Ominous Foreshadowing and Canach

in Living World

Posted by: CaptainVanguard.4925

CaptainVanguard.4925

So, I recently went to Canach in Vigils Keep since I doubt alotta people go to pay attention to this guy, but he has had a small update.

The Lionguard holding him points out that he has been assigned to the Shining Blade.

Does anyone else get the feeling that Canach is going to pull an Aerin on us?

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Perhaps. I’m going to go see this for myself.

Part of me wants to doubt it, seeing that Aerin (and Scarlet, to some extent) were both Soundless, which was speculated to be part of how they went crazy.

Although, I’m uncertain if Canach is still connected to the Dream or not. It could very well go that way.

Though I genuinely hope not. He has more potential than that.

(edited by Nilkemia.8507)

in Living World

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

Pulling a Aerin would be too cheap of a move for the storyline.

Canach has the potention to play a much more important role as a Anti-Hero Protagonist of the Investigation Team in the Mordremoth Arc now that the world is being threated by Mordremoth.

in Living World

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Canach is an awesome anti-hero loved by the community, and if they really kill him off like they did Aerin, then I will be greatly upset.

in Living World

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Wasn’t Canach corrupted in Southsun? Say good bye to him or the queen then!

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Living World

Posted by: Rabe.2456

Rabe.2456

The way he talks to the PC doesn’t make him seem corrupted. I expect him to play a bigger role in S2.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m pretty certain that Canach is still connected to the Dream. The Dream seems to be protecting the Sylvari from Mordremoth’s influence, seeing as how both Scarlet (went outside the Dream in Omadd’s device) and Aerin (Soundless) lacked this protection prior to going insane/corrupted.

in Living World

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

well the shining blade aren’t getting anywhere near the maguuma in the foreseeable future. they’re the queen’s guard now. and so far, any corrupted sylvari were in the maguuma in order to be corrupted.

on the other hand, there’s that whole talk about “leaders will die”.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Living World

Posted by: Wowlock.8176

Wowlock.8176

Sadly, I might expect such cheap move from the story. ‘’Shock value ’’ and all. But for that to happen, either the Pale Tree must be corrupted or Canach somehow gets disconnected from it since The Dream is protecting the normal Sylvari while the rest tend to be open to Mords corruption.

Although I am expecting him to do some heroics and save the queen somehow. It is kinda weird to see a Sylvari ( a convicted one at that ) getting into the Shining Blade though.

in Living World

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

Destiny’s Orphans need their token Sylvari.

in Living World

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

Destiny’s Orphans need their token Sylvari.

Considering Marjory is taking time off, I think a slot just opened up too.

in Living World

Posted by: Caro.2730

Caro.2730

Canach will fall in love with Anise, because everyone does. <3

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Anise is already in a secret affair with Jennah. Don’t tell anyone.

in Living World

CaptainVanguard.4925

I don’t think we need a token Sylvari in DE2.0 I think its possible that Canach will remain a solo operative, but maybe from time to time we help him out.

The idea of having a race for every member hopefully never becomes a thing because do we really NEED every DE themed group to have one of every race?

The short answer:

No

The longer answer:

It takes away from the uniqueness of the current group by forcing a new character into it just for the sake of token character logic.

While I feel he would fit in the role well since Canach and Jory are both anti-heroes I do feel that his role wouldn’t feel right if he joined since hes a lone wolf and he prefers to do things himself.

Would we help him in a one off situation, quite likely, but will he decide to join us permanently? I hope not, it’d be too easy.

I want him to be a character that “maybe later” will decide to join DE2.0 but for now we just help him out giving him a reason to trust us.

in Living World

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Canach is the one thats depicted in the Krytan locket

Anyone else want a triple showdown to happen for Jennah? (Three way thunderdome battle between Anise, Logan, and Canach/Trahearne)

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

well the shining blade aren’t getting anywhere near the maguuma in the foreseeable future. they’re the queen’s guard now. and so far, any corrupted sylvari were in the maguuma in order to be corrupted.

Well to be fair we do have some new information of that Locket, and it would be fully possible that it somehow got to Maguuma and the Shining Blade went their to get it back.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

Well to be fair we do have some new information of that Locket, and it would be fully possible that it somehow got to Maguuma and the Shining Blade went their to get it back.

it was in timberline, and it’s being sent back to the priory. that’s a straight line through the shiverpeaks, on the other side of the continent.

the locket isn’t going to the maguuma, and considering the priory has had it for some time now, i don’t imagine the shining blade particularly care about it.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Living World

CaptainVanguard.4925

99% calling it regarding the Locket.

Its Anise.