No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

i feel like im watching a movie and 1 of the main actors died, so sad!

Attachments:

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Stay away from game of thrones.

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Sigh. I was a bit surprised at first, since I expected them to just have her killed off right away instead of just at the end if they were going to do that. Then I just felt like “Why?”

I mean, did they really feel obligated to kill somebody off for no good reason?

This is even worse than the rampant deaths in the Personal Story, where characters at least got interesting or had some potential before getting killed off, or at least went down fighting to save others (Forgal/Sieran/Tybalt, rest in peace). Belinda didn’t even get to that point.

After the intial surprise wore off, I was just left with a “Meh” feeling. Oh well.

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

just finished it, omg the vision i wonder if we will go insane too

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

I don’t get how she was killed exactly? To me it look like she got tangle up on the vine. At least with the other dead Seraph were strangle by the vines. Even then should she let out a scream or something?

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

I danced on her corpse

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

i was thinking to myself, yeh everyone’s prolly dead in that fort by now…
maybe if her sister hadn’t spawned slow moving minions on top of aggressive mobs we wouldn’t have to deal with this.. and it appears the vine attacked from behind her, more disappointing than sad really

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Nilkemia.8507

I don’t get how she was killed exactly? To me it look like she got tangle up on the vine. At least with the other dead Seraph were strangle by the vines. Even then should she let out a scream or something?

The vine may have just reached up from behind and then choked her to death or broke her neck. At least, that’s the only way I think it could happen without any blood or getting through her armor first, and she wouldn’t be able to scream in either of those cases if the vine was quick and silent about it.

Then again, her death felt contrived anyway.

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

Sigh. I was a bit surprised at first, since I expected them to just have her killed off right away instead of just at the end if they were going to do that. Then I just felt like “Why?”

I mean, did they really feel obligated to kill somebody off for no good reason?

This is even worse than the rampant deaths in the Personal Story, where characters at least got interesting or had some potential before getting killed off, or at least went down fighting to save others (Forgal/Sieran/Tybalt, rest in peace). Belinda didn’t even get to that point.

After the intial surprise wore off, I was just left with a “Meh” feeling. Oh well.

I don’t think Belinda was the one we were suppose to feel for.

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Elder Dragons are dangerous. It would be ridiculous to fight one and everyone lives through it. Why do people seem to think it would make sense to have a story where Elder Dragons don’t kill people early and often?

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

We already have random NPCs dying early and often. If you bother to write a secondary NPC, it’s a waste to have it die like that.

Well not exactly a waste. It brings Marjory and Kas even closer, which I suspect is the goal…If this LS doesn’t end with one of their death, it’s going to end with a wedding proposal…

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I think her death was premature.
She was an interesting character that we barely got to know. We didn’t get a chance to really care about this character. I just feel that her role in the story is unfinished.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Don’t know how this is a shock to anyone. Belinda was written in to be killed.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

TBH I laughed when this happened. Not because the event itself was funny, but at how little set up there was, so it’s not like I cared… and how seemingly unimportant this character was.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Khorrax.2108

Khorrax.2108

Come on, who didn’t see it coming? Especially since she was sent to Fort Salma on the previous episode. I would have been surprised if she wasn’t killed.

And I suppose it was supposed to add some drama, but it was poorly executed. When I did the instance, I died once and I was resurrected right at the start of the instance. And just inside the fort, Kasmeer and Marjory simply stayed there while I busted my kitten saving Marjory’s minions :P So when that little cinematic showing Belinda dead played, it was a bit funny to me because Kasmeer and Marjory had been around Belinda the whole time I was fighting that boss.

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

checks body for the sword

kitten ..

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Dragoon.5647

Dragoon.5647

It wasn’t a shock, per se. It was more sadness for me, I thought she would have survived a little longer just so we could get a better understanding of why Kasmeer got the feeling Belinda wasn’t happy to see here at the beginning of this season. Oh well…

So anyone think Marjory is gonna take up Belinda’s sword and use it for vengeance? Great swords confirmed for Necro’s?

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Nilkemia.8507

So anyone think Marjory is gonna take up Belinda’s sword and use it for vengeance? Great swords confirmed for Necro’s?

Speaking of necromancers, why can’t she just resurrect her? Or is there more to it than a spell?

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

kitten ..

Made my day

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Omar Aschi Popp.7496

Omar Aschi Popp.7496

kitten ..

+1 this a billion times!
And you’re a kittenty excuse for a videogamer if you didn’t think the exact same thing as your FIRST thought.

List of people whose posts speak on my behalf:
Lunar Sunset.8742
Rogue.7856

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

Me and the missus laughed =p

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Nilkemia.8507

kitten ..

+1 this a billion times!
And you’re a kittenty excuse for a videogamer if you didn’t think the exact same thing as your FIRST thought.

I didn’t care about the katana. I have much better things in my armory already, so…

(I intended a different word in place of “armory”, but it got filtered. Oh well.)

(edited by Nilkemia.8507)

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

well they made a new important charackter to kill it in 3 weeks or smth.. hmmm…

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

I was looking on the ground to check if she dropped it :/

CAN WE HAVE KATANA NOW PLZ ? :/ you can have these kitteny weapons you released just now.. I just want the katana > . <

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Riaky.8965

Riaky.8965

she got tentacled -_-

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

Speaking of necromancers, why can’t she just resurrect her? Or is there more to it than a spell?

Necromancer reanimate the dead, not bring the dead back to life. The only being with that power is Grenth.

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

What’s eerie is that I made exactly this prediction to my guild last night.

I don’t like being right about this.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

What’s your next prediction almighty seer? (And can you infuse my armor while you’re at it?)

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

i wish belinda had gotten possessed by the tree and killed kasmeer.
that woulda had some interesting results.

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

this is what happens when you bring upscaleds with you, bet she was wearing greens

9 Guardians later…

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

See now, while Belinda’s death didn’t impact me, I like how they’re trying to be dark. Vines coming out of the ground, strangling, choking, and hanging people – I mean this was what made Guild Wars 1 lore so fascinating. Sure there was a lot of happy endings there was a lot of grit you had to get around to get those endings. So even walking into the next section of Dry Top, you got that ominous feeling of hopelessness. Something the personal story really lacked in my opinion.

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

Not to be burst your bubble but this thought had gone around for a while following the conclusion of Season 1. Mainly because originally it was leaked that Marjory was supposed to die in Season 1 and ANet changed that as a response. So the question became whether they would try to kill her again, or focus on someone else and then along came Belinda out of nowhere.

By the by, where’s my two-hander katana?!

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: GuzziHero.5104

GuzziHero.5104

If someone joins the army, death is a likelihood. That’s why I never cry for them r/l or in a game, or see them as ‘heroes’. You accept it as a risk. Gotta be honest, it was pretty obvious is was going to happen so it didn’t bother me.

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

No bubble to burst, Ronin. “I don’t like being right” means just that. I was hoping I was wrong.

That aside, I found it pretty affecting…especially when the “the boss” and Kasmeer break the news to the rest of DE Junior.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Ishtar.6457

Ishtar.6457

Yesss, since we are in a game of thrones mood kind of way with all the killing story, i suggest next it is time to kill Jory, please, so drama queen Kasmeer will finally go away in a corner and shut up or leave king’s landing to become hermit in narnia or whatever.
I am dead serious btw ..

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Wowlock.8176

Wowlock.8176

You know the sad part ? I didn’t care about it at that point since I knew they were gonna pull a crap like that. Frankly, after getting through all the death and destruction, I am more shocked on somebody surviving at the end of story missions really.

Appearanly Marjory was saved at Season 1 just to kill of her sister. Somebody at Anet must really hate Mama Jory to kill at least one of their daughters.

It is a waste of potential btw. I was more mad about the mini-boss before getting to this scene.

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Scipio.3204

Scipio.3204

kitten ..

Evon probably got there first

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: cainejw.7142

cainejw.7142

Like NexonNet would allow you to get her sword anywhere but the cash shop!

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

As soon as Kasmeer said “ooh, let’s go talk to Belinda” I knew Belinda was going to die. Hell, I knew as soon as the last living story when she got the typical “safe” mission to go back to fort salma. Honestly it kittenes me off a bit, since she was one of the few characters in the entire game that I actually was starting to like since she seemed like a real person (at least moreso than other npcs). Unfortunately they killed her off before she could get any real development or actually do anything. The only reason for her introduction after Scarlet’s death it seems was to become future cannon fodder and give Marjory some cheap “development” (and I honestly don’t care much for Marjory or Kasmeer… Rox is pretty much the only one of the gang that I like much). At least let Belinda do something for the plot, or have some heroic sacrifice before killing her.

Honestly would have been way more exciting and fresh to have Marjory die saving Belinda from a vine. Not everyone and their mother would have predicted it for one. And furthermore Belinda replacing Marjory in the gang could have ended up being awesome for group dynamics.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

(edited by Jabberwock.9014)

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

We already have random NPCs dying early and often. If you bother to write a secondary NPC, it’s a waste to have it die like that.

Well not exactly a waste. It brings Marjory and Kas even closer, which I suspect is the goal…If this LS doesn’t end with one of their death, it’s going to end with a wedding proposal…

. . . wedding proposal you say? I’ll go find a proper band, and just the right music.

Don’t worry, I think I can solve a lot of problems about the comparison of LS and other fiction real easy.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Zhaneel.9208

Zhaneel.9208

I really couldn’t care less. I was happy Marjory was gone though. She’s my least favorite of the two human characters.

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

I find it weird that they just left Belinda hanging.

Ba dum tish!

And it is absolutely for character development. Belinda as a character had no meaning to the story other than her relation to Marjory. We didn’t even know what she was like personality-wise — Neither does Kasmeer.

Rox, Braham, and Taimi together are more interesting personality wise than Kas and Marjory. I’m guessing this is some way to shoe in a bit more personality.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

I was kind of hoping we would have gotten her sword at the end of that mission…

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

I was expecting it, what shocked me was that it happened so soon. I was at least thinking a few more episodes, not the second one.

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

she got tentacled -_-

Doesn’t help as it looks like the Delaquas are of Canthan descent. :/ -_-’

I was expecting her to die, but I was still a little shocked at exactly when it happened. What ruined this for me, though, as a clone Kasmeer and Marjory walking through the scene while the latter was crying over her sister’s death.

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

When I found out Fort Salma was being hit, I was honestly surprised she was alive when I first arrived. I expected to turn up to discover she had died.

People predicted this the moment Belinda was introduced – back in the epilogue for season one in the bar, the discussion about that expected her to die in Brisban somehow. I thought her appearance last release was really strange – it was like a reminder that she exists. She didn’t do anything important in Brisban, seemed to serve no purpose but give Marjory a chance to talk about her family, then instantly got reassigned to Fort Salma. I honestly wondered why they bothered having her turn up in Brisban in the first place. Thinking back now, it was to give new players a chance to meet her so when she died people were less confused.

I still think there’s nothing wrong with killing her. Not every death should be a huge emotional “nooooooooo” scene. Death will happen a lot when fighting Elder Dragons, if the writers only killed characters that we got to know well, the Elder Dragons wouldn’t seem very dangerous. It would also be kinda lame if named NPCs never died or only died after a long time.

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Kill Momma.6127

Kill Momma.6127

YAAA, As soon as this scene happened, I jumped on her body and started dancing. Screen capped it and put it in TS. Then decided to come here to check peoples reactions. Glad I’m not the only one who decided to dance.

HAHAHAHA

Attachments:

HOD [PHZE]
Chemistry can be a good and bad thing. Good when you make love with it. Bad when you make crack.

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

^ this game needs more players like you. . . .            found in mordrem vines

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Shardelyss.4807

Shardelyss.4807

Yeah, I agree with that.

Unfortunately Belinda was the one I felt the worse for. So young, so much potential for development and then wiped out as a plot point to make Jory and Kas go through angst.

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

Yeah, I agree with that.

Unfortunately Belinda was the one I felt the worse for. So young, so much potential for development and then wiped out as a plot point to make Jory and Kas go through angst.

I was expecting it to happen, but hoping to be wrong. If only to save Marjory any anguish.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aotlEpmAFVQ