"No Refuge" not completing

in Living World

Posted by: Doghouse.1562

Doghouse.1562

Has anyone else hit the following, and if so, were you able to continue to a successful conclusion?

I did “No Refuge” last night with a regular group of three friends. We’d completed “Meeting the Asura” together immediately prior to that, (and checked before entering the story that we were all up to speed and at the same point in the LS – we’ve tripped up before over someone not ticking a non-instanced step along the way, so are careful to make sure we’re in synch before we go into instanced stuff).

It was my instance, and at the end I was quite quick in accepting the reward and exiting, to the extent that one of the other players complained that he’d seen the “progress your story” option but not had time to select it before it got hidden behind another message (OK, guilty as charged). On leaving the instance, though, he was able to progress. The other two players weren’t as lucky; if any option to progress was shown, they didn’t see it, and on leaving the instance (I assume being booted out because “the instance owner” had left, although I can’t swear to that), didn’t get one either. Both of them were stuck with a story status showing as “Return to the Silverwastes” – despite their having already left the instance. I can’t remember what options their journals apparently showed them, but multiple attempts to sort things out by hitting Quit/Replay/etc made no difference.

(We’ve no problem in replaying the instance to get completion for them – but last night, at least, we weren’t even able to get into a state in which that was possible. Feedback from anyone who’s already “been there before” would be much appreciated, therefore!)

(edited by Doghouse.1562)

in Living World

Posted by: MyssAnthrope.8945

MyssAnthrope.8945

This happened to me – I ran the instance with a friend who was the instance owner and he left the instance before I could click accept. I got stuck on the Return to the Silverwastes step too, and couldn’t progress my own story, nor could I trigger the instance for myself. Our solution was to replay the instance with him starting it again so that I could join. Once we finished the instance again he made sure to wait until I had accepted the progress and the problem was fixed.

Edit: I don’t remember 100% but I don’t think I ever managed to get my stage of the story to be the beginning of No Refuge before we went in again, but at the end I got to progress my story anyway.

(edited by MyssAnthrope.8945)

in Living World

Posted by: Doghouse.1562

Doghouse.1562

Ah, OK. Thanks for that – it’s nice to hear that you CAN dig your way back out of it. Hopefully we’ll work something out next time we’re all on together.