No Tricks Achievement - What's the 'trick'?

in Living World

Posted by: Day Trooper.3605

Day Trooper.3605

I just tried doing ‘No Tricks’ and after securing the first console I proceeded to go below and attack the Inquest. However they kept spawning endlessly.

I then went above to see if killing the ones by the console would do it; but they kept spawning over and over again, too.

What am I missing here?

in Living World

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

You just have to keep fighting the ones by the console. They respawn seemingly forever but they eventually do stop and you can continue. It just takes a very long time unfortunately.

in Living World

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I ran through the entire mission, and received a successful finish. Never touched a console the entire time. However I did not get the achievement. Was very annoyed!

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Living World

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

or you can bring a party and burn them down very fast

in Living World

Posted by: Day Trooper.3605

Day Trooper.3605

Ok so I got the achieve by fighting around the consoles only (i.e. I never attacked any Inquest in the ‘below areas’). This isn’t to say though that attacking them negates the achieve – this is just how I finally got it.

Definitely took a while though with the endless spawning of Inquest…

in Living World

Posted by: maxztt.3289

maxztt.3289

Just to offer a different perspective: I did not fight the inquest at the consoles. I fought them where you would normally fight them. (below the first console and next to the steam minotaur)

It worked fine for me. I got the achievement without any problems.

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

You can fight either the ones by the consoles or the ones down beyond the consoles (where you’d normally use the console skills). They all “count”.

They spawn infinitely to a degree. I think you basically just need to kill a certain amount of them, at which point the spawns shut off and the mission progresses. Which probably makes going down in the center areas faster, since you can hit more of them at once (I think only a few spawn at the consoles, where down below you get like 12 at a time). Though that many enemies can also be rather hard to survive against, so staying up near the consoles is definitely safer.