Organized maps are conflicting with pug maps

in Living World

Posted by: Okamikazi.8652

Okamikazi.8652

Trying to get into a map that s not focused on a single goal like chest maps or maps that just want to hunt a certain boss. Double clicking on the silverwastes waypoint keeps putting me on such maps when i just want to grind crests but i cant grind crests because there arnt enough players to help defend the forts.

in Living World

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

Uh, just using the wp does not change your map.

in Living World

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

What VitalSuit said, you don’t change map by waypointing, you change map by accepting and lfg and joining someone else or when a request comes up or by relogging (doesnt always work) but yea, next time you want to change map, use the lfg

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Use the LFG tool and look for “org SW taxi” and posts like that.

in Living World

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Eh I’ve been gone for a long time, there is no overflow anymore? Any means to see what kind of a map you are on, besides asking in map chat? Or look at the amount of shovelers at yellow

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

As others have said just open lfg and pick the type of map you want. I saw lfg for at least 6 different types of maps last night. Organized, farm, specific boss kills, etc.

in Living World

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Or you can still use guest (to a different server) to force a map change and hope to get lucky that.

Using LFG as others have said might be the best option. Or just…going with the flow.

Personally I really haven’t had an issue with ‘farming only’ or ‘this boss only’ maps. Most of mine have been pretty laid back, calling out where help is needed, where the legendaries have spawned, etc. It was a good weekend.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Living World

Posted by: Raap.9065

Raap.9065

And this is why the game needs selectable overflow maps like GW1 had them, including language specific ones for EU. In this system, every active map copy is shown in a list and you can join any of them as you please. This way finding a map focussed on the content you prefer to do is going to be significantly easier. An added benefit of this solution is that we as players can see how active a zone really is.

It puzzles me why ArenaNet still thinks dumping players into random maps is a good idea. The only reason I can think of why they want it this way is to present an illusion of a true single mega server, or to hide the number of people actually playing in a zone.

As for the taxi option through LFG, that’s a route very few people know of or want to take.

Swift Mending – Guardian
Thorny Scrub – Thief
Desolation

(edited by Raap.9065)

in Living World

Posted by: Okamikazi.8652

Okamikazi.8652

I did try using the lfg tool however, i rarely get any options that say “unorganized” and when i am lucky enough I find out that the unorganized taxi took me to an organized map. “ugh i just got trolled”.

Using the waypoint to change maps has worked for me. I just make sure that I use a waypoint that is out of zone first then waypoint back in. It came to the point when that method was only sending me to different kinds of organized maps and never to a pug map.

in Living World

aspirine.6852

lgf tool doesnt work at all for this.

in Living World

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

It does, you’re just not paying attention.

in Living World

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

It does. There are still one or two organized maps advertising in LFG, every so often. Although, at any given time, I’m seeing more chest farming maps than organized ones.

Two things need to happen:
1) Chest farm nerfed by limiting availability or tying rewards to the overall activity of the map, not just Amber.
2) Reward for meta events buffed, and overall mechanics need to be changed to give more incentive to defend.

Organized maps are amazingly fun and gets to the Breach a lot quicker if everyone is on the same page. The boss fights themselves are easier if everyone understands the mechanics. I’m glad there are still some people interested in doing an organized run of the meta events, as the content is a lot more engaging (despite the lower reward).

in Living World

Posted by: Raven Twospirit.9342

Raven Twospirit.9342

It does, you’re just not paying attention.

Well, it does and it doesn’t. If you are looking for a certain type of map and get taxi’d in, it absolutely works.

However, if you just WP over without looking for a taxi, you might end up in an organized map that is doing something different from what you intended to go do. This may or may not be an actual problem, but I know I’d feel a bit guilty if I just wanted to farm chests/events (or just run to the LS markers) and thereby messed up the efforts of a bunch of people who were organizing to get a 5/5 map going . . .

in Living World

aspirine.6852

It does. There are still one or two organized maps advertising in LFG, every so often. Although, at any given time, I’m seeing more chest farming maps than organized ones.

Two things need to happen:
1) Chest farm nerfed by limiting availability or tying rewards to the overall activity of the map, not just Amber.
2) Reward for meta events buffed, and overall mechanics need to be changed to give more incentive to defend.

Organized maps are amazingly fun and gets to the Breach a lot quicker if everyone is on the same page. The boss fights themselves are easier if everyone understands the mechanics. I’m glad there are still some people interested in doing an organized run of the meta events, as the content is a lot more engaging (despite the lower reward).

Mine just says looking for taxi on all lines. :/ I thought it would be more usefull than that.