No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

YAAA, As soon as this scene happened, I jumped on her body and started dancing. Screen capped it and put it in TS. Then decided to come here to check peoples reactions. Glad I’m not the only one who decided to dance.

HAHAHAHA

DISRESPECT!!!

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Matt H.6142

Matt H.6142

I called it as soon as the lieutenant told her to go to Fort Salma when she really wanted to go to Dry Top.

Fort Aspenwood home
All Professions Level 80

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: sAdam.5876

sAdam.5876

I actually liked her, so I’m a bit sad. Although Marjory reaction was wooden at best(Kas sounded 200% more realistic).

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

Don’t know how this is a shock to anyone. Belinda was written in to be killed.

They could have at least tried to psyche us out and act like she was a real character. Apparently they didn’t learn from the other five hundred random characters they killed off in the personal story that you can’t just wish your audience into giving a crap.

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Could see her death coming a mile off, the Kas/Jory story is so badly written.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Could see her death coming a mile off, the Kas/Jory story is so badly written.

Let’s be honest, most people pegged her as a sacrifice to the God of Drama the instant she showed up in the epilogue and identified herself as Marjory’s sister.

I wish I’d started the Death Pool then, I could have made a couple coppers.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

So Marjory wanted to bring the body back alone. She’s a necromancer. Who is her mother? What is she going to do? Curious to see if that goes anywhere.

For now though I’m happy to see Marjory gone for a bit.

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

weird all this negative talking here, I liked it but often I forget ppl come to forums to complain.

I found it was nice made and I could understand the feeling, anet can’t kill main character all the time so I see no problem and beside is the sister of a main that’s enough or do u criticize batman story bcs u knew his parents only 20 seconds ?

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

do u criticize batman story bcs u knew his parents only 20 seconds ?

when marjory turns into batman, adopts a deep voice, and fights “FOR JUSTICE.” I will be happy.

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

I was expecting it, what shocked me was that it happened so soon. I was at least thinking a few more episodes, not the second one.

Agreed, I think this could have been done much better. It would have been more impacting to see this in future episodes after we have been able to learn more about her. She was only introduced at the conclusion of Season 1 which didn’t give us much time to get to know her. At this point I’m just going, “Meh.” All she ended up being was just another casualty who had family ties to Marjory, being her sister, but otherwise we hardly knew her beyond that and that she was apart of Seraph.

Dat sword doe!

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Qiraa.4130

Qiraa.4130

was so sorry for Marjory, here is me expressing my sorrow

Attachments:

Qiraa Kasapi of UNTY, Aurora Glade

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Obvious redshirt was obvious.

How can anyone be surprised? ANet is not willing to kill off their new Destiny’s Edge 2.0 members, so they introduced a disposable character.
The first time I saw Jory’s sister, I knew she would die a horrible death.

And katana + tentacle sound like two things going well together…

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

you can use a dance emote, congratulations..

I actually liked her, so I’m a bit sad. Although Marjory reaction was wooden at best(Kas sounded 200% more realistic).

i thought the avatar motions were good, and sadly this would have been marjory’s best opportunity to have an emotional moment.. {like an actual one for a change} ball dropped, she’s still just a big bad broody whatever statement they’re trying to make her.. could have contrasted it with kasmeer, doesn’t she get angry when people die.. oh, no.. only when it’s marjory.. if there’s any justice in tyria marjory will get killed on the road by a troll and kasmeer will start a scrying pool business for quaggans.. if i’m going to have a disfunctional group member i’d rather take canach.. male, sylvari, engineer who can at least wash the dishes {taken from game}

and lets face it, with this game, belinda isn’t dead because she was a plot device..
she’s dead because she didn’t stack, zerk, and roll a diff profession

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

(edited by cheshirefox.7026)

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Ronin.7381

was so sorry for Marjory, here is me expressing my sorrow

“I’m so excited, I just can’t hide it. I’m about to lose control and I think I like it!”

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Tinfoil hat time:

The unique sword is a symbolic family heirloom (Marjory and Belinda had at least one canthan parent, judging by hair color and facial features)

Marjory will use said sword to kill something important, probably stick it in some meaty part of Mordy before it’s all over (NPC necros have greatsword skills!)

That sword, soon to become a thing of legend will become a new symbol of krytan office because:

Marjory’s non-canthan parent was of krytan lineage, and Marjory, unbeknownst to herself but knownst to said krytan parent, is the unnamed heir to the krytan throne.

But wait! There’s more!

Marjory’s Canthan parent was actually descended of Kisu’s line, which makes Marjory not only the legitimate heir to Kryta, but indeed all of Cantha as well, where we’ll be going for season 3, after bubbles eviscerates the current canthan ruling class who conveniently get one stammering survivor to tyrian shores to give us the heads up on the situation.

Feature pack 2, between LS2 and LS3: underwater combat revamp.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Allanon.9072

Allanon.9072

RIP we wont miss the drama queen hope the others end up 2 somewhere in a black hole ..

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Ronin.7381

Ooo then this would mean Jennah could likely see her death. Although I think that’s a stretch so I’m not on board at this point.

That and I would like a lot of drama/intrigue when it comes to entering Cantha. I want us to be at the heart of an uprising and helping Kurzick and Luxon decedents regain their Sovereignty. Not Bubbles.

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: mcgriddles.2416

mcgriddles.2416

weird all this negative talking here, I liked it but often I forget ppl come to forums to complain.

I found it was nice made and I could understand the feeling, anet can’t kill main character all the time so I see no problem and beside is the sister of a main that’s enough or do u criticize batman story bcs u knew his parents only 20 seconds ?

Last time I checked, Batman’s parents dying is kinda what made him into Batman.
Marjory’s sister dying is likely not going to turn her into Batman. Although that would certainly be an interesting crossover.

Incursiön [iN]

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Organization Sekhen.2481

Organization Sekhen.2481

The XP was enough to bump me up another level and trigger the daily.

My character decided this was a good time to shout “Just one more confirmation of how great I am”

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

it was a reasonable attempt from Anet to stir up some emotion, but belinda only features a couple of times so there wasn’t much of a connection to her and her death wasn’t dramatic enough(she was discovered dead). If they really wanted this to be major moment we should of witness the death and not only that tried and failed to save her with marjory. Or the classic – a vine comes up to attack Marjory and Belinda pushes her away saving her but dies in her place, then Marjory could have that guilt of “It should of been me” to go with her sadness.

I do like that the Anet writers are at least trying.

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

Last time I checked, Batman’s parents dying is kinda what made him into Batman.
Marjory’s sister dying is likely not going to turn her into Batman. Although that would certainly be an interesting crossover.

What did it make her?

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

What did it make her?

. . . less one sibling.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

So anyone think Marjory is gonna take up Belinda’s sword and use it for vengeance? Great swords confirmed for Necro’s?

Speaking of necromancers, why can’t she just resurrect her? Or is there more to it than a spell?

I don’t think necromancers can actually resurrect someone. Reanimation is just using the materials.

Although now I’m imagining Marjory going nuts, reanimating her sisters corpse, talking to it like it’s alive while manufacturing replies and patching her up when she starts rotting to try and pretend everything’s all fine. Complete with eye twitching and manic high pitched laughs naturally.

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Although now I’m imagining Marjory going nuts, reanimating her sisters corpse, talking to it like it’s alive while manufacturing replies and patching her up when she starts rotting to try and pretend everything’s all fine. Complete with eye twitching and manic high pitched laughs naturally.

I find it more entertaining to imagine her trying that, then Livia dropping by and going “Oh, dear me, you should see what a real necromancer can do . . . come with me, you have much to learn and little time to do it in.”

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

shame, i really liked her sister. it was nice to see another npc with character other than the normal four. though a premature death could lead the story into more conflicts, i enjoyed spending time with Belinda. maybe jory will end up going mad.

BELINDA!!!!!!!!…….
why u heav to leaf me?

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: zwierz.9012

zwierz.9012

Come on, OP, Belinda was doomed from the moment she walked in the Dead End Bar. She had about as much chance to live as Wilhelm “Redhsirt Stormtrooper” Stark about to get married.

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

i feel like im watching a movie and 1 of the main actors died, so sad!

I was more upset that I couldn’t loot her sword. Maybe well get it as a gift after the funeral.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: spikyblackhair.4951

spikyblackhair.4951

Eh, I was pretty sure she was going to be offed as soon as she reappeared in the last episode and Marjory said she wanted to spend more time together, so her death didn’t even register a shrug from me. It did happen earlier than expected, but the overall effect was more of a “lol, so they didn’t even bother to try to get us to care” rather than real surprise.

Do want that sword skin, though.

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Mackanstein.2503

Mackanstein.2503

I had to.

/fifteencharrs

Attachments:

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Great, Marjory is on the floor in tears and all you people can do is snap pics of the body. Fine friends you are! -.-

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Rabe.2456

Rabe.2456

I’m not her friend…

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: BlameAmes.3581

BlameAmes.3581

So… nobody knew it was a red shirt from the VA?

Like, seriously. Nobody was tripped up by the fact that they recycled Taimi’s voice actress? It was horribly obvious and I think ANet knew it.

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

I agree, but they could have waited a few episodes before throwing down the axe on her.
Well at least she didn’t say anything about being 3 weeks from retirement.
Considering how parts of this was predictable, I expected similar.

I did like how the biconics used “he” and “him” in game for my character.
I don’t think the game did that before. So at least some things are improving.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

So… nobody knew it was a red shirt from the VA?

Like, seriously. Nobody was tripped up by the fact that they recycled Taimi’s voice actress? It was horribly obvious and I think ANet knew it.

Yeah I know. It was fairly obvious all in all. Either her or Taimi and Taimi is too much of a fan favourite.

Still, the way they killed her off, completely non-heroic and all, and the way they then immediately shove you to her body with Marjory in tow… nicely done. Or evilly done, depends on perspective.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Eravyn.7483

Eravyn.7483

As soon as Belinda’s boss made her and Marjory split up, I knew one of those sisters wasn’t going to make it home. The too sweet giant little sister seemed the more likely option.

That said, it’s still sad. I don’t even like Marjory (she could say ONE SENTENCE normally, you know? Not everything has to be that dramatically spoken.) but this was sad.

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I’m not going to lie, once I saw Fort Salma swarmed up I thought that finally, either Kasmeer or Marjory is dead.

Instead, some NPC we barely even known got herself killed and… well, not much. It was same reaction as for hung quaggan “oh, these vines look quite cool”.

If ANet could hung all Inquest instead I would at least cheer and be grateful. I hate those rats.

Another death, another “meh, okay, I didn’t care anyway”.

Crafting humanoid race npc, like human will be always more dull than Charr NPC for me. Learn from Tybalt.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Nanashi.6297

Nanashi.6297

I think her death was premature.
She was an interesting character that we barely got to know. We didn’t get a chance to really care about this character. I just feel that her role in the story is unfinished.

this is basically it. I mean I still wouldn’t like it if she dies after being introduced properly but the way it is now is even worse. Why even introduce her if you gonna kill her next episode anyway. There would be no difference if we just arrived here and found her like that without having seen her in the first episode.

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Speaking of necromancers, why can’t she just resurrect her? Or is there more to it than a spell?

Haven’t you ever seen Pet Sematary? You can’t go around reanimating dead family members! Not if you value your Achilles.

No!!!!!!!!(spoiler)

in Living World

Posted by: Snowmoon.1758

Snowmoon.1758

Yea, they should have let Belinda stay for a couple of episodes more and maybe adventured with us before they killed her off so the death has more impact.

As of right now, i think players feel more impact for Drooburt then Belinda, because
some of us actually gave gold to that fool.

Staunch Supporter of Mounts in Guild Wars 2. Gimme mah Fluffeh White Bunneh!!!
Give us Mounts, Anet! Pretty Please with Chocolate, Whipped Cream, Cherry and Mayonnaise? d^_^b