No more bamboo JP's please

in Living World

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Don’t get me wrong, I love jumping puzzles. But the zephyrite bamboo stick just don’t do it for me. I constantly bang my head on invisible things, get stuck between spokes or slide off things that shouldn’t slide. It’s even worse with the wind jump and its own bugs.

So please, add as many and as difficult jumping puzzles as you like. The more the better. But no more bamboo. It’s super frustrating if the only difficulty comes from fighting the camera.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Living World

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

uh oh.. they better delete that stonemist castle sized “bamboo fortress jumping puzzle” they were going to implement in tomorrows patch     

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

in Living World

Posted by: met.9653

met.9653

Sorry bro, season 2 is all about bamboo jumping ;D
Expansion worth content

in Living World

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

… the wind jump and its own bugs.

You are so funny!

in Living World

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I agree though, the bamboo has terrible collision for jumping. It’s painful to see what the environment artists come up with sometimes, in light of the game’s dodge ice skate mechanics, and the terrible camera system.

Speaking as a level designer, please take the following guidelines to heart:

• Objects should have proper collision. It should be perfectly clear to the player, which objects he can safely stand on, and which will cause him to slide off. No ice skating!
  • Objects should be large enough to support the character. No platforming across needles! Just make normal platforms.
  • There should be enough clear space above the player, so he doesn’t bump into things that are off screen.
  • No platforming across diagonal objects! See the ice skating rule above.
  • Please prevent the camera from getting stuck on nearby objects. If the player walks up to a wall, and he instantly finds himself unable to see anything, that’s bad. The camera should not zoom in on the player, just because the player approaches an object in the environment.
  • Please provide easy ways for players to retry a jumping challenge. High difficulty is fine, but players shouldn’t be forced to return to the nearest way point, and then walk all the way back. And if they reach the top, make it the actual top. Don’t force players to go back down, just to pick up a crystal to go back up. Just place an extra crystal at the top. Things are allowed to be hard, but be lenient.
  • No enemies that cause you to fail a jump, due to the terrible in-combat slow down. Just put those enemies elsewhere. And please prevent situations where a player may get permanently locked in combat, during a jumping puzzle. That is just not cool. I’m not saying you can’t have some enemies in a JP, but please consider carefully where you place them, and if they might have a less than enjoyable effect on the JP.
“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

in Living World

Posted by: HyruleanHyroe.1473

HyruleanHyroe.1473

Jumping Puzzle: “Who send all these babies to fight?!”

I have a “band”, Beatiatrician: http://youtu.be/zw_Sl-El8_I

in Living World

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Jumping Puzzle: “Who send all these babies to fight?!”

I’m not a jumping puzzle novice. I actually clear the clock tower in under an hour during its first release.

I just don’t like the issues (which MQM graciously elaborated on).

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.