No expansion content

No expansion content

in Living World

Posted by: Sarathiel.6374

Sarathiel.6374

2 years later… and we have 2 new zones and 1 new dungeon path, which took the place of an old one. New wvw map… and a bunch of features that the game needed. The new patches have been cool for the 30 mins it took to play, but beyond that this game is going nowhere. The devs have lost touch with the player base. Telling us what we want…. FoV… First person… SAB. All things it would take no effort to put into the game but they won’t do it. Honestly what are they doing over there.

No expansion content

in Living World

Posted by: Arlee.7038

Arlee.7038

Personally I don’t see why people want an expansion at all. I mean what do you think we’d get out of it?

I also disagree with the “game is going nowhere” bit. The living story is evolving and it’s definitely leading somewhere. There could be more love for PvP and WvW but an expansion would necessarily help those either.

No expansion content

in Living World

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

Personally I don’t see why people want an expansion at all. I mean what do you think we’d get out of it?

Something on a par with GW1 campaigns, maybe? New continent, new professions, new story and missions, loads of new skills for existing professions, new elite pve areas, multiple new pvp modes.

Even something on a par with the lone GW1 expansion would be decent, at least for the pve side of things. New skills, new kinds of pve, new areas to explore, new quests.

Is that a lot to hope for? Of course. Is it unrealistic, given the differences between GW1 and GW2? Very possibly. But even half of a GW1 campaign would be fantastic. And it’s been two years!

And that’s part of the problem. They’ve spent two years getting better at living story stuff, yes, but that doesn’t give you much permanent content. Meanwhile, players have gotten better. Builds, groups, large-scale organization, etc. have improved. All of that makes the original content not just old, but laughable.

I only really play dungeons/fractals, so I can’t comment directly on other parts of the game. But one of the problems I face is that we’re stuck playing 2-year-old content that is not only stale, but is laughably simple. We’re better at the game than we were two years ago. Give us new stuff to be bad at so we have something new to learn and work on.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.

(edited by One Note Chord.5031)

No expansion content

in Living World

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

Congratulations!

This is the 1,000,000th thread on this subject!

No expansion content

in Living World

Posted by: Jopie.6543

Jopie.6543

Congratulations!

Only 1,000,000 more threads on this subject to go before they actually listen to it.

No expansion content

in Living World

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

Congratulations!

Only 1,000,000 more threads on this subject to go before they actually listen to it.

So, nearly as many threads as I need to kill Yaks to get my Yakslapper achieve in WvW? This is going to take awhile…

No expansion content

in Living World

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Number of threads (or even responses or pages on the forums) doesn’t really mean anything. We just keep seeing the same half dozen people create and keep these threads alive.

Not everyone feels an expansion is needed – many of us believe the exact opposite.

Regardless – a simple search and there would be no need for the duplicate posts (and duplicate posts of those duplicate posts).

No expansion content

in Living World

Posted by: Lysander Freeman.4186

Lysander Freeman.4186

Number of threads (or even responses or pages on the forums) doesn’t really mean anything. We just keep seeing the same half dozen people create and keep these threads alive.

You’re forgetting how many of us just don’t bother posting anymore about it. The game’s mostly stagnant and lacks replay value for the most part.

I did enjoy the second living story so far and I’ll probably join in a zerg or two this week, but I expect that I’ll fade back out again soon. I doubt I’ll post another complaint about it. It is what it is, and if they continue to improve with the new LS then I’ll play a bit more. If not, I won’t. I’m playing mostly because it’s free and my budget’s shot. Otherwise, there are better game playing experiences out there. At the same time though, if they put out a decent fully fleshed-out expansion then I would buy it since I’ve invested so much in the franchise already.

No expansion content

in Living World

Posted by: Def Pinoy.7029

Def Pinoy.7029

There has to be an expansion before we fight Mordremoth, there’s no way an epic battle against a dragon is just through living story update, there’s got to be an expansion coming.

No expansion content

in Living World

Posted by: Fury.6408

Fury.6408

Prepare for disappointment on that….

No expansion content

in Living World

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

2 years later… and we have 2 new zones and 1 new dungeon path, which took the place of an old one. New wvw map… and a bunch of features that the game needed. The new patches have been cool for the 30 mins it took to play, but beyond that this game is going nowhere. The devs have lost touch with the player base. Telling us what we want…. FoV… First person… SAB. All things it would take no effort to put into the game but they won’t do it. Honestly what are they doing over there.

I agree with the idea and initial concerns and lack of an expansion. However your 3 examples (FOV, 1st Person, SAB) aren’t going to help. FOV—explained and could be exploited, 1st person—-not a game changer—good for screen shots, SAB has absolutely no place in any mmo and was a complete waste of dev time. In fact none should be part of an expansion.

No expansion content

in Living World

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Congratulations!

So, nearly as many threads as I need to kill Yaks to get my Yakslapper achieve in WvW? This is going to take awhile…

More like how many BLC keys I have used to get 0.

No expansion content

in Living World

Posted by: Stramatus.5219

Stramatus.5219

There has to be an expansion before we fight Mordremoth, there’s no way an epic battle against a dragon is just through living story update, there’s got to be an expansion coming.

I am inclined to agree with this.

I think GW2 has ha a much longer term strategy, whether that is good or not remains to be seen, in terms of its overarching story and content. Living Story alone can’t keep GW2 floating. As an avid GW fan since it originally released in 2005, I have to say that so far GW2 has been a game to get burnt out on, much faster than GW1 ever was for me. I mean, by this point, we had Tyria, Cantha and Elona, and in turn all 3 of those campaigns and the new gameplay, features etc. each brought. Whereas 2 years later in GW2 we barely have 2 new zones (1 of which you don’t even really need to go to), new dungeon path, a bunch of good features, a LS season that was largely a zergfest of casual content that cannot be replayed and 2 hours worth of story content for season 2. Not exactly widespread enough content for those of us who have been playing for the 2 years since release.

My hunch is that LS seasons 1 and 2 are building up to a Magumma and possibly Crystal Desert expansion (based on the final cutscene from the last LS update). If so, I’ll be very happy. If not, then I have to join the crowd that says we are tired of waiting.

Heck, I’ve had a lot of fun replaying GW1, starting fresh and from the beginning the past week.

Sir Helvidius | Sir Beregond | Proud Ascalonian Humans
“Remember The Searing. We never forget, and never forgive.” – Family Motto

(edited by Stramatus.5219)

No expansion content

in Living World

Posted by: Countess Aire.9410

Countess Aire.9410

We still have alot of area left to open before an expansion to another area like Elona. The living story is giving us more. I personally want to see where we are going. I could use some more skills and possibly dual classes and a new race that could be worked in.

No expansion content

in Living World

Posted by: Thanatos.2691

Thanatos.2691

I personally hope this doesn’t happen – The dragons are amazingly epic enemies and I’m sure each dragon we face will be better and better, but I’ve been wondering whether or not the dragons are the only end-game bosses we’re going to face. In GW1 they had a large variety of main enemies and each expansion offered different end-game bosses. If every expansion we have to look forward to is guaranteed a dragon as the main enemy, would that possibly become repetitive, redundant, and too predictable?

“Oh, I wonder which dragon we’re going to kill in this expansion!” – There just isn’t any mystery to a formula like that unless the dragons are ultimately minions themselves to a higher power we get to face eventually.

Golden shackles are still golden.

No expansion content

in Living World

Posted by: Arlee.7038

Arlee.7038

I get what everyone is saying about wanting new features and areas and stuff. But nothing that’s been mentioned has to come in the form of an expansion. They could absolutely open Cantha or Elona (or any other area) without an expansion. More skills and abilities can (and have been) added in both the Living Story and Feature Updates.

I do agree an epic battle with an Elder Dragon shouldn’t be just one Living Story update. But that doesn’t mean there aren’t effective ways to do it through multiple updates.

No expansion content

in Living World

Posted by: Mental Paradox.3845

Mental Paradox.3845

Please, please please give us a real expansion. I’d pay $70 for some real content.
Let’s get real here, LS is far from “an expansion’s worth of content”. SO far, how much new content is permanent? 2 zones (1,5, dry top is small) in 2 years. They could have released a full expansion by now.

I want to see Maguuma Wastes, Isles of Janthir, Ring of Fire, Crystal Desert, Blood Legion Homelands, Deldrimor Front… So much potential, and yet we never get to go to these places. I’m an explorer, I want to discover new horizons =(

It’s agonizing. Every day I look at the map, and those unexplored are there, waiting for me. But I can’t go there!

No expansion content

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Congratulations!

I do believe they’ve already made up their minds. But don’t let me stop anyone from continuing to believe that they have opinions that will start to matter if repeated enough…

Not everyone feels an expansion is needed – many of us believe the exact opposite.

Probably me then. My thinking goes as follows: why would ANet suddenly be able to produce more content just because they decided to bundle the content into one release and call it an expansion? Oh sure you might say: “Because we’ll pay them!”, but I’m not sure that will inherently lead to more content.
Of course I would love to see more content, and I’m sure this is one of the underlying reasons for all the expansion talk.

Will agree that 4 episodes (or however many we have left) surely won’t be enough to do a decent epic dragon fight.

The dragons are amazingly epic enemies and I’m sure each dragon we face will be better and better, but I’ve been wondering whether or not the dragons are the only end-game bosses we’re going to face.

Well we did technically have Scarlet…

No expansion content

in Living World

Posted by: Stramatus.5219

Stramatus.5219

And that is certainly people’s perogative.

But let’s analyze what LS has given us so far versus what an expansion would have. Let’s remember that the game is now 2 years old.

Season 1 we can largely write off. Why? The narrative was a very minor part and can’t be replayed. The zerg events were just that, massive zerg events that also can’t be replayed. About the only worthwhile thing that came out of Season 1 was the destruction of Lion’s Arch and the awakening of Mordremoth. We did also get FotM and EotM, which I have a lot of fun with too, so I’ll give it that, but neither advance anything within the overall story/lore of the game.

Season 2 saw in my opinion a remarkable improvement in narrative and the fact it can be replayed. I’ve really enjoyed Season 2 actually. (Though I had a heart attack when I thought they were going to allow Rytlock to break the Foefire curse). However, its overall scope of content is still rather small considering we now only have 1 new zone (Dry Top)and at best 2ish hours of story content.

I’m not even going to bother mentioning Southsun because there is really no reason to go there.

Let’s compare that to 2 years into GW1. We had not 1, but 3 continents and campaign. Let’s remember how this worked in GW1 for a second though. Not only did we have story missions, but we also had a wealth of new quests, many of which were well written, interesting, or posed other questions regarding the story/lore. We also had all the features, new content that each campaign brought. And for me this added hundreds of hours of things to do.

So when we compare the two, at least in my mind, it is clear that GW2 has been seriously lacking on content that we can actually go back and play today, right now. So for all intents and purposes, what’s new versus Aug. 28th, 2012 GW2 and what I could do then, really isn’t all that different. 1 dungeon path, FotM, EotM and 2ish hours of story.

So in my mind it would be a crime if either they didn’t ramp up the scope of LS (and I don’t mean just adding zerging events season1 style) or release an all encompassing expansion. I get the sense that Season 2 is building up to an expansion or larger scale season, but at this point, who knows. I will wait and see. ANET is on the right track with Season 2 in my mind. The question is just if they will take it all the way.

Sir Helvidius | Sir Beregond | Proud Ascalonian Humans
“Remember The Searing. We never forget, and never forgive.” – Family Motto

(edited by Stramatus.5219)

No expansion content

in Living World

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

I also disagree with the “game is going nowhere” bit. The living story is evolving and it’s definitely leading somewhere. There could be more love for PvP and WvW but an expansion would necessarily help those either.

It’s not necessarily an expansion that people want, but the content that usually comes with an expansion.

Examples: Races, Classes (professions), Crafting Professions, Zones, Armor Sets, Weapons, Skills, Dungeons, World Bosses, PvP Maps, etc.

I’m sorry, but there is more to MMORPGs than just story updates, and this is mostly what GW2 has released, with the sparse exception of the other additions, which doesn’t warrant 2 years worth of content.

No expansion content

in Living World

Posted by: Bri.8354

Bri.8354

The way I see things, they have been focusing more on getting the game in order than they have on creating new content. Just look at how much has been reorganized since release and how many new features have been added to address issues with the game. By now we have probably gotten 2 “expansions worth” of that kind of thing, and they are still adding to the list.

The other issue is with the design of season 1 of the living story which was a disaster. There was absolutely no focus on creating content with a lasting value, so after it was over the game had no valuable content added to it, and players were left with little more than the content that had been there at launch.

Season 2 took a step in the right direction with permanent instances, but it still has an enormous issue with replayability. Once someone goes through the story and then 2-3 more times for the achievements, there’s no reason to go back. The pacing of the instances is also poor, forcing the player to stand there and wait for NPCs to repeat minutes of dialogue they’ve already heard before they can proceed with the mission objectives.

To improve upon the season 2 living story model what they need to do is focus more on replayability. Give players the ability to skip all the standing around and listening to the NPCs and let them get right into the action. Give daily rewards for completing the instances such as foxfire clusters and champion bags.

No expansion content

in Living World

Posted by: Valmir.4590

Valmir.4590

Something on a par with GW1 campaigns, maybe? New continent, new professions, new story and missions, loads of new skills for existing professions, new elite pve areas, multiple new pvp modes.

And that’s impossible to create for an Mmo : Cantha alone is easily twice as big as the game since launch. At best, we could get a third of it for an expansion and maybe the rest unlocked via Living Story on the course of years, and people would be unhappy because we wouldn’t see Cantha as a whole in on go. Expansions always offer smaller contents than the Vanilla game, simply because the developers don’t have the time nor the resources to devote as much time and people for the creation of the expansion content, since it would deter from the actual game.

This being said, I think that Arena Net painted itself into the corner with the suppression of quests, because, if only on an “illusionary” level, people often that quests make the games longer. Anet made other choices which can be contested, but expecting GW1* level expansion for an MMO is unreasonable.

*GW1 wasn’t a MMo, so the campaigns could be created as quickly as they were, we have to keep that in mind.

No expansion content

in Living World

Posted by: GreenAlien.5623

GreenAlien.5623

They could easily step out of that corner by awarding one unique achievement point for every ingame event. That way, people would actually try to experience every event which i am sure takes lots of time..

No expansion content

in Living World

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

*GW1 wasn’t a MMo, so the campaigns could be created as quickly as they were, we have to keep that in mind.

I’m sorry, but GW1 was indeed an MMO, if only a lobby-based one. There were multiple players hanging out in specific cities/missions to adventure in an instanced land. Just because it’s not a permanent one as GW2 is or many other MMOs does not make it any less of an MMO.

I will agree that this change makes it far harder to create expansions like before. Needing to accommodate for many more players, rather than just 8 outside of towns, including all the events and monsters and story to tie it all together, means creating any new zone takes far longer than it did before. I, too, would like to see an expansion, but I suppose these bite-sized Living World segments are far better than months and months of silence.

One thing I would like is that the added maps offered map completion, even if it was separate from map completion. Even just a running tally to find the points of interest, waypoints and skill points would be appreciated. Now, for a map like Dry Top that was slowly revealing itself, I can be patient, but Southsun Cove could certainly list its points.

No expansion content

in Living World

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I’m sorry, but GW1 was indeed an MMO, if only a lobby-based one. There were multiple players hanging out in specific cities/missions to adventure in an instanced land. Just because it’s not a permanent one as GW2 is or many other MMOs does not make it any less of an MMO.

I will agree that this change makes it far harder to create expansions like before. Needing to accommodate for many more players, rather than just 8 outside of towns, including all the events and monsters and story to tie it all together, means creating any new zone takes far longer than it did before. I, too, would like to see an expansion, but I suppose these bite-sized Living World segments are far better than months and months of silence.

One thing I would like is that the added maps offered map completion, even if it was separate from map completion. Even just a running tally to find the points of interest, waypoints and skill points would be appreciated. Now, for a map like Dry Top that was slowly revealing itself, I can be patient, but Southsun Cove could certainly list its points.

While I can see the desire for an expansion, I must agree with Valmir. GW1 was NOT an MMO (http://www.guildwars.com/products/guildwars/features/default.php) Yes it does contain some elements of an MMO it is an online role playing game. The difference being one is a massivly multiplayer online role playing game while the latter is an online role playing game which allows for doing content stricly in a solo single player environment. An MMO doesn’t allow for that, because if you want to solo roam and do stuff, you still are interacting with the world with hundreds/thousands of other players at the same time.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

No expansion content

in Living World

Posted by: GreenAlien.5623

GreenAlien.5623

Does that really make a difference? Are MMOs harder to code then ORPGs? Sure.. there may be more complicated netcode, but other than that you just have to follow a different design philosopy..? A kill 10 monster quest is still a kill 10 monster quest and a 500m² map is still a 500m² map..?
and im pretty sure they dont have to do the complicated stuff from scratch everytime..

(edited by GreenAlien.5623)

No expansion content

in Living World

pdavis.8031

I don’t think it’s an issue of being harder/different to code, but rather an issue of Anets goals and long term plans. However, for them being able to produce expansions (or expansion like content) for GW1 (at least in my opinion) was “easier” because they didn’t have to worry about how it would handle with hundreds of players at the same time, how the servers interact with the map, how the quests work when you have a bunch of people doing them, reward distribution, etc. In GW1, at most you would have what? 5 players max? Which effects how things are coded, how much time you need to spend testing, and how it is deployed.

At least thats how I see it…I could very well be wrong though.

recognize my command!”

No expansion content

in Living World

Posted by: xusa.4021

xusa.4021

Hope they never make an expansion pack and they never put SAB into the game again. Farewell.

No expansion content

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

They could easily step out of that corner by awarding one unique achievement point for every ingame event. That way, people would actually try to experience every event which i am sure takes lots of time..

There’s a lot of events so I’m certain of it :P
At the very least I like what they’ve been doing lately with S2 where they give you achievements for achieving certain quest-chains within certain conditions. Expanding this to every zone would probably add some added length. Although this might again be labeled as grind.

Does that really make a difference? Are MMOs harder to code then ORPGs? Sure.. there may be more complicated netcode, but other than that you just have to follow a different design philosopy..? A kill 10 monster quest is still a kill 10 monster quest and a 500m² map is still a 500m² map..?
and im pretty sure they dont have to do the complicated stuff from scratch everytime..

I think your correct in your estimation of the effort to produce, although I think you’re neglecting the effort to QA and bug fix. If we’ve learned anything from GW2 its that emergent properties can be rather error prone. One event might work perfectly fine, but when it runs into another event suddenly one orboth break. Or maybe 1 in 10 times a wolf spawns to close to a caravan and boom whole event is broken. The way GW2 does things like events (in stead of old school quests) actually open it up to a lot more possible negative emergent properties.

Hope they never make an expansion pack and they never put SAB into the game again. Farewell.

SAB is a nice additional feature, however I think it’s something you put into the game permanently and perhaps once a year or so add a new section to it. Not something that’s core gameplay or core development focus.

No expansion content

in Living World

Posted by: DivineRequiem.2710

DivineRequiem.2710

“I want this, I want that, I wanna get ascended weapon by killing bunnies all day long!”

So many I WANT whiners. GW2 IS going somewhere, by getting new stuff every LW patch. It goes somewhere in the story, and in items they add. Sure, its not as wast as a whole new continent, but it’s there and it’s free. Many of us like LW system this game has, and I don’t see how they could continue with it in new expanded areas, without being forced to make 2 separate living worlds for each area.

No expansion content

in Living World

Posted by: Arctinus.7824

Arctinus.7824

“I want this, I want that, I wanna get ascended weapon by killing bunnies all day long!”

So many I WANT whiners. GW2 IS going somewhere, by getting new stuff every LW patch. It goes somewhere in the story, and in items they add. Sure, its not as wast as a whole new continent, but it’s there and it’s free. Many of us like LW system this game has, and I don’t see how they could continue with it in new expanded areas, without being forced to make 2 separate living worlds for each area.

Sure, everyone would like an expansion, but the problem with all these whiners is that they want an expansion now. When they get it, they’ll just play through it for a month or two and after there’s nothing left to do, they’ll just start whining about a new expansion again. Or they’ll get a new expansion and say that’s not what they wanted and that it sucks. Whiners gonna whine. :P

No expansion content

in Living World

Posted by: Kurrilino.2706

Kurrilino.2706

Sure, everyone would like an expansion, but the problem with all these whiners is that they want an expansion now. When they get it, they’ll just play through it for a month or two and after there’s nothing left to do, they’ll just start whining about a new expansion again. Or they’ll get a new expansion and say that’s not what they wanted and that it sucks. Whiners gonna whine. :P

Are you absolutely sure this is the right attitude to develop a game ????

GW1 has rock solid proven that expansions are the right way to do it.
How anyone in an economy based corporations gets the idea to abandon everything
that made the company great and well respected to try out stuff that really every customer is fighting against is far beyond me

No expansion content

in Living World

Posted by: Arctinus.7824

Arctinus.7824

Are you absolutely sure this is the right attitude to develop a game ????

GW1 has rock solid proven that expansions are the right way to do it.
How anyone in an economy based corporations gets the idea to abandon everything
that made the company great and well respected to try out stuff that really every customer is fighting against is far beyond me

No, you missed my point, or maybe I didn’t express myself right. I would like an expansion too, new content is always welcome. I actually yearn for new maps the most of all the possible content. But people who ’’whine’’ about it are mostly the ones who can never be satisfied. Or at least I got that impression from these forums. Yes, I admit, not all of them. But a lot of them are.

No expansion content

in Living World

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

No, you missed my point, or maybe I didn’t express myself right. I would like an expansion too, new content is always welcome. I actually yearn for new maps the most of all the possible content. But people who ’’whine’’ about it are mostly the ones who can never be satisfied. Or at least I got that impression from these forums. Yes, I admit, not all of them. But a lot of them are.

That and by this point, one and a half plus years later, the developers already know how much some people want an expansion. It’s kinda hard to miss when the forums are usually cluttered with numerous threads on the subject. By now, it’s complaining for the sake of complaining, and it’s basically to the point where it’s simply forum white noise. Our eyes just skip over these threads most of the time because it’s “Oh… another expansion thread.”

No expansion content

in Living World

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

That’s because they’re making Guild Wars 3 now.

Are you Shpongled?

No expansion content

in Living World

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

You missed a few things:

Two years later, and we have (that I can think of this morning):

- A new dungeon path
- Two new open world maps
- 15 new fractals
- 4 new guild mission types (with multiple missions in each)
- new open world mini dungeons (eg, Vexa’s Lab) and dynamic events
- New PvP maps
- Edge of the Mists
- New Epic Scale World Bosses
- New Mini Games
- Repeatable Living Story Instances (The LS Journal)
- Extension of the crafting system
- Multiple new features, such as the wardrobe and megaserver

I realize there are still some things a “traditional expansion” would include (new race, professions, etc) that we dont have, but what we do have is not a small list, especially when you consider holiday events (which could be considered permanent since they repeat) and LS season 1.

Here is why I am against an expansion – I do not want them taking development resources away from improving and adding to the game bit by bit to develop a larger chunk of content that we wont see for a year and will have to pay for. To me, that makes no sense whatsover for us to want.

If they can get into a decent release pace (which I think they can based on what we saw last year), we will see an expansions worth of content eventually. It may not be as fast as we would with a game that focused on an expansion and released it all at once, but on the flip side, we wouldnt have months of dead time in the game (like another really popular game sees between its expansions – moreso this year than any other).

So I would still vote a HUGE no to an expansion. I like the pace we saw in season one/the first two years – they just needed to add the permanent content aspect to make it feel like we were getting something substantial.

No expansion content

in Living World

pdavis.8031

Also this:

2 years is a long time for an MMO not to release anything.

I think you are mistaken. We have released content and features in the last two years on a fairly regular basis. Just because the content and/or features were things that you personally did not particularly care for doesn’t mean we didn’t release anything.

Please don’t trivialize the efforts of our design and development staff down to “nothing” because you didn’t like it. It’s fine to comment that you didn’t care for what was released, but don’t pretend like we’ve done nothing here for the past two years.

I think that people are getting caught up in the fact that GW2 is not your traditional MMO. They are used to the traditional MMO format from games such as EQ, WoW, and others, and feel that because GW2 is an MMO it should follow the same content release patterns as them. Until they get over the mindset that GW2 should be like every other MMO, they will never be happy with the way things get released.

recognize my command!”

No expansion content

in Living World

Posted by: Zephyron.7081

Zephyron.7081

I don’t care if it comes in a hard box expansion, DLC to buy, or via the Living Story and Feature Updates. All I care about is getting newer and better content! Overall, I see the same desire from the community in the forums, and from my best friend who just went back WoW because of their upcoming expansion pack: Players need more content to stay interested. WoW, he went back to THAT game! UGH!!!!!

People love learning new stuff, like game mechanics, newer classes, crafts, raids, dungeons, PvP modes. I want to see another heavy armor class, additional weapons added to all classes, sPvP deathmatch arenas and other PvP game modes, more dungeons that don’t allow for stack and smack, actual raids for hardcore players, newer zones that are huge like continent size! Make dragon fights more than a Zerg fest that actually involve coordinated small group strategy. Maybe have the boss fights be dynamic, so they are different every time. Give us another tier of gear to strive for, not just aesthetics, but higher stats. Add a form of world PvP that is not WvW, add dueling, mounts, and change up the world like the destruction of Lion’s Arch. Oh, and keep progressing the Living Story too.

2 years….what will year 3 bring?

No expansion content

in Living World

Posted by: andreic.4679

andreic.4679

Like cople of people sad this isnt normal MMO they try to keep this game live so they put in living world/story.And maybi half of players dont like this but you got 1/3 of DLC, season2 is Premenet and if you dont rush true story you can have ~5-7h of play time.They put in game lot of new skins thet you can try to find or grind for,they are puting new skils (not so much of em but they are),we arent seein new race but you cant have it all.

But it will be nice if they put in Toxic fractals and The Origins of Madness onces ,but stil arena do pritty good work wit game after 2 years people population dont go down so it is beter then 60% of MMO.

Arena just keep doing what your doing and game will be epick.

Vorpp: Who let this creature out of its cage? Someone’s fired!

No expansion content

in Living World

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Here is why I am against an expansion – I do not want them taking development resources away from improving and adding to the game bit by bit to develop a larger chunk of content that we wont see for a year and will have to pay for. To me, that makes no sense whatsover for us to want.

The LS has added so little to the game that it makes zero sense to not want an expansion.

SBI