisely he saved many lives. Perhaps he saved the Commander and the rest of our team as well, because no harm came to us.

That’s one possibility. it could also be that he just consumed it out of gluttony, and used the moral backbone to put us in debt to him. (just saying)

If they are preparing something in Ring of Fire I doubt we would have to chase after Lazarus because of Bloodstone.

It doesn’t have to be about lazarus, but the elder dragons want magic, and the bloodstone is basically a vault for them. They can’t access it, and it might infuriate them. I’m just saying if we go there and don’t involve the bloodstone in any way at all, it’s a huge wasted oppertunity

Bloodstones are the gates for Raids, so are you expecting a raid in Ring of Fire now? I doubt it, because the new raid is near Isles of Janthir, I doubt ANet wanna jump from north to south etc. Too much work.

what? since when? since where? the bloodstones have NEVER been gates for raids, and they never will be. The first raid was about following bandits, which just happened to us finding about the white mantle and the mursaat stasis the chamber. The second raid was about a prison of the mursaat. Yes, the first raid was situated close to the bloodstone because guess what, using it is the white mantle’s MO. But the second raid had nothing to do with a bloodstone, and the third raid can be anywhere as each raid is a self contained story. anet could jump the next raid all the way to the Wizard’s Folly if they wanted to, it won’t matter, because it will be a separate story. I honestly don’t understand what you mean by “it will be too much work to have a raid more south after going north”, why does the direction matter, north, west, south, east, up, down, diagonally, they can go any way you want. The separate raids are not a bound storyline.

in Living World

Arden.7480

I meant that the Bloodstone’s explosion opens the gates to raids. [I should’ve read this sentence twice…].

“The cataclysmic explosion at Bloodstone Fen opened a mysterious portal” ~https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/february-07-2017/

And Lazarus caused an explosion in Bloodstone Fen, so if he would cause an explosion in Abbadon’s Mouth this would mean the Bloodstone would open another portals to raids, I think.

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Wasnt it mentioned in one of the dev videos about it being 6 episodes?

in Living World

Arden.7480

“in one of the dev videos”? Please say in which… Can you?

in Living World

Amaimon.7823

that was just speculation because there are 3 teams.
Episode 1: Lazarus Team (Bloodstone Fen)
Episode 2: Primordus Team (Ember Bay)
Episode 3: Jormag Team (Bitterfrost Frontier)
Episode 4: Lazarus Team (Lake Doric)
Episode 5: Primordus or Jormag Team
Episode 6: Jormag or Primordus Team
Expansion anouncement OR Episode 7: All three teams working together for a grande finale

in Living World

Amaimon.7823

I meant that the Bloodstone’s explosion opens the gates to raids. [I should’ve read this sentence twice…].

“The cataclysmic explosion at Bloodstone Fen opened a mysterious portal” ~https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/february-07-2017/

And Lazarus caused an explosion in Bloodstone Fen, so if he would cause an explosion in Abbadon’s Mouth this would mean the Bloodstone would open another portals to raids, I think.

Yes, the two raids were opened, one prior to the bloodstone explosion, and the other because of the bloodstone explosion. But raid 1 didn’t involve a bloodstone in any way (Kind of lying here because we fight Matthias Gabrel), we were there before we even knew the white mantle was there. We just learned at the end after defeating Xera what was going on. We didn’t even know a mursaat was in that stasis chamber. So I say because we didn’t know about the mursaat or the bloodstone at the time of raid 1 it’s not relevant. We were there because of the bandits, the bandits were there because of the WM, and the WM was there because of the stasis chamber and the bloodstone was nearby. The second raid opened up because the bloodstone explosion caused some magical imbalance, but there is really no reason to think the third, fourth, fifth and penta-hexodehydrogenal raid will require a bloodstone in any direct or indirect way.
I mean sure, the third raid could be because of a bloodstone, but it doesn’t require it.
All we have as an official statement is: “We wanted raids to be this harder, challenging content where we can adress the more dark and more underlying themes of the game. Due to a lesser accessibility of this content, any information relevant to the main story will be available to the players in other sources during the living world or current event patches. Due to the increased difficulty the presence of darker and sometimes more outright morbid themes becomes a more natural aspect of this content. We also plan to use this medium for infinished storylines and plotholes that we left behind in guild wars 1, like we did now when we gave closure to what happened to Saul d’Alessio after the Mursaat were driven back from Kryta.

in Living World

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

I’m leaning towards somewhere in the Deldrimor Front as a good half and half battle map between Jormag and Primordus minions. But who knows. It could just wind up being the fire island chain again. I personally hope it’s not just an ice zone or just a fire zone but something with a lot of variety.

Would really love to finish up that area next to Tangled Depths or explore further into the Woodland Cascades near the raid but I’m not sure that’s where they’re going with this.

If it’s either in the Deldrimor Front or above Fireheart Rise, we have a chance of encountering Jormag and Primordus while simultaneously stepping foot into Kralkatorik territory, which could be convenient if Jormag or Primordus, or both, die when pitted against each other.

in Living World

Posted by: Tara.4812

Tara.4812

So with the new trailer out and with a small glimpse of the possible new map, here are some of my predictions with the locations that i predict the possible new map, or rather an extension of an existing map or more could be in

1. Ember Bay Map Extension / Hell’s Precipice – I put this one at the top really because this episode is most likely being done by the same team that worked on Episode 2, and if you look around on the internet there are ways to get out of Ember Bay which if you explore to the north, there’s a large section of the map explored that isn’t finished. So this is my top pick really, i think we get either a Ember Bay map extension and we visit the 2nd half of the map (which would make it larger than a lot of maps in the game) or Hell’s Precipice along with containing the northern island of Ember Bay.

2. New Map South Of Dragon’s Stand – This is probably next likely, and its a good candidate. If we look closely in DS there appears to be a possible exit which we see in a lot of maps. We can see what looks like some of the land being jungle themed like in Ember Bay and those vine-touched creatures are back as well, so i’d say this is as good of a candidate to be the next location.

3. Alcazia Tangle – I actually think this could be a good possibility. I’m pulling things but maybe Taimi has found something important and she thinks its located in them asura ruins and some of it in the trailer looks like it could be similar to the gw1 map, so not sure but maybe there are some vine-touched creatures in the alcazia, this could be the next map we go to.

4. Dragon’s Stand Map Extension / Possible New Map – Looking at one of the reddit threads, someone mentioned that it looks like that the land itself could have been the unfinished parts of Dragon’s Stand. So if I were to think of it, this might be a possibility. Maybe we don’t get a new map but rather we explore the cut parts of DS. Or we do get a new map containing the cut parts of DS. Also if this is next location this map could serve as a gateway to a map extension of the world map itself later on.

5. Tangle Root – It appears that Tangle Root (or the map east of TD/a little bit south of DT/south of GF/West of MP/North of RS is a lot of people’s favorites to be the next location. I don’t think that’s a possibility, but it could be the next location, maybe the vine-touched creatures make an appearance there, maybe we find that blighted tree of malyck’s and find out how it ties into the story.

6. North of Lost Precipice – This is kind of a “just throwing it out there” but the new map has water and maybe the water there is that big lake so maybe through the story we have to visit the new map through the guild hall.

7. South of Rata Sum – I mean this is pretty unlikely and i’m just guessing but hey, if Southsun Cove could rise out of the ocean, then heck maybe we get something similar here.

So that’s what I think of the possible locations the map or map extensions could be.

Current Leader of AV Gaming Community

in Living World

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Area between Rata Novus and Metrica.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Living World

Konig Des Todes.2086

@Tara:

The clips from the video show a verdant area. And we deal a lot with Rata Novus it seems. Going east of Tangled Depths seems most likely.

It won’t be called Tangle Root because [Tangle Root exists already](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tangle_Root). And the area is technically west of (most of) GW1’s Tangle Root.

I’d say this is the most likely area, given the clips not showing any fire (except the flashback clips at the beginning). Further, Ember Bay’s few jungle islands are supposedly the only such islands in all of the Ring of Fire. In all of GW1, there was one island that managed plantlife, and that was tiny and has sunk since then (or so world map indicates). The rest are too close to the volcanic activity to promote such verdance, especially with the total lack of volcanic activity in the clips. It’s plausible to be Ring of Fire, but I don’t think it’s likely.

I don’t see any relevance for your options 3, 4, 6, or 7. For 6, especially, we saw the edge of that “big lake” in the third raid wing.

Using your seven options, from most to least, I’d number them as: 5, 1, 2, 4, 3, 7, 6.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Arden.7480

Lol, so I was right with my map prediction? :o Wow, I am so hyped now

in Living World

cptaylor.2670

Actually, I think this may be most likely. I THINK, this episode will start off with us going back to Taimi. We ended the last episode with her ready to pin the dragons against each other for the most part. It would make sense that we check in with her and try to find the whereabouts of Marjory and the others. If we start this episode with Taimi in Rata Novus, and Lazarus ends up being bad and “trapping” us there, it makes sense for Taimi to open the gate and potentially lead us further into Rata Novus or that land east of it as our escape. It would explain the verdant appearance, and the water looks exactly like the water that is in the unfinished part of Dragon Stand being turbulent and wavy. Plus, the rocks look like more of a sandstone than an ashen black like in Ember Bay. Asset-wise, it’s the only area I can think of that would make sense from what we’ve seen.

But it really is a very vague and short trailer, as with most of the ones this season with the exception of the last.

Kind of frustrating, but I suppose it makes it a bit exciting as well.

in Living World

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Well, now we know it won’t be the last episode but the penultimate one. And the trailer is giving hints of possible locations as well.

Edit: Guys, I would like to point your attention towards this (see attachment).

Quora Sum is likely the Asuran location we see in the Episode 5 trailer! Also, it might add to the speculations regarding time and Palawa Joko’s return?

Attachments:

(edited by Ashantara.8731)

in Living World

Konig Des Todes.2086

The trailer is 100% showing Rata Novus from numerous perspectives. I recognize the stairway. It’s just outside the Dragon Lab room, and inside the dragon lab room too (for the asura gate shot).

Quora Sum is one of the “six great underground citadel cities” of the asura that were overrun by Primordus and the destroyers when the Elder Dragon rose and forced the asura back to the surface after they attempted resettling the depths with the Great Destroyer’s death (Central Transfer Chamber was another such “great citadel city”). After 200 years, it’d be a molten mess by now.

Dear ANet writers,

in Living World

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

The trailer is 100% showing Rata Novus from numerous perspectives. I recognize the stairway. It’s just outside the Dragon Lab room, and inside the dragon lab room too (for the asura gate shot).

Quora Sum is one of the “six great underground citadel cities” of the asura that were overrun by Primordus and the destroyers when the Elder Dragon rose and forced the asura back to the surface after they attempted resettling the depths with the Great Destroyer’s death (Central Transfer Chamber was another such “great citadel city”). After 200 years, it’d be a molten mess by now.

Well, we do have Destroyers connected to the LWS3 storyline, as we have the discovery of an old, long forgotten Asuran city in HoT (Rata Novus). Why would it be such a stretch to see another one discovered, and who says they didn’t have similar architecture?

Besides, I don’t recognize that huge apparatus in the background of being part of the Rata Novus complex:

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

Well, now we know it won’t be the last episode but the penultimate one. And the trailer is giving hints of possible locations as well.

Edit: Guys, I would like to point your attention towards this (see attachment).

Quora Sum is likely the Asuran location we see in the Episode 5 trailer! Also, it might add to the speculations regarding time and Palawa Joko’s return?

I think that flavour text is more likely nothing more than a call-back to Utopia, where the staff originated from (before ending up as a bonus item with Eye of the North).

in Living World

cptaylor.2670

No, that is the dragon lab. I’m just saying that there’s a huge area behind that area of Rata Novus if you break out of the map with Asura rubble and a platform with a door overlooking a massive hole in the terrain where it looks like they had something planned at one point. That’s where I was speculating they might add in either more of Rata Novus, or potentially this Quora Sum place. Or at the very least make it an area leading to the next map.

But yes, all of the footage in the trailer is in fact the dragon lab and Taimi’s main area of this expansion.

in Living World

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Well, we do have Destroyers connected to the LWS3 storyline, as we have the discovery of an old, long forgotten Asuran city in HoT (Rata Novus). Why would it be such a stretch to see another one discovered, and who says they didn’t have similar architecture?

Besides, I don’t recognize that huge apparatus in the background of being part of the Rata Novus complex:

Well Taimi has been doing something, it could be something she invented. Or, more likely, we are exploring deeper into Rata Novus, and that’s why we haven’t seen it before

in Living World

cptaylor.2670

After watching WP’s video I was reminded she was having Omaad’s machine delivered to the lab to pit the dragon’s energies against each other. The apparatus we see is most likely Omaad’s machine.

He also pointed out that Lazarus is surrounded by what look like branded crystals. So being a champion of Kralkatorik is still a possibility and explains that aura.

Not really sure on that one but at least it would be a good catalyst for leading into a Crystal Desert expansion and explaining why Lazarus would be interested in Omaad’s machine.

Although I wouldn’t think that Kralk would want to sabotage those two dragons destroying each other as that would be an all you can eat buffet for him upon success.

in Living World

cptaylor.2670

I also kind of wonder if Taimi actually pits Primordus up against the deep sea dragon by mistake, and somehow destroys the deep sea dragon or both. I don’t know how likely it is, but it still leaves room for an icy expansion, or an underground expansion, or just potentially eliminates the only dragon that has yet not received a name. And then they wouldn’t have to worry about redoing underwater combat. lmao.

in Living World

Posted by: armaduras.8972

armaduras.8972

PATHETIC MORTAL! THE VOID BECKONS! Dhuum will return, the human pantheon has fallen. All hail Dhuum, The Voice in the Void! The Mouth at the Edge of Darkness! The Ender of All! Emperor of Oblivion!

Feel the Flames of Balthazar; Bask in the ever-presence of his glory!
Gilded Grimoire[MAGI]. Casual Guild www.gw2magi.com

in Living World

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

PATHETIC MORTAL! THE VOID BECKONS! Dhuum will return, the human pantheon has fallen. All hail Dhuum, The Voice in the Void! The Mouth at the Edge of Darkness! The Ender of All! Emperor of Oblivion!

I’d be fine with this as long as they bring back the cool ban animations.

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

in Living World

Arden.7480

Can anyone tell me what a human female in the end of Trailer is saying?

in Living World

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

“The charade ends here”

in Living World

Posted by: Sephas.8793

Sephas.8793

Honestly, it sounds like Caithe to me…

in Living World

Amaimon.7823

“The charade ends here”

I think it’s a reference to Rytlock
The Charr-donay ends here

in Living World

Arden.7480

I didn’t understand this, because I didn’t know this word.

Thanks for answers.

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I didn’t understand this, because I didn’t know this word.

Thanks for answers.

Charade is the act of pretending to be someone else. They are (presumably) saying they are putting a stop to whoever is pretending to be Lazarus

in Living World

Arden.7480

Honestly, it sounds like Caithe to me…

No, it was not told by Caithe

in Living World

OriOri.8724

He also pointed out that Lazarus is surrounded by what look like branded crystals. So being a champion of Kralkatorik is still a possibility and explains that aura.

I think he got that one wrong. Its almost certainly mesmer magic surrounding Lazarus in the trailer.

in Living World

Arden.7480

Wait what? Why people think that Lazarus is Scarlet? LMAO.

in Living World

Arden.7480

The character at 0:42 (https://youtu.be/NyjcZF6cGhU?t=42) is he a thief? If yes, why does he wield the torch? O_o

Is he using it to activate this cannon?

in Living World

OriOri.8724

Could be engis new elite spec. Someone on Reddit said that a new elite spec was teased in this trailer, and that’s the only character that really stood out

in Living World

Posted by: Tara.4812

Tara.4812

looks like all of our predictions will be incorrect tomorrow if the rumor on reddit is true that the new map will be in between rata sum and dragon’s stand

Current Leader of AV Gaming Community

in Living World

Arden.7480

It can be, but I was right with my prediction that we will come back to Magus Falls/Tarnished Coast. Just not between Metrica and Novus.

(edited by Arden.7480)