Omadds Machine Cinematic. Item to rewatch it?

in Living World

Posted by: Lord Emilio.4130

Lord Emilio.4130

Q:

Hello!
First of all, Id like to congratulate Arenanet for the Living Story so far, Ive had lots of fun with it! I just watched my character get into Omadd´s machine, and I think it was so fantastic!
I appreciate the fact that we can rewatch this cinematic on the website. But I was wondering, maybe you could make it possible for us to rewatch this cinematic (with our own characters) From a certain point in a capital city? Like you click some sort of holotransmitor that lets you see all cinematics you ve lived through. Or maybe make it a gem store item? Like the Zephyrite Sanctuary Balloon you got for completing the meta the first time The Bazaar of the Four Winds came out.

I know I can just replay the living story chapter, I just wanted to throw out this idea.

(edited by Lord Emilio.4130)

in Living World

Posted by: Chaostheory.3045

Chaostheory.3045

Yes there are some good cutscenes that they could let you see again. They did it for one event but i believe they should expand it. A book when you double click it should have a list come up of all major cutscenes so we can enjoy some highlights of the times past. They have already made the scenes so why not show them off. BUT make it available to everyone (maybe a historian npc gives you the book after a quest) rather than gems or RNG

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Agreed. Maybe at the end of LS2 there will be a cutscene book.

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

It is worth noting that you can repeat the instance through the story journal, although heading out to Dry Top to do so may be a bit of a pain on occasion.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Living World

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

I think they should add a button at the living story journal to rewatch the cinematics to be honest. An item is just inconvenient and takes up bag/bank slots. If they added a simple button to the living story UI it would remove the need to make new items constantly. The advantage to this is that they could easily add the personal story cinematics that way aswell. They could even just add a single tab of all unlocked cinematics somewhere in the story journal.

in Living World

Posted by: mricezombie.4560

mricezombie.4560

It would be great if there would be an asura who made a well of memories and is showing it in Rata Sum. By going to rata sum and paying the Asura 50 copper he will show you your memories by looking into the well. This way you can see all The cutscenes that have ever been in the in the living world.

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Yes there are some good cutscenes that they could let you see again. They did it for one event but i believe they should expand it. A book when you double click it should have a list come up of all major cutscenes so we can enjoy some highlights of the times past. They have already made the scenes so why not show them off. BUT make it available to everyone (maybe a historian npc gives you the book after a quest) rather than gems or RNG

Agreed. Maybe at the end of LS2 there will be a cutscene book.

Well they could try and integrate it into the current Story UI, although it’s not really ideally formatted to allow it. Still something like a book would be great.

It would be great if there would be an asura who made a well of memories and is showing it in Rata Sum. By going to rata sum and paying the Asura 50 copper he will show you your memories by looking into the well. This way you can see all The cutscenes that have ever been in the in the living world.

If it’s Asura it would probably be a hologram, but yeah that’s another idea. We could put bards or something in places like Divinity’s Reach and Hoelbrak.

in Living World

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

There is an item called majory’s Journal which u can view a cutscene from season 1. Maybe they could make it so the other cutscenes r added to it.

in Living World

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

This should be part of the LS journal. A simple icon you can click on to view the cutscene would solve all of this.

Another easy thing to include would be the ability to search the TP buy armour type yet people have been waiting over a year for that.

don’t hold your breath.