Opened Ogden's gratitude reward and..

in Living World

Posted by: OvAeons.4012

OvAeons.4012

it says “rare gear”, so i would assume at least rare rarity from it. What do i get? white rarity light pants… there seems to be something wrong with the item drops from it if i get a bloody white item..

in Living World

Posted by: Aivirth.7123

Aivirth.7123

odd, i got two rares

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I too got two rares.

Looks like you were bugged, m’boy.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

OvAeons.4012

well that is kinda lame : / no that it really matters for me but that is a bug with the drop tables then.

in Living World

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

I don’t remember the CHaracter of OGden being such an kitten as he was in the cutscenes. Bring back Dunkoro!

in Living World

OvAeons.4012

way out of context :P buuut i am sure Dunky must be super dead by now :P

in Living World

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

I got a white armor (berserkers apprentice coat) from it too. Didn’t think much of it, because I think I got the rares as well. I think. Sorry, I don’t remember, just now that you mention it… I’m so used to opening boxes and having junk come out, it would have never occurred to me to make a post on the forum about it.

in Living World

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

What level of the char were you on when you opened the box?

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

in Living World

OvAeons.4012

i was on my toon that i used to complete the arcana, which was level 80

in Living World

Posted by: MrPersons.1560

MrPersons.1560

I must be special, I got 5 of the level up tome things from it, used it to get my ranger from 75 to 80.

Androcles Beartamer:Norn Warrior|Nadul the Mechanist: Charr Engineer|Espergem: Sylvari Elementalist
Sythern the Warlock: Human Necromancer| Lithia the Shadow: Human Theif
Lumata: Asura Mesmer|Arion of HonorHall: Human Guardian |Abigail the Tamer: Norn Hunter

in Living World

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I got 2 rares as well…. a chest and boots (both heavy, while on my ele lol). Along with a couple obi shards, 5 tomes of knowledge, etc. Netted myself 5 ecto from the 2 rares Was a nice little payout for me.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Living World

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

You got the Rares as well. I got a white item out of that box, too, but still got 2 rares, obsidian shards, and tomes of knowledge.

Was a nice little reward.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Living World

Posted by: Olcodger.3792

Olcodger.3792

Can you get Ogden’s Gratitude reward on each character?

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

No, only once per account, since it’s tied to the achievement for completing the story chapter.

in Living World

Posted by: Cole Eyre.8471

Cole Eyre.8471

it says “rare gear”, so i would assume at least rare rarity from it. What do i get? white rarity light pants… there seems to be something wrong with the item drops from it if i get a bloody white item..

I got junk, too.

in Living World

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

It’s Ogden’s way of trolling you because you laughed at his bald head.

in Living World

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

I don’t remember the CHaracter of OGden being such an kitten as he was in the cutscenes. Bring back Dunkoro!

I guess it’s the effect of living for so long.

I remember reading an article (it was talking about Dr. Manhattan from Watchmen, but applies) that basically talked about how the brain measures time by comparing it with the memories it has, so the longer you have lived, the faster you remember things happening. That is why when you’re a kid, it seems to take forever for your birthday or christmas to come (if you’re 5 years old it takes literally 1/5th of your life to happen), while when you’re older you think “wow, it’s christmas again?… but we just celebrated it so little time ago, where did time go?”.

Developing friendships also need time, how much changes with time as the brain perceives it, which is why a kid can just meet another kid and become very good friends right away, while an adult could take months (or years) after meeting someone and considering a friend. The longer you’ve lived, the harder it is to form meaningful relationships, and for inmortal characters it would mean that someone they might known for months might feel like someone that just barged in to ask you something and left right away. Which is I believe the reason for Ogden’s current personality (he was probably middle aged at GW1, add 250 years to that age)… not to mention that he wasn’t specially happy about the dwarves becoming stone back then.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.