No Story for 2 of my characters!

in Living World

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

As the title says, 2 of my characters: my warrior and my thief, never got the story journal triggered. I thought maybe it would trigger once i take them to the story starting area or Dry Top but nope nothing.

Not sure if this is a bug or where to report it, or if i should submit a support ticket.

Has this happened to anyone else? If so, would u please tell me how u handled it.

Thanks

PS. They never received the mail notice either.

in Living World

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

Are they level 80?

in Living World

Tiger Ashante.1792

Are they level 80?

Yes.

in Living World

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

Are you telling us the entry for Season 2 isn’t in their Story Journal, or that your Story Journal is completely blank?

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If you have received the ‘mail’ on another character, you can open it on the characters that are ‘missing’ the story, and that should unlock/activate it. Each character needs not receive its own copy of the mail.

in Living World

Tiger Ashante.1792

Are you telling us the entry for Season 2 isn’t in their Story Journal, or that your Story Journal is completely blank?

No, just the season 2 Story Journal.

in Living World

Tiger Ashante.1792

If you have received the ‘mail’ on another character, you can open it on the characters that are ‘missing’ the story, and that should unlock/activate it. Each character needs not receive its own copy of the mail.

That’s the thing, they don’t have it in their mail box. Not sure if i’ve deleted it on those characters that did receive the mail once it was activated. But the point is regardless all my other 7 characters received the mail except those those 2.

I still have 1 character that has the story active but not completed it yet, I’ll check tomorrow if she still has that mail or not.

in Living World

Boneheart.3561

….. What?
Oh hell, just screenshot it.

in Living World

Tiger Ashante.1792

….. What?

Lolz, ok, all my characters have completed Personal Story, they’re all level 80, so all that is in order, The personal Story Journal is all there.

The part i’m missing is the S2 story. These 2 characters in question have no story Journal for S2 story, it isn’t there. It did not activate it when l logged them in and the green star for S2 Story on UI isn’t there for them either.

When I take them to gates of maguma, there’s no instance entry point on that map to start the story for these 2 characters.

Not really sure how to explain it any better.

in Living World

Boneheart.3561

….. What?

Lolz, ok, all my characters have completed Personal Story, they’re all level 80, so all that is in order, The personal Story Journal is all there.

The part i’m missing is the S2 story. These 2 characters in question have no story Journal for S2 story, it isn’t there. It did not activate it when l logged them in and the green star for S2 Story on UI isn’t there for them either.

When I take them to gates of maguma, there’s no instance entry point on that map to start the story for these 2 characters.

When I asked “are you telling us the entry for Season 2 isn’t in their Story Journal”, you typed “no”.

in Living World

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I think I read another thread where someone could not unlock the story for one or more of his characters, and a -repair of the client alleviated the problem. Couldn’t hurt to try…

Good luck.

in Living World

Tiger Ashante.1792

I think I read another thread where someone could not unlock the story for one or more of his characters, and a -repair of the client alleviated the problem. Couldn’t hurt to try…

Good luck.

How do u repair client? I’ve heard of ppl use that word but i’m not sure how it’s done.

in Living World

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Good luck.

How do u repair client? I’ve heard of ppl use that word but i’m not sure how it’s done.

Top of Page – Services/Support – Knowledge Base – Technical Support – Solving Problems – Repairing the Client

Or, this shortcut: https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/28148006-Repairing-the-Game-Client

Good luck.

in Living World

Tiger Ashante.1792

Good luck.

Top of Page – Services/Support – Knowledge Base – Technical Support – Solving Problems – Repairing the Client

Or, this shortcut: https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/28148006-Repairing-the-Game-Client

Good luck.

Thank you very much for that link:3
I’ll give that a go. I’ve got some other issues with gw2, so hopefully it will fix those as well.

in Living World

Tiger Ashante.1792

Yep. The repair fixed it!

Thanks again Cedo, much appreciate it.

in Living World

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Yay! Glad to be of help. =)

in Living World

Tiger Ashante.1792

Yay! Glad to be of help. =)

Hehe yay indeed.

Just in case anyone else has this problem this may help.

At first, I didn’t think repairing my client worked. After I done it, i logged in and the green star still wasn’t showing so i thought it didn’t work. Then I decided to check the PS journal and right at the bottom there was a heading Living Story 2. When i clicked on it, it popped the green star and all the marker appeared on the map.

I breathed a sigh of relief hehe. Not sure if i’m gonna replay it or not but i still want it working in case i do at some point.

in Living World

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

….. What?

It doesn’t start automatically on alts. You need to go to the story journal and click on start. That’s how it worked for my alts anyway.